Do Bf's Mimic Sounds Other Animals Make?

Guest jsbelljr83

But Paint, you are conversing with other people who live in places and know exactly what native animals sound like too.  It's not like you are talking to a bunch of city slickers here. 

How does anyone know what a BF sounds like when trying to imitate a wolf?

But Paint, you are conversing with other people who live in places and know exactly what native animals sound like too.  It's not like you are talking to a bunch of city slickers here. 

How does anyone know what a BF sounds like when trying to imitate a wolf?

I will say that I know what a wolf sounds like along with yotees. Speaking for myself and not anyone else, I'm not ignorant and know what specific animals do sound like.

I also know that my husband witnessed one watching our wolves, after he heard that unfamiliar bark. "BUT" I know that doesn't mean squat to you or anyone else who didn't experience it. But when someone comes on a thread and shares similar experiences it's a plus, whether anyone likes it or not.

Guest Urkelbot

These fringe ideas seem to get wilder the more they are shared. Mimicking something plausible like an owl turns into bigfoot mimics everything frogs, peacocks, children, machines.

Or with the eye shine it starts with reflection in the dark like any other night animal and then people are claiming Bigfoots eyes have their own light source which can change colors.

Soo, again, some people just don't understand that the people who live in these types of environments know what native animals sound like.

People that live in those type of environments also tend to suffer from things like cabin fever.

Occasionally I'll see them turn their eyeball lights on and run up the road making car noises.

Anyone else have this happen so I can verify it was Bigfoot?

I don't use the stuff myself, so I can't verify it. Maybe DELETED  :nono: can help you out.  :boredom:

Edited by Branco

Lets see if anyone can guess which vocal from this collage of owl vocals that I think would be more likely from a great ape.

attachicon.gifowl-comparison-2.wav

About the only thing that really sounded to me like an owl was the short one at about the 9 or 10 second mark, and it sounded like a screech owl, not barred owls. 

I don't use the stuff myself, so I can't verify it. Maybe DELETED  :nono: can help you out.  :boredom:

You done hurted my feelings now. I wouldn't be surprised if you scared other potential eyeball and car noise witnesses off. 

People that live in those type of environments also tend to suffer from things like cabin fever.

And cabin fever affects people's hearing? I didn't know that! I guess we really do learn something new every day, don't we? Can you go ahead and tell us what other "things" people who live in the country might "suffer from"? Learning new things is a passions for myself, and for other folks here on the forum I bet. 

You done hurted my feelings now. I wouldn't be surprised if you scared other potential eyeball and car noise witnesses off. 

Que pena! Desculpe!

And cabin fever affects people's hearing? I didn't know that! I guess we really do learn something new every day, don't we? Can you go ahead and tell us what other "things" people who live in the country might "suffer from"? Learning new things is a passions for myself, and for other folks here on the forum I bet. 

Cabin fever can affect the mind. Thinking all known sounds are made by a Bigfoot could easily fall under hallucination. Thinking it's everywhere, yet nowhere to be found could be explained as paranoia. Then of course there's having Bigfoot as an imaginary friend. All effects of isolation and symptoms of cabin fever.

Oh yeah and before someone brings it up, NO I'm not talking about all Bigfoot encounters in general.

Edited by roguefooter

"Do Bf's Mimic Sounds Other Animals Make?"

Which brings me back to the Peacock discussion, and more questions (always more). Sorry to answer your question, with more questions.. but it's just par for the course.. and I don't really have the solid answer, but only some thoughts to enter the discussion.

A witness told me, he heard peacock - like sounds, and then saw a young juvenile creature (or a little BF), peaking around a structure in his camp at him, at night. This happened... only about 17 miles (as the crow flies) from where I just recorded a "peacock" in the middle of state forest, along with other non peacock mystery sounds.

Another good trusted friend.. told me he heard peacock sounds, and sincerely believed, his nocturnal bipedal visitors were responsible for making the sounds, along with a whole catalog of various other sounds.

I've heard  peacock - like sounds, in other recordists unknown audio highlights, from elsewhere in N. America. In particular, the eastern parts.

Only theories I can formulate... 

1) There a lot more peacocks around.. where they are not supposed to be, or else.. I just think they're not supposed to be (on farms.. as captive exotic birds) , living wild in the forest. Not just where I recorded, but all over. They are $ 50 - $100 plus birds, and people just let them go or get sick of them ?

2) Something else, that is a known species.. sounds like a peacock ...wood knocks, and roars,, or interacts with something that wood knocks and roars.

2) Yet Unknowns (aka squatch and company) have heard peacocks, hung around farms, liked what they heard.. and learned to mimic them for what ever reasons i don't yet understand.

3) Yet Unknowns (aka squatch and company) have a vocal they produce... that sounds like a peacock, with no mimic intended

Edited by imonacan

Cabin fever can affect the mind. Thinking all known sounds are made by a Bigfoot could easily fall under hallucination. Thinking it's everywhere, yet nowhere to be found could be explained as paranoia. Then of course there's having Bigfoot as an imaginary friend. All effects of isolation and symptoms of cabin fever.

Oh yeah and before someone brings it up, NO I'm not talking about all Bigfoot encounters in general.

My mind is just fine , thank you.

It's little digs like these that derail threads, so not buying into it.

"Do Bf's Mimic Sounds Other Animals Make?"

Which brings me back to the Peacock discussion, and more questions (always more). Sorry to answer your question, with more questions.. but it's just par for the course.. and I don't really have the solid answer, but only some thoughts to enter the discussion.

A witness told me, he heard peacock - like sounds, and then saw a young juvenile creature (or a little BF), peaking around a structure in his camp at him, at night. This happened... only about 17 miles (as the crow flies) from where I just recorded a "peacock" in the middle of state forest, along with other non peacock mystery sounds.

Another good trusted friend.. told me he heard peacock sounds, and sincerely believed, his nocturnal bipedal visitors were responsible for making the sounds, along with a whole catalog of various other sounds.

I've heard  peacock - like sounds, in other recordists unknown audio highlights, from elsewhere in N. America. In particular, the eastern parts.

Only theories I can formulate... 

1) There a lot more peacocks around.. where they are not supposed to be, or else.. I just think they're not supposed to be (on farms.. as captive exotic birds) , living wild in the forest. Not just where I recorded, but all over. They are $ 50 - $100 plus birds, and people just let them go or get sick of them ?

2) Something else, that is a known species.. sounds like a peacock ...wood knocks, and roars,, or interacts with something that wood knocks and roars.

2) Yet Unknowns (aka squatch and company) have heard peacocks, hung around farms, liked what they heard.. and learned to mimic them for what ever reasons i don't yet understand.

3) Yet Unknowns (aka squatch and company) have a vocal they produce... that sounds like a peacock, with no mimic intended

Yes, people do just "let them go" and they also can become feral.  There is a place several miles down the road, it's an old egg farm that's been turned into storage.  He's giving away all the peacocks you want - but you got to go catch them.  To some people they are a pest, and they do multiply rather quickly.  Why is an unknown (to you) feral population of a known animal less probable than an unknown (to everyone) population of a large bipedal ape that sounds like a peacock?

My mind is just fine , thank you.

It's little digs like these that derail threads, so not buying into it.

To be fair - the digs have been flying back and forth a little bit.  Fantastic claims should be accompanied by fantastic evidence, but it never is.  Don't take offense when someone comes up with a perfectly plausible explanation just because it doesn't match your perception.