Do Bf's Mimic Sounds Other Animals Make?

Guest jsbelljr83

Evidently they're really loud, and yet sound identifiably like the species they're said to mimic. There can't be any other metric, as not one of the proffered examples were visually witnessed.

And when you hear a large primate making a call like a giant crow it probably is right? Occam;s Razor right?

A crow call would most likely be from a crow. There has to be some plausibility and rationality behind it. Why would we rationalize that it's a large primate instead?

We already know that crows make those crow sounds and can verify it. We didn't see what made the crow sound so we have no reason to conclude it was anything other than a crow. It's entirely plausible for a crow to be present and can't be ruled out. So how could anyone rationalize that it was not a crow?

Edited by roguefooter

A crow call would most likely be from a crow. There has to be some plausibility and rationality behind it. Why would we rationalize that it's a large primate instead?

We already know that crows make those crow sounds and can verify it. We didn't see what made the crow sound so we have no reason to conclude it was anything other than a crow. It's entirely plausible for a crow to be present and can't be ruled out. So how could anyone rationalize that it was not a crow?

Because it sounds like a large primate making a call like AHHHHH. The reason to attribute it to a large primate is that it sounds like one. Occams Razor. Humans are large primates and thats what it sounds like most often to me. You see, a sound can be characterized to be like some animal call, but still sound like a large primate doing it. The intent to be like an animal call could be questioned and that it was bigfoot can questioned, but the evidence (recordings) are for the most  part are self evident.

Check here for an example of an ahhhh scream.

http://mivocals.moonfruit.com/#/july-56-2008/4533072829

Edited by southernyahoo

Guest LarryP

Nope. But I LOVE me some garlic chicken or kung pow chicken. ;-) 

I'm make you a deal. Find someone who does speak either or both of those, whether they believe in bigfoot or not, and I'll share a bunch of those with them and let them see if they can pick anything of substance out of it. No harm in doing that.

Guy, what I meant was not that they're actually speaking a Chinese dialect. But that what sounds like gibberish to you and I may actually be language to them. 

Because it sounds like a large primate making a call like AHHHHH. The reason to attribute it to a large primate is that it sounds like one. Occams Razor. Humans are large primates and thats what it sounds like most often to me. You see, a sound can be characterized to be like some animal call, but still sound like a large primate doing it. The intent to be like an animal call could be questioned and that it was bigfoot can questioned, but the evidence (recordings) are for the most  part are self evident.

Check here for an example of an ahhhh scream.

http://mivocals.moonfruit.com/#/july-56-2008/4533072829

Which specific clip are you referring to?

Also "large primate' is a bit vague to attribute to. Do you mean Bigfoot?

^ You'll have to listen through some to hear what could be called an ahhh scream, as described by the researchers there. Many of the sounds are like a large primate and or human and mostly described as whoops and ahhhhhh screams. The ahhh screams could be described as a mimic of a crow. I'll be a little less vauge and say great ape and more specificly a hominin since the vocals exibit production of a quantal vowel,....... see my link up thread when I asked if you could put your finger on the humaness of a sound. 

I'm not hearing anything that sounds like a crow on there. The closest thing is a huffing/ hissing sound, almost like a mountain lion.

The difference between saying "it sounds like a BF mimicking a crow" and "it sounds like a crow" is that I know what a crow sounds like.  Most, if not all of us do.  I have witnessed it first hand.  I had a record of bird sounds when I was young.  I would play the crow sounds and a murder of crows would come fly around the house and make a huge ruckus in the trees outside.  I see crows all the time and hear their calls.

Now, as far as a BF mimicking a crow - I've never witnessed that.  Most, if not all of us, have not either.  I did not have a record of a BF mimicking a crow sound when I was young.  There is no frame of reference to make that statement any more valid.  It is more accurate to say "it sounds like what I imagine a BF would sound like, if one were to mimic a crow."

I could say "it sounds like a Leprechaun playing a flute" and it makes as much sense. 

Is there even some standard for any Bigfoot vocals? Something that all potential Bigfoots vocals are compared against to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

There is no chaff, it is all wheat.

The only point I've tried to make in this thread is a purely technical obseration. The question of the thread is if bigfoot "mimics" other things. MIMIC IMPLIES intent, where "if something sounds like something else" just means people hear something that reminds them of something else, just because it does.

I've heard BF vocals that at FIRST, made me think I was hearing a coyote start up, but mid-way thru the vocal break a whole different way to where you then realized it wasn't. IMO, one of the biggest factors that influences OUR PERCEPTION of what we're hearing out there involves the massive amount of distance and the vast amount of obstructions between the maker of the sound and the hearer of the sound.

But to quantify that the intent of the maker/source of the sound was to imitate or replicate another living creature of some sort will never rise above hope and speculation.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

Guest LarryP

But to quantify that the intent of the maker/source of the sound was to imitate or replicate another living creature of some sort will never rise above hope and speculation.

Then he accidently did a very good job yelling "GET UP" in the middle of the night while y'all were sleeping.

But that's my point Larry... it COULD all just be 'matrixing'. It's possible it just sounds like that and IS completely random. THAT wouldn't even be mimicing. That would be intentional, attempted direct communication with us. IF that were the case, I would find it ground breaking. If that's what they want, they can always try it again.

I'm not hearing anything that sounds like a crow on there. The closest thing is a huffing/ hissing sound, almost like a mountain lion.

Go to the recordings portal top left, then click on July 2 2007,play the top clip.

At best, rank speculation, all of this. Has anyone even claimed to witness bigfoot mimicking another creature or sound?

Inc, this past weekend I took a verbal report that's the first one I've ever taken of a witness stating that he and his hunting partner actually saw it vocalize. He said he would type out and e-mail me the report. What fascinated me the most was the description of the vocal, it started out as the usual moan howl that went into what he could only describe as what a panther would sound like.

Of course there's no way of knowing if it was mimicking a panther but I found it unusual in his description of the sound.