Time To Stop Falling For The Distractions. Let The Greatest Minds Discover Bf On This Forum!

Guest JiggyPotamus

I will lay out what I think, although I don't know if I would use the word "belief" regarding many of the unknowns, simply because to me there has to be some form of evidence to go on. Speculation is amusing and sometimes enjoyable, but at the end of the day that is all it is. Having seen one of these animals as well, I cannot accept the argument that they don't exist. Not only do they exist, there MUST be explanations for some of their characteristics, as well as explanations for why we haven't discovered them yet. But technically speaking, they have been discovered by thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people; it is just that science has not really attempted to document them.

Sure, if a body was found, and it made it to some scientists who were qualified to analyze it and present their findings, we wouldn't be having this discussion. But if one looks at the energy that has been put into getting to the truth regarding known and somewhat more boring animals, and then compare that with what has been done towards sasquatch, and it becomes relatively obvious that virtually zero scientific energy has been expended, at least by professionals.

Anyway, I will lay out some of my thoughts. First and foremost I believe sasquatch to be a normal mammal. I do not think it is connected with any inter-dimensional or inter-planetary beings of any sort. I believe it has gone undocumented to date due to both its instinctual behavior, and probably more importantly its learned behavior through intelligence. This has provided the animals sufficient skills to evade us when necessary, although I believe that the majority of the animals actually rarely come into contact with a human, due to the idea that they live in quite remote places. The ones that are most often seen, those near more populated areas, might be living there due to an increasing sasquatch population that is pressing on them from the inside...while the human population presses from the outside.

But if things were that bad in terms of their numbers, some would claim that they would have been discovered by now. But this still fails to take into account their ability to avoid us. But if their ability to avoid us was so great, why are they seen at all? Maybe because there population is getting so large. Or a whole host of other reasons, which have been laid out on the forums in the past, as well as in other texts.

I do not believe that sasquatch are human. I think that we shared specific ancestors, but that there was a divergence between the species at some points in the recent past. I would estimate that sasquatch have been around for a relatively short period of evolutionary time, perhaps 100,000 years. But I also think that anything less than that might suggest other origins. To be honest I am not very confident when it comes to these ideas, because there are too many unknowns.

I mentioned that I don't buy the alien connection theory, if it actually is a full-blown theory (probably not), and I wanted to state that I do not believe them to be paranormal in nature. They are flesh and blood extr...animals. Haha, I was thinking about crazy hair guy from ancient aliens. Anyone else ever notice that he has a difficult time saying "extraterrestrials?" I just think that their avoidance of humans can be explained without having to introduce a paranormal aspect.

And many might know from what I've written on these forums in the past that I believe the sighting record to be the most important overall piece of evidence. And I wanted to address anyone who would ask me how I could say that, yet dismiss all the reports of sasquatch as an alien, or as something paranormal. And my answer to that is...the number of "mundane" or ordinary sasquatch encounters tell of a person encountering the animal, and everybody going in their opposite directions. The larger percentage of reports are normal. The percentage of reports involving aliens or whatever is small. Therefore it seems plausible to me that the reports making up the larger percentage are more likely to be authentic, while the smaller percentage do not hold as much weight due to the fact that there are not as many.

This is NOT enough to actually say that other explanations are impossible. It just isn't. That is like trying to say sasquatch is not real because it hasn't been discovered yet. It sounds okay at first, but it is not really "proof" or even that compelling of an argument. So because there are such weird reports, the possibility remains that some of them could be accurate. But I just don't believe it at this point.

I think I could plus that as well if I had a plus to give..  I'm trying real hard to explain "everything" via "sub-paranormal" :) :) explanations.   It doesn't all fit at the moment, but a lot sure does.    The important thing, though, is that we can't really test the paranormal scientifically ... or it wouldn't be paranormal anymore ... so I think while we need to keep our eyes / minds open to new answers, we have to focus our efforts on the things we can validate.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Your gonna need a bigger couch and some more tin foil.....some will bring their own head gear ;)

E6F00346-1D87-42D1-B0AA-15A0008A78E7.jpg

M.Night Shyamalan brought up twice in the same thread. I'm sensing he may play a larger role in the Bigfoot conspiracy.

I had high hopes for the Ketchum report but had to eat a bit of crow when that panned. I spent most of the past year avoiding this site because of that. Lesson learned though (not that anyone I know would agree with that :no: ).

I have pretty much gone back to my original stance: sociological construct. Just like UFOs, Ghosts, ESP, True Love and a whole lot of etcs. Lots of witnesses and not a whole lot that could be described as testable evidence.

