Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe?

Lake County Bigfooot

SSR Team

Offering advice or commentary to others based on an implied knowledge without offering facts can be both frustrating to others and potentially dangerous if someone were to believe it as fact without documentation, or, if you prefer, "proof."

This entire forum and subject is based mainly on implied knowledge without facts or proof surely ?

If it's deemed as potentially dangerous too, i guess the Mods are gonna be in for some real hard work reviewing mostly every post that is in regards to this subject.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Not saying anyone does but I don't understand why there's no offer. As for the rest of your post? Why should I care. My track record on the Forum speaks for itself in that I hold the members in high regard and it's to that end I will always endeavor. What folks think of me hardly matters. I will gladly put my reputation on the line to gain proof from those who say they have it. Wouldn't you?

You need to understand and then come to grips with the fact that there are a decent number of folks here who have no interest in proving that bigfoot exist.

SSR Team

Well, the alternative is silence incorr, nothing said at all and no forum.

This entire subject is built in "only" eye witness testimony.

Amateur researchers as of yet have basically come up with zilch, and continue to do so despite their best efforts and because of that, there is nothing to talk about that can't be anything other than "those claiming x" or "those implying y".

Edit : Fat fingers.

Edited by BobbyO

This entire forum and subject is based mainly on implied knowledge without facts or proof surely ?

If it's deemed as potentially dangerous too, i guess the Mods are gonna be in for some real hard work reviewing mostly every post that is in regards to this subject.

Yes, it is, which is why when someone tells me I should respect a group of creatures attempting to take my head off because I'm disrespectful to them somehow, I'm not going to take their word as fact.

One fact you can take to the bank is that if I were to be threatened by these creatures in any perceived way, I'd off them quicker than I'd off any human threat. That's the one fact in this entire exchange.

As for the Mods? Well, there's no obligation for them to attempt to review posts in an attempt to determine truth. If that were the case, they'd be equally as busy trying to wade through the opposing point of view, too.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To add to an incomplete statement

SSR Team

You need to understand and then come to grips with the fact that there are a decent number of folks here who have no interest in proving that bigfoot exist.

This is what people REALLY struggle to comprehend and/or understand, maybe even more so than the subject existing itself.

It drives them absolutely crackers as they are dying to see one of these things as a reward for spending so much time on this forum without actually really knowing why they do it amongst other things. ;)

I understand that frustration, i don't have it as i've seen one but i completely understand why people, at times, get a little hot under the collar when talking to habituators about habituation as i think they deem that to be the easiest way to get proof that they're not wasting their time on this subject, but the habituators for whatever reason, don't want to play ball.. 

Yes, it is, which is why when someone tells me I should respect a group of creatures attempting to take my head off because I'm disrespectful to them somehow, I'm not going to take their word as fact.

I don't think that is exactly what I said.  Here is the sentence that got this all started: "And the something that protects you is having their respect."

Thats a lot of "probablys" and "ifs" Leftfoot. 

Only one 'if' and one 'probably', actually.

ThePhaige said:

What experience do you have to share that indicates this one way or the other?

I have had no personal experience with Bigfoot, but it's the most reasonable conclusion.  The whole 'friend or foe' thing is nothing more than anthropologizing the Bigfoot phenomenon and assigning it human understanding and motives.  They are likely no better at understanding our mind set than we are at theirs.

I don't think that is exactly what I said.  Here is the sentence that got this all started: "And the something that protects you is having their respect."

Sasfooty, I didn't intend to put words in your mouth. What I'm saying is that I'd blast them in an attempt to gain their respect, as well as to protect me and mine.

For the record, I'll say once again that I believe that the creature may indeed exist. I just don't believe that they're harmless, cuddly, flute playing forest people that only want to be my friend if I'll only show them respect. I think there's a great possibility they want to harm people sometimes, as displayed in the Honobia account.

I understand you feel differently. That's why we're having this discussion.  :D

To stay on topic, my suspicion has been for years that if we were to truly know and understand what they are, the kill/no-kill debate about killing one for scientific proof could go right out the window, and instead we may decide we want to kill all of them.

So, short answer: not friend.

Edited by Bonehead74

Hello Sasfooty,

You must be joking. That's your advice for protection? Having their respect? Can you please tell me in very certain terms how I will know that so I can be guaranteed that I'm protected?

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team

There's a reason these things haven't been "discovered" despite being right under the noses of 400m people and it's not because they're not there, because they are.

I'm with bonehead.

I'm starting to finally conclude the more i read and learn about things that these animals will never be "discovered" and i don't know why that is, but i'm pretty sure i'm right.

What those reasons are are the million dollar questions and i believe that there are a number of answers, a big one being these things aren't really that nice and could cause people some serious problems, and most probably do anyway.

That's probably best off not being in the public domain however.

To stay on topic, my suspicion has been for years that if we were to truly know and understand what they are, the kill/no-kill debate about killing one for scientific proof could go right out the window, and instead we may decide we want to kill all of them.

So, short answer: not friend.

This could be true, yet I suspect that once it's discovered, we'd take the subject seriously enough scientifically to effort to understand them. Unfortunately, that's going to take a sample, whether it's peeled from the front grill of a logging truck, or if it's shot from the front porch on a farm in Honobia. We may not like what we find once they're studied, as I believe was your implication.

I believe the creature may be foe for the simple fact that they will have such a possible impact on private property rights that the public will go absolutely nuts. They may simply dispatch them on sight to keep the rightful use of their land.

Hello ThePhaige,

Sometimes taking a few days or several weeks away from the forum can be a good thing I find ...

Then maybe you should.