Lake County Bigfooot

Referencing the OP: Tim & Michael on their farm in Honobia unwittingly

built a Bigfoot magnet. They wanted deer, not Bigfoot. Probably what

made their deer so irresistable to BF is they  were still, dead & bleeding

(ones hung up to bleed, but before BF discovered the freezer). Tim was

attracting & harvesting deer to feed his family. Bigfoot likes this, likes to

share food. 

Tim's Bigfoot Magnet could be reproduced with more care to planning. With

enough time & money, Bf might even be trapped alive instead of shot.

(Daisy in a Box?)

Referencing the OP: Tim & Michael on their farm in Honobia unwittingly
built a Bigfoot magnet. They wanted deer, not Bigfoot. Probably what
made their deer so irresistable to BF is they  were still, dead & bleeding
(ones hung up to bleed, but before BF discovered the freezer). Tim was
attracting & harvesting deer to feed his family. Bigfoot likes this, likes to
share food. 

They don't necessarily like to share, but they do have no compunction to take advantage of an easy food source that we provide.

Tim's Bigfoot Magnet could be reproduced with more care to planning. With
enough time & money, Bf might even be trapped alive instead of shot.
(Daisy in a Box?)

You could be right.  But as the Wicked Witch of the West said, "These things must be done delicately."

MODERATOR STATEMENT

Many posts in this thread have been hidden in order to determine if they are appropriate content for a PG rated forum.  If one of yours is hidden, please do not ask about it on the open forum.  If any are decided that need removed, you will be contacted.

Thank you.

Admins

Kind walked into our previous conversation without realizing the potential to offend,

my apologies to anyone who might have deemed my comments offensive.  They were

only meant to be candid concerning some real bigfoot behavior, that being said I will

not be commenting of that topic any further in this arena of the forums.  I hope that 

we can continue this discussion regarding the nature of Bigfoot, focusing on the issue

of whether they are seeking our friendship or just our resources.

Well, I don't know about friendship (although until I see more evidence I'd kind of doubt it).  But resources:  no doubt.  And no surprise either.

Now, if you've seen what you are sure was a BF and you could see BOTH eyes and they were reflecting yellow while it was looking right at you, I'd like to know where that was.  

Central NC

• 3 weeks later...

Anthropomorphism is a dangerous thing, IMO. Whenever we assign human qualities and traits to animals, we are asking for trouble. While the debate about the creature's existence may go on, I believe it's dangerous to assume that Bigfoot is a flute-playing, gentle forest hippie that loves everyone and wants to save mankind by teaching us how to be at peace with Mother Earth. Someone's going to be seriously injured or killed bopping into the woods holding that mentality.

As for the Honobia "siege," I believe those snow peas were growing prior to the purchase of the land by the new owners... maybe even volunteering from a prior planting. The land owners contacted the BFRO for assistance ridding their property of the creatures. When they were discussing them coming, they told them that they should bring a hunter with them. So the investigators came with an older guy (in his 70s, I believe) that spent the majority of the time sleeping in his car, which in and of itself is intriguing if the guy was there during any of the reported events. The investigators wanted to "investigate," not assist with the removal of the creatures. If I'm not mistaken, the account as reported by the BFRO is somewhat sanitized insofar as the conclusion of the incident. I believe that the interactions continued after their advice to get rid of the peas was taken, although you'd not know about that reading their account.

I'm sorry, but if you have a creature raiding food stock, approaching residents in a violent manner, and displaying cunning behaviors such as attempting to lure their "prey" out of the safety of the home (porch) - regardless of any suspected reasons, that's reason enough to blast away. That's just not the behavior of a friendly, fuzzy forest person, IMO. I believe it to be a violent territorial display by an animal, a dangerous one, at that.

There are accounts of the Indians warring with the creatures for behaving similarly, but with the additional behavior of man stealing... women and children being taken for whatever reason.

The Bigfoot/Sasquatch abduct humans for a variety of reasons. The reasons are varied and may include the following: replacement of a lost infant, breeding mate, curiosity, ritual rite of passage, and unfortunately cannibalism.

http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-bigfoot-what-is-it-really-you-not.html

There are numerous accounts of the creatures abducting and eating humans. I believe that we can be prey to any animal, even if it's as the very last alternative. I think it to be no different with this one.

So, if you see a Sasquatch, please don't think he wants to share a meal with you, or smoke a peace pipe. I believe you should treat it as you would any other animal, which is that it has the potential to harm you, either unintentionally or with full cunning as a predator.

I'm sorry, but if you have a creature raiding food stock, approaching residents in a violent manner, and displaying cunning behaviors such as attempting to lure their "prey" out of the safety of the home (porch) - regardless of any suspected reasons, that's reason enough to blast away.

What makes you think that there would be any safety in a home if they wanted you? Ever since they've been here, it has always been obvious that if they wanted us they could get us. There would be no protection inside a house or anywhere else.

Something protects us, but it's not houses & guns. Fear of them or anger at them is not the answer.
  • Upvote 1

Well, I won't sit and wait for "something" to protect me, nor will I depend on a supposed benevolence ascribed to the creature by others.

What makes you think that I can't, or wouldn't, protect myself adequately? Perhaps if they have to carry away a few of their tribe members they won't attempt to enter the house further. If they're as intelligent as is claimed, they'd also learn to leave me, mine, and my house alone and hit the trail.

Don't you ever sleep?

And the something that protects you is having their respect.

Edited by Sasfooty

And you can assure me of this with proof? I respect cougars, but I'd pop one in an skinny instant if it were to even display a trace of aggression toward me or mine. If they're stealing my deer kills and attempting to enter my home, respect is a moot point.

Yes, I sleep, but I also wake up at the sound of disturbance. I suppose if they can get me when I'm asleep, they win.

Ok. Speaking of cougars, do you respect them or fear them? Respect & fear aren't the same.

No, I can't prove it. I can only tell you what I know. Another of those take it or leave it things.

Back to BF, if they are taking your deer kills & trying to enter your house, they obviously don't respect you.

I agree Sasfooty there is a kind of rule of separation. I cant really elaborate on that . There are cases where it is not followed. Certainly they vary in temperament from individual to individual, but in my experience the overall collective have a decidedly dark tone. Now granted these are the groups with in Florida that I had my encounters with. I can also confirm what Coonbo and others are saying about the libido(ic) behaviors. I have discussed this personally with people but not so much here on the open forum...but its a big deal to the SSq and I will leave it at that. I would say if you never have an encounter in your life (which most people wont) then that is a good thing. If you seek it out or they find you thats a whole separate issue that in my opinion is not a random coincidence. There is a reason for it.

Ok. Speaking of cougars, do you respect them or fear them? Respect & fear aren't the same.

No, I can't prove it. I can only tell you what I know. Another of those take it or leave it things.

Back to BF, if they are taking your deer kills & trying to enter your house, they obviously don't respect you.

I respect all life because I'm not the decider of what lives or dies. There's a difference between a healthy respect and fear. Since they didn't come over and bring a casserole to the residents in the Honobia example, I'm assuming that respect wasn't on their list of things to do.

And if they don't respect me, they're the ones that need to learn respect, not me. I seriously doubt that letting them do as they did in Honobia unchallenged would garner me any respect from the creatures, especially if they're anything like humans as many claim.

Respect is a two way street.