Time To Stop Falling For The Distractions. Let The Greatest Minds Discover Bf On This Forum!

I have no idea why they don't Cervelo. I don't expect we'll be getting informed on that anytime soon either. All I'm saying is this letter, which purports to be the Institution's official position on the matter, excludes a body by omitting its mention in the pantheon of evidence it would consider definitive. And as I said, I don't expect this is on accident.

I linked this in the large bones thread earlier this week:

http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/14400/what-happens-in-vegas/

"We do not discuss UFOs and intergalactic space travel at the Smithsonian’â€.

But ..... OOPS!

It turns out that the "Smithsonian sponsored a UFO Symposium at its Museum of Natural History on Sept. 6, 1980".

So I don't think they'd have a lot of enthusiasm about Norse wanting to bring them a dead BF.

Hello Norseman,

Under no circumstances would I take it to Stanford University. Most research universities are well-linked to government and with Stanford it's doubly so.

@norseman   

I've learned something. 

Here I always thought the Smithsonian was a single, dusty old museum in Washington D.C.

Apparently now, they're a huge octopus of facts & research, both old and new. Selective, maybe. 

I wrote to them as a kid, sent SASE, and asked about the Nordic American colony c1,000 AD. 

Got a response, negative. There was no evidence of such a place. 

ETA: I wonder if they ever updated their position on that colony. 

Edited by Oonjerah

Guest Cervelo

I have no idea why they don't Cervelo. I don't expect we'll be getting informed on that anytime soon either. All I'm saying is this letter, which purports to be the Institution's official position on the matter, excludes a body by omitting its mention in the pantheon of evidence it would consider definitive. And as I said, I don't expect this is on accident.

So since you don't say you want a million dollars tax free.....that means you don't want a million dollars tax free?

Hello Norseman,

Under no circumstances would I take it to Stanford University. Most research universities are well-linked to government and with Stanford it's doubly so.

Not only Stanford, hyflier. No University that in any shape form or fashion receives a copper penny from the U.S. government would touch a BF body with a ten foot crappie pole, especially a body that had been deliberately shot and killed. No national law was psssed to prevent it; it was done by a stroke of the POTUS's pen. (He was making sure that the "discovery of BF" didn't happen on his watch.)

I would feel sorry for the person who actually kills a BF for the "benefit of science". Not only will "science" decline the shooter's "gift to science", the shooter and his cohorts will be demonized by the worldwide public. 

Guest Urkelbot

Urkelbot,

What is your position regarding the existence of bigfoot?

What is your position regarding the body of sighting reports?

If Bigfoot exists a portion of the reports are authentic. If Bigfoot doesn't exists then clearly there all not authentic. I lie somewhere in between I'm sure you can guess which side I'm closer to though.

Not only Stanford, hyflier. No University that in any shape form or fashion receives a copper penny from the U.S. government would touch a BF body with a ten foot crappie pole, especially a body that had been deliberately shot and killed. No national law was psssed to prevent it; it was done by a stroke of the POTUS's pen. (He was making sure that the "discovery of BF" didn't happen on his watch.)

I would feel sorry for the person who actually kills a BF for the "benefit of science". Not only will "science" decline the shooter's "gift to science", the shooter and his cohorts will be demonized by the worldwide public. 

Which president? Citation?

One way to view it Norseman, yes. I hope you get a chance to put it to the test.

Appreciated...... But I just hope it happens within my lifetime, I feel it is what is best for the species.

It ain't about me.

Citation please?

BFF Patron

Well if a University gets it I hope it is somebody like Stanford, cause they are gonna have to rewrite the physiology, anatomy and physics textbooks, lol. 

• Upvote 1

Hello bipedalist,

Like Norseman said so well and a sentiment I also hold: "I hope it's in my life time."

Edited by hiflier

LOL............apples and apples and all that huh? This makes YOUR assertion (that upon the collapse of civilization that Sasquatches are going to start a back to nature nursing home) on a equal playing field as mine?

As I said, you can take statements made by others which I have posted, and twist or turn it any way you wish to make some asinine, obscure and obtuse childish remark about it. For whatever that's worth. 

http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/2010/01/smithsonians-formal-reply-letter-to.html

While most scientists believe the likelihood of the existence of such a creature is small, they keep an open mind as scientists should. One cannot prove anything on the basis of negative evidence, and the only satisfactory proof that an animal fitting the description of the "snowman" exists would be either to capture one and study it or to find undisputed skeletal evidence. Only these kinds of finds would result in the universal recognition of the "snowman" by all scientists.

This is what you would call backing up your assertions with FACTS..........you should try it sometime!!! 

What does a form letter that is written for school kids asking question have anything to do with someone shooting and killing one? Absolutely nothing! Sent the Smithsonian an e-mail. Tell them you and others specifically  plan to kill one, ask that if you're successful, who on their staff should receive the body. Be assured you will something more than a form letter in reply.  I suspect the reply to you will be hand delivered. 

Unlike DNA, which in most cases the test destroys the evidence...........a body or a portion there of can be tested again and again and again for DNA. On top of that they can study morphology depending on the percentage of the organism present.

Yep, a bigfoot body or a a portion thereof could be tested several years; maybe until you got out. 

You better start performing the Heimlich on ole granny.............she is choking.

Nah, she hasn't eaten any beef you've provided.  She did think it smelled like it came from the wrong end of a bull though.

Added: I may go to jail for manslaughter..........but it's still a win for the Sasquatch species, if the body is the primary evidence in a criminal case. 

I wholeheartedly agree that it would be "win for the Sasquatch species" if you killed one and were sent  "to jail".

Appreciated...... But I just hope it happens within my lifetime, I feel it is what is best for the species.

It ain't about me.

Citation please?

Those citations were posted months ago.