Bf Or Troll ?

Guest thebigfeller

Guest Crowlogic

Let's add a touch of perspective to the "authority" about Bigfoot.  Let me say first that I give credence to the existence of Bigfoot only by the thinnest of margins.  That said Bigfoot either exists or it does not.  If it exists it is the rarest animal phenomenon on earth.  It's rarity is the one and only thing that allowed it a place in my belief system.  

So let us first assume Bigfoot does not exist.  This makes each and every so called expert and all sightings beyond mis identifications a fabrication.  So you either are setting yourself as an expert in something that does not exist therefore your "expertness" is hollow.  A fabrication.   If your create an "expertness" based on mis identification of a known then your "expertness" is still hollow as it is mis directed.  

If Bigfoot does exist all carefully vetted indications indicate that it is extraordinarily rare and beyond "expertness" by virtue of it's rarity.  If we follow the modern birth and plotting of the Bigfoot Phenomenon it follows a rather predictable path and evolution.  If these things were always here everywhere they now are claimed to be then it wouldn't have needed a catalyst like the PGF or Sir Edmund Hillary's trip to Everest to launch it.  Dumpsters and cabins across the Americas would have been raided for two centuries at least and we'ed know the beast well.  Thus far each and every "expert" has done nothing to pin the issue down for bonafide scrutiny.   This IMO raises a few problematic red flags.

A photograph is not "tangible evidence".

I don't recall whether the BFRO got any footprint casts when they were involved with the Honobia situation.

Where did you get your degree from? Go get your money back. A photograph is tangible evidence in every court in the US. If I take a photograph of a murder, print it out and pass it around to the jurors, that's called tangible evidence buddy.

Ok, if you must, ignore the empirical evidence in favor of your pet theory.

Your logic remains fatally flawed.

Look in the mirror. Are we not great apes? Do we not deliberately hunt and kill food? (Or pay someone else to do it and deliver it to the grocery store for us?) If great apes do not do this as an absolute, then what are we? What was that cheeseburger I just ate? Inquiring minds need to know.

When you look at an unknown "ape", with characteristics and behaviors much more akin to us human apes than to other apes like gorillas and chimps, you should expect the rest of the behaviors to be more like ours than like theirs ... diet included.

MIB

No we are not great apes, but you're probably one of those that believe we evolved from cavemen Edited by CaveMan

No we are not great apes, but you're probably one of those that believe we evolved from cavemen

The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɨd/; also known as great apes[notes 1]) form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

• Upvote 1

Well, I think the point of photos is that nowadays they are too easily manipulated.

Here's a pick of a walnut beetle.  They're pretty tasty.

Photoshop-Edited-05.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Scout1959

Where did you get your degree from? Go get your money back. A photograph is tangible evidence in every court in the US. If I take a photograph of a murder, print it out and pass it around to the jurors, that's called tangible evidence buddy.

No we are not great apes, but you're probably one of those that believe we evolved from cavemen

No we evolved from a single cell organism.  If you go far enough back all life on earth is interconnected.

If you're pushing creationism I suggest you get your money back for whatever degree you might have.

Guest Crowlogic

I heard an interesting take on the current trend of the American dumb down.  We have retreated in the ideals of knowledge to the point where it has become OK to say something to the effect of    "The ignorance put forth in my belief system is every bit as valid as the proof derived belief systems arrived at by trial testing and thought and deserve to be held with the same authority."   We're getting dangerously close to a new Dark Age.

Edited by Crowlogic

Guest Llawgoch

Sound familiar?

Yes, it's the general way species are discovered.

Quite unlike Bigfoot in pretty much every way it could be.

^Interesting story.  Welcome to the forum!

Could it be that you saw a type II or III BF like creature?

Also, how many actual sightings have you had?

For the rest of us, below is a pic of a troll from the movie willow.

Willow_036_9900.jpg

Oh, big feller - some folks here have regular contact w/em in their yards.

Just a heads up.

What is a type II or III BF-like creature?

The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɨd/; also known as great apes[notes 1]) form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

First off Wikipedia isn't a credible source. Second that's one theory, but a theory is just a theory. It's not a fact.

Why does anybody here care if he wants to think they "nest" all night & wander around eating nothing but bananas & letting people see them in the daylight?

REALLY!!!! :o

Bananas aren't native to North America.

Edited by AaronD
edit vulgarity and demeaning words

How can you sit there with your smug face and tell me about an undiscovered species.

How can you tell us that they don't eat deer?

Edited by Sasfooty

Hello Incorrigible1,

Gravity is REAL, it's origin is the theory part. With Sasquatch both proof of it's reality AND it's origin(s) are the question marks.