Bigfoot, Friend Or Foe?

Lake County Bigfooot

re·spect
noun
noun: respect
a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If they don't respect you, how are they supposed to "learn" it from you sitting on your porch with a rifle, hoping to shoot one? What is to be admired about that?

I would say if you never have an encounter in your life (which most people wont) then that is a good thing. If you seek it out or they find you thats a whole separate issue that in my opinion is not a random coincidence. There is a reason for it.

I think that's right, Phaige. Maybe that's the difference in who has their respect & who doesn't.

If this is just a flesh and blood animal living out in the wilderness then Bigfoot is neither friend nor foe and probably falls under the True Neutral alignment.

re·spect
noun
noun: respect
a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If they don't respect you, how are they supposed to "learn" it from you sitting on your porch with a rifle, hoping to shoot one? What is to be admired about that?

I think that's right, Phaige. Maybe that's the difference in who has their respect & who doesn't.

I appreciate the reference. However, it's not necessary.

Is it respectful for them to raid my barn and take my deer? How about stealing the deer I've shot as soon as I've shot them? Is that respectful? It's kind of hard to admire something that doesn't respect your property or the space you exist in. How's that for who has my respect and who doesn't?

Also, the rifles didn't seem to bother them too badly when they were stealing those deer.

Like I said - Respect is a two way street. Since the animal failed to respect the humans, I'll assume that's because that's just what they are... an animal, albeit a very human-like one.

Is it respectful for them to raid my barn and take my deer? How about stealing the deer I've shot as soon as I've shot them? Is that respectful? It's kind of hard to admire something that doesn't respect your property or the space you exist in. How's that for who has my respect and who doesn't?

Not it isn't. As I said before, "Back to BF, if they are taking your deer kills & trying to enter your house, they obviously don't respect you.".

So the question would be, "What reasons have you given them to respect you? Why don't they?"

Maybe the people didn't deserve their respect.......

Not it isn't. As I said before, "Back to BF, if they are taking your deer kills & trying to enter your house, they obviously don't respect you.".

So the question would be, "What reasons have you given them to respect you? Why don't they?"

Maybe the people didn't deserve their respect.......

I'll give you that much... maybe they didn't.

Once a situation is at the point it was at, there has to be a winner and a loser. As bad as that sounds, it's what has to happen, as I doubt they'd be willing to let bygones be bygones at that juncture.

An opposing view would be that maybe the creatures didn't deserve the respect of the humans. We may never know, as the creatures have yet to share their side of the story with anyone.

Repost of my thoughts from a similar thread.

Isn't almost every living creature on this planet capable of harming another one. From the smallest ant to the massive blue whale. Yes, even us humans are capable of harming each other and we are the most intelligent creatures on Earth. Why would bigfoot be any different? Especially considering bigfoot is an apex predator. I don't think bigfoot consider humans food or "fair game", but corned and feeling threatened a bigfoot would do the same as you and I to protect itself or it's family.  Just like humans and even animals, I think the aggressiveness of a bigfoot would be individualistic anyways.

An opposing view would be that maybe the creatures didn't deserve the respect of the humans. We may never know, as the creatures have yet to share their side of the story with anyone.

And I'll give you that much. There are some that don't deserve as much as others.

Maybe a group of un-respectable BFs ran into some un-respectable people.

And I'll give you that much. There are some that don't deserve as much as others.

Maybe a group of un-respectable BFs ran into some un-respectable people.

Maybe there was a group of disrespectful creatures trying to intimidate respectful humans for their own purposes. That would truly be demonstrative of animal behavior.

What "proof" do we have that the humans were respectable?

None whatsoever... the same proof we have that the humans weren't respectful.