Time To Stop Falling For The Distractions. Let The Greatest Minds Discover Bf On This Forum!

My take-away? The Smithsonian would be interested in having, in theory, a nice skeleton. Recently deceased, bleeding and violently dispatched corpus of said relic hominid? Not so much at all.  Lots more paperwork comes with the second, you understand.

Well, the only way to put either position to the test is to put one on offer, and see. I think the result of that, if it happens, is beyond the prediction of anyone here, or anywhere else for that matter. 

My take-away? The Smithsonian would be interested in having, in theory, a nice skeleton. Recently deceased, bleeding and violently dispatched corpus of said relic hominid? Not so much at all.  Lots more paperwork comes with the second, you understand.

Well, the only way to put either position to the test is to put one on offer, and see. I think the result of that, if it happens, is beyond the prediction of anyone here, or anywhere else for that matter. 

In the letter? They made no distinction. So I suppose as long as you can dodge Skamania county deputies or MIB's? It would be gold.

Well, Rick Dyer has never been arrested............not even for fraud. I doubt very seriously that it would go down any differently than the discovery of the new monkey species Lesula.

In the letter, yes. Let's look at that quote again.."... would be either to capture one and study it or to find undisputed skeletal evidence. Only these kinds of finds...

So, taking them at their word, "only" a live specimen or skeletal evidence would suit them.  Dead body in the flesh? Ummmm..... 

I wouldn't make that presumption, no. Obviously a body would presumably contain a skeleton, but it very specifically lists only the skeleton. Why?  

You can believe me when I tell you that some low-level curator didn't draft this letter. Legal did it, or at least signed off on it.  It is very specific, and I think you should consider what it doesn't say, and the probable reasons for that.

^^They don't want a body. 

In point of fact, the Smithsonian is not even saying they would want a live specimen or a skeleton, we're just presuming that from the context.  

Edited by WSA

I wouldn't make that presumption, no. Obviously a body would presumably contain a skeleton, but it very specifically lists only the skeleton. Why?  

You can believe me when I tell you that some low-level curator didn't draft this letter. Legal did it, or at least signed off on it.  It is very specific, and I think you should consider what it doesn't say, and the probable reasons for that.

Because it's implied? I take away from it, dead or alive.........even really really dead, with just pieces of skeleton as evidence, that is undisputed by science to be of an unknown Pongid or Homonid.

I think your completely reading that into the letter, as some sort of conspiracy, where none exists.......

Lucy or Austropethicus Afarensis:

Lucy_blackbg.jpg

Lucy's bones gave rise to a species from the fossil record............a dead Squatch from three days ago? Slam dunk case!

I don't know that Museum staffs do lab research. 

Highest rated schools of anthropology, USA: 

Pennsylvania State University, Duke University, Stanford University

^^They don't want a body. 

In point of fact, the Smithsonian is not even saying they would want a live specimen or a skeleton, we're just presuming that from the context.  

What they are saying is that it would be a slam dunk case for science...

Guest Cervelo

WSA,

So your postion is because they don't say they want a body.....you think that means they don't want a body....therefore they know Bigfoots real and they don't want them hunted?

Edited by Cervelo

I have no idea why they don't Cervelo. I don't expect we'll be getting informed on that anytime soon either. All I'm saying is this letter, which purports to be the Institution's official position on the matter, excludes a body by omitting its mention in the pantheon of evidence it would consider definitive. And as I said, I don't expect this is on accident.

Edited by WSA

It doesn't omit it IMO.

The Smithsonian is saying science would act on anything from a live specimen to a tooth. Which is how we discovered Gigantopethicus Blacki btw......

No, they did not list everything in between point A and B.