Do Bf's Mimic Sounds Other Animals Make?

Guest jsbelljr83

My theory is that BF, or a least one family migrates from the northern part of the Seirra Nevada and the Central Valley in Ca. to the coast where the BF pick up all sorts of sounds to mimic. Our first nation peoples mimiced animal sounds Where I heard the peacock like was about 1 mile inland from the Pacific Ocean and 10 miles south of the Klamath River where there is a vast amount of shellfish like creatues to graze on on the beaches. The supposed Bf I had heard sounded at least 3-4 times louder than a peacock but was also in a dense growth of Redwoods. The toungue popping sound sounded biological but in all honestly could have been some type of mudpuppy or a soft wood knock, however seemed to be at close range maybe only 50 ft. behind us. The first peacock scream was in estimate 100-300 ft. in front of us on the other side of Hand Creek whereas the second sound was behind and north of us on the other side of Hand Creek and uphill on Thompsons Creek, inside Prairre Creek State Park in 1961. During the 5 years when our families camped there we had heard whoops and had a few night visits close to our campsites.   

Well even describing the claim as "fantastic" is a dig. I think I'll start describing the skeptic position as "that miraculously unfilled hole".

Why is an unknown (to you) feral population of a known animal less probable than an unknown (to everyone) population of a large bipedal ape that sounds like a peacock?

It's not. I'm just trying to put out some thought possibilities... to understand what I've recorded, and had an eyewitness (to a bipedal creature) tell me. A population of feral peacocks, does not nearly account for my experiences, nor of other witnesses I've talked to. It could, however.. account for one of the sounds I recorded

Edited by imonacan

I'd say it's gonna be a weetad hard to persuade anyone of scientific bent that sasquatch are out there imitating other animals until sasquatch itself is confirmed and studied in the field.  Until then...

Personally, I'm not trying to persuade Anyone. I'm just trying to find out, for myself. Confirmed and studied, is just a pipe dream.

My theory is that BF, or a least one family migrates from the northern part of the Seirra Nevada and the Central Valley in Ca. to the coast where the BF pick up all sorts of sounds to mimic. Our first nation peoples mimiced animal sounds Where I heard the peacock like was about 1 mile inland from the Pacific Ocean and 10 miles south of the Klamath River where there is a vast amount of shellfish like creatues to graze on on the beaches. The supposed Bf I had heard sounded at least 3-4 times louder than a peacock but was also in a dense growth of Redwoods. The toungue popping sound sounded biological but in all honestly could have been some type of mudpuppy or a soft wood knock, however seemed to be at close range maybe only 50 ft. behind us. The first peacock scream was in estimate 100-300 ft. in front of us on the other side of Hand Creek whereas the second sound was behind and north of us on the other side of Hand Creek and uphill on Thompsons Creek, inside Prairre Creek State Park in 1961. During the 5 years when our families camped there we had heard whoops and had a few night visits close to our campsites.   

Have you ever heard any recordings that would be the same or close to this loud peacock scream ptangier? I use to live next door to a family who raised peacocks. Their vocals use to just repeat a two syllable call like aaaaaaAHHHH over and over. It sort of replicates human vowel sounds. I've heard and recorded distintive calls like this, but with different vowels and oder. 

Not from where NAWAC and I are sitting.  ;-)

My best wishes, if you all are making advances (with actual Answers) in the investigations. It keeps getting cloudier, for me.. lots of strange activity and possibilities, but No answers. Still having fun, being out there. More important to me, than the above.

SouthernYahoo- Yeah actually on the old BFF forum there was a member called merikat or something like that that had six recordings and I think it was # 5 that sounded familiar; haven't seen that member post lately but even though not exactly, that short audio clip came the closiest.  

About the only thing that really sounded to me like an owl was the short one at about the 9 or 10 second mark, and it sounded like a screech owl, not barred owls. 

The second vocal at 4 to 7 seconds in the clip would be my suspected primate call. One researcher from that pro kill Texas group was adamant it was a human female making the call.  Given the circumstances it was recorded, that was out of the question in my mind.   

To tell the truth, most owl calls I hear are just that. But in a part of the river bottoms I mess around in a lot, I don't know for sure until one - usually three - of the "owls" keep moving toward me and get within a hundred yards or so and still vocalizing. The real owls down there call from near the tops of the big old-growth timber. When I hear the calls all coming from near ground level, and the owl calls end in a harsh and abrupt "ahhh" sound instead of the soft gurgling noise that barred owls make at the end of their calls, the identification of the "owls" is pretty easy. (When young owls are learning to call, those suckers can make some sound that are actually funny.) 

I  usually let my Zoom recorder run a few hours when I'm just down there for part of the night. I record a lot of owl calls. If there are BF vocalizing during the same time span; and all the calls are a pretty good distance away, I can never be sure about the owl calls when I listen to the recordings.

Occasionally I'll see them turn their eyeball lights on and run up the road making car noises.

Anyone else have this happen so I can verify it was Bigfoot?

Rude.

• Upvote 1

^Are you doubting my report was a Bigfoot?

If I suspect it to be a Bigfoot and someone else can verify with a similar account, then it's probably a Bigfoot.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1