Do Bf's Mimic Sounds Other Animals Make?

Guest jsbelljr83

^^^Only way to look at it.

I've never read a report where a sasquatch is seen making one of these unusual noises. 

When you get the chance, look up the hog hunter report from Panola county Texas on the NAWAC site. The reports section seems to be under revision right now or I'd link you to it. That would be one where a witness witnessed whoops. I would have thought you had read them all, especially from NAWAC.

One report comes to mind DWA , it was one from the Monsterquest episode on New York State.

Two boys heard a hooting sound like an owl in front of then and they looked up to see a bigfoot cross the railroad tracks in front of them , Steve Culls was the investigator on the report and investigated the site of the event , he found 16 inch track at the location of this event. 

Then again I am not sure this would count, they did not get visual confirmation that the bigfoot was the source of the hoots.

Edited by NathanFooter

Well, that would be it.  Although I'm not hearing an owl every time I turn my head exactly, I'd have to count it a heckuva-but-for-sure-conceivable coincidence to hear one and see a bigfoot when one looked that way.  If I didn't, that is, actually see the animal making the sound.

When you get the chance, look up the hog hunter report from Panola county Texas on the NAWAC site. The reports section seems to be under revision right now or I'd link you to it. That would be one where a witness witnessed whoops. I would have thought you had read them all, especially from NAWAC.

Oh, whoops, fine.  (I have certainly read that one.  If anyone could consider a single report compelling, that one might be it.)

But he didn't talk about imitating a bird.  Sound like the kind of whoops a primate might make from his description.

Well, that would be it.  Although I'm not hearing an owl every time I turn my head exactly, I'd have to count it a heckuva-but-for-sure-conceivable coincidence to hear one and see a bigfoot when one looked that way.  If I didn't, that is, actually see the animal making the sound.

Oh, whoops, fine.  (I have certainly read that one.  If anyone could consider a single report compelling, that one might be it.)

But he didn't talk about imitating a bird.  Sound like the kind of whoops a primate might make from his description.

I've talked to that witness, and shared this recording with him. He said it was similar. 

The first one is odd, and the second two are more human-like.

Enhanced Whoops.wav

There are sounds that can be objectively evaluated and determined to only be from a human.  And, you don't have to see a human make the sound to know. Ever listen to the radio?

Human voice = human. Why would I think otherwise? We're talking about mimicking, not what voice is associated with what creature. Now if you claimed that Bigfoot was making the human voices then we would have a problem.

You might be aware that many people regard these recordings as a hoax, and obviously of human origin. How do they know that if they did not see what made the sound?

http://mivocals.moonfruit.com/#/july-2-2007/4534431313

Is it wishful thinking?

All 'Bigfoot' audio clips where the source was not witnessed are assumed. If they actually witnessed the sounds being made then that's altogether different.

In anything unknown you must consider all the options,  and the fact that these sounds have only taken place { in my experience } during and or after an event that indicates that the target species may be a sasquatch, I then begin taking down the data points what ever they maybe. 

Do not confuse this, I align all of the points and make a judgment as to what they are likely leading to, it is all one can do when dealing in something not yet proven.  Now it also does not mean I tossed a 100 % approval stance on it either, conclusions may change when better data is acquired.

It would be the same for any other animal being researched that is not fully understood.

Considerations can lead to uncovering what is not yet understood.

That is the point of research is to find out what they do and don't do and why.   If one presents a question about what is going on half way through in an investigation you can only give the amount of information you have received and what the picture looks like at this point in time.

The only thing that can lead to "uncovering what is not yet understood" is if you actually witness the event and see Bigfoot making the sounds. There is no other option.

You can have your suspicions and consider them all day long, but in the end it will only equal an assumption. The picture you put together will only be based on assumptions, and assumptions do not equal truth. When it comes to 'mimicking' there is always the possibility that there are other animals in the area and you cannot rule that out.

Edited by roguefooter

If you go out in the woods at night and hear Midnight Rider, then you'll know.

"I've got to run to keep from hiding.."

Human voice = human. Why would I think otherwise? We're talking about mimicking, not what voice is associated with what creature. Now if you claimed that Bigfoot was making the human voices then we would have a problem.

All 'Bigfoot' audio clips where the source was not witnessed are assumed. If they actually witnessed the sounds being made then that's altogether different.

The only thing that can lead to "uncovering what is not yet understood" is if you actually witness the event and see Bigfoot making the sounds. There is no other option.

You can have your suspicions and consider them all day long, but in the end it will only equal an assumption. The picture you put together will only be based on assumptions, and assumptions do not equal truth. When it comes to 'mimicking' there is always the possibility that there are other animals in the area and you cannot rule that out.

There are many aspects to sound collection. They are collected to uncover which sounds people are reporting and which makes them think they are hearing a large primate. We objectively listen to these recordings to see if they are known animals, cull out the ones that have few to no matches to known animals. and which sound to our ear, and other witnesses, like a large ape or hominin. Certain recordings do stand up over time as unique. These also inform the searchers what they should investigate further when they hear them. = leads to discovery of primate or known animal that has been fooling people for so long.

Human voice = human.

Can you put your finger on what makes a sound "human voice" and what makes it not?

Maybe this link would help. One answer is in the first six pages and in reference to the relationships between the first three harmonics (formants) when viewed on a spectrogram.

http://www.cog.brown.edu/courses/cg195/pdf_files/fall06/CG195Lieberman.pdf

BTW, I forgot a couple more, they mimic horses and cows.  In particular, cow sounds were present when we got roared at but there weren't any there.  Weird!!

Guest LarryP

Guy from Indiana has got some very impressive Sasquatch recordings.

He shared one with me via PM where one of them very loudly and clearly yells "GET UP" at their campsite in the middle of the night.

It's definitely not a human voice. It's a Sasquatch mimicing a human voice speaking english.  

Iinteresting LarryP, The act of mimicing a human sound like words infers a similar vocal tract arrangement and unlike what is found in the known non-human great apes.

Sunflower, I think I have an example of the bellowing roar that is much like a cow. Will post when I get the chance.

Guest LarryP

I should qualify that Guy does not agree with my conclusion that it's saying,  "GET UP". 

But the recording is very good quality and I listened to it multiple times through a pair of Sennheiser HD800 headphones and it is crystal clear.

It's also quite funny in light of the fact that they were all sound asleep in their tents when it yelled at them to GET UP.