However, if there is a bigfoot, I think it is restricted to a few habitats in the Northwest of US and Canada. I think it is an australopithecine or some descendant thereof. Just based on the appearances most usually described. Lack of manufactured tools would preclude the Homo lineage in my view. A species just doesn't give up a good and reliable trick. There is no evolutionary advantage, with respect to reproductive competitors, to give up tools. Their ancestors may well have come over the Bering Land Bridge before or during the last Ice Age. I think this is the description that best fits the evolutionary data we have for hominids.

Well not so fast man!  I didn't have a hope for anything out of Ketchum from the first I heard.  I still can't just toss this enormous pile of evidence.

My prescription for anyone interested:  read the reports and think about them, a lot, particularly in the context of your extensive (right?) outdoor experience.  Read Meldrum.  Read Krantz.  Read Alley.  Read everything you can other than the reports (read those, all of them, right?) on the BFRO, NAWAC and any other you can databases.

That stuff is not coming out of thin air.  In the biological sciences there is nothing else like it:  everything we know about got proven long, long before a pile of evidence this big happened.  The reasons this is going on stack up quite understandably to:  human nature.

Don't give up, man.  The pile gets deeper and more consistent by the week.  And the pile don't smell like it's coming from a bull, either.  It smells like the real thing.

Whatever that might be.

Iam a country boy........

So let me get this straight, old rural folk are gonna go live with Bigfoot in the woods when it hits the fan?

Gonna eat pine nuts, rotting deer carcasses and sleep under a log? How long are these old people suppose to last?

Nothing "straight" about it; I was simply recounted the opinions of many old folks from the S/SE. Make as much or as little from that as you care to. (During the depression there were families from the South that lived in tents and shot game or gathered wild fruit to make it through hard times. I'm pretty sure you were not around to recall those times.) I guess I should have said "most" country boys----. 

However, if there is a bigfoot, I think it is restricted to a few habitats in the Northwest of US and Canada. I think it is an australopithecine or some descendant thereof. Just based on the appearances most usually described. Lack of manufactured tools would preclude the Homo lineage in my view. A species just doesn't give up a good and reliable trick. There is no evolutionary advantage, with respect to reproductive competitors, to give up tools. Their ancestors may well have come over the Bering Land Bridge before or during the last Ice Age. I think this is the description that best fits the evolutionary data we have for hominids.

We got 'em here in Minnesota and Wisconsin. And I saw two of them in Colorado about 23 years ago. I think they are pretty widespread.

Jiggy: "Sure, if a body was found, and it made it to some scientists who were qualified to analyze it and present their findings, we wouldn't be having this discussion."

What if science has already determined that BF is of the human family and simply does not wish to present their findings for a multitude of reasons. 

If per chance, someone does kill one NOW, and lucky enough to get the body to a DNA lab, and that lab determines it's DNA shows it closely matches a typical human's, the lab could not and would not be able to get their report published in any scientific journal in this country. Why? It would be invalid and a violation of a directive of the current POTUS. (I've posted links to that directive. The resulting protocol has been published by the DOI's F&W Svcs and in place in EVERY lab that has even a sewing-thread link to government funding, i.e., contractors, sub-contractors, etc.)

Somewhat along this line, If the good doctor from Oxford did not have any samples submitted to him from the U.S.,  I am very curious to know why he visited the DOI's Animal Forensic Lab in Ashland, Jackson County. OR once and possibly twice. He certainly was their for further training; and I doubt that the pros there needed his help. What do you suppose they talked about?  

Nothing "straight" about it; I was simply recounted the opinions of many old folks from the S/SE. Make as much or as little from that as you care to. (During the depression there were families from the South that lived in tents and shot game or gathered wild fruit to make it through hard times. I'm pretty sure you were not around to recall those times.) I guess I should have said "most" country boys----. 

No, I was not alive during the great depression. But I was raised in NE Washington, and shot a lot of game, picked wild asparagus, fished, etc.

I also remember my mother butchering deer that my father and I shot on the dining room tabled lined with newspaper. She canned most of it and some of it she would grind up into sausage. She also raised a garden, shot skunks, bottled fed calves, she was a very "pioneering woman".

Either way at her tender age of 71 if she tried to live in the woods like a Sasquatch? She would die.......... and so would most physically fit middle aged adults. Living in a tent, shooting game, chopping firewood and gathering wild fruit is NOT the same thing as living like an animal in the forest.

Native Americans viewed Sasquatch as a wild man, Native Americans were living a stone age existence when they made the observation.

I am simply trying to flesh out your assertions.......

Please Branco, if joe schmo killed one, in this day and age, there would be nothing "science" or "MIB's" could do to cover it up.  Kill it, call all news outlets, take pics and upload all over...there's no covering that up.