Secrecy And The Myth Of Protection.

Guest Crowlogic

The dog does not appear to be IN the tree. It's just there beside the tree up close to the trunk. You keep talking about it being IN the tree & now I'm starting to say it too. See how stuff gets twisted around?

I'd be glad to tell you how the dog was where ever it was if I KNEW how the dog was where ever it was. Maybe you can figure it out for yourself if we ever get around to seeing the rest of the picture.

If the dog is 8 to 10 foot up the tree it is not just hovering in the air beside it. It is either sitting or standing on a branch. So far you have said it was doing both and also that you did not know what it was doing.

It wasn't sitting on a limb or lying on a branch.

No...it doesn't appear to be clinging. Just sitting there.

I don't know how it got there, or why or what kept it there.

That's three so far. Take your pick and stick with one please.

Also, you said you gave it no thought when you saw the dog in the tree...

No, I wouldn't say it caused concern for me. I've pretty much gotten used to seeing weird stuff. Curiosity? Yep. Wasn't anything to investigate, because it didn't stay long enough.

It isn't the first dog I've seen in a tree. You'd think all you dog people would have seen them go up trees before, especially hunting dogs. I used to have one that would climb a ladder & get on top of the house with me. We liked to sit up there & watch the world go by. Very relaxing.....

It was nothing unusual for you, didn't investigate because it didn't stay long enough. But it stayed long enough for you to get your camera and you cared enough to take a photo. Can we see that photo again without the red circle? Any photo worth a darn does not need a red circle.

Dogs CAN climb trees. I have seen dogs and even goats in trees. Not crazy hallucinating dogs and goats. REAL ONES!!! seriously!!! dogs can climb trees. No need for a bigfoot.

Asking Sasfooty for proof is the ultimate exercise in futility.

I just find it hilarious that it wasn't evil scoftics that started the fire.

• Upvote 1

If the dog is 8 to 10 foot up the tree it is not just hovering in the air beside it. It is either sitting or standing on a branch. So far you have said it was doing both and also that you did not know what it was doing.

That's three so far. Take your pick and stick with one please. Also, you said you gave it no thought when you saw the dog in the tree...

It was nothing unusual for you, didn't investigate because it didn't stay long enough. But it stayed long enough for you to get your camera and you cared enough to take a photo. Can we see that photo again without the red circle? Any photo worth a darn does not need a red circle.

Why do I have to pick just one? It wasn't sitting on a limb or lying on a branch, because there are none there at the place where it is located & It doesn't appear to be clinging & I don't know why it was there or how it got there, or what kept it there. None of those answers contradict the other answers, so you take your pick. That's the best I can do. I didn't create the situation or understand it. I just took a picture of it.

No. It didn't stay long enough for me to investigate, & the only reason I got the picture was because I already had the camera with me. I go out on that deck very often & take random pictures. That's why it isn't unusual to get weird pictures. Strange things happen out there & I get pictures of them. That picture is just one of many.

I didn't think it needed a red circle either, but some clown always asks for one, so just overlook it, & I never said the photo was worth a darn.

Why pick one? I don't know, I didn't make up all those explanations, those are your words. I'm just wondering which one it is. Seems we're now going with "I don't know". 

And you said you would post a bigger picture in the bigfoot and his dog thread, so post it with no red circle. And you seem to think it's darned good enough to say with certainty that it is a dog.

Edited by Rockape

I want to trap the woodchuck that's eating my kale and turnips but I'm afraid I'll catch one of the skunks. Not ready to deal with getting sprayed. I prefer to eat tomatoes and not getting washed in them.

If you are using a live trap and get a skunk in 'er.  Take a tarp hold it up as you approach the trap.  Slowly and carefully lay the tarp over the trap.  You can then pick up the trap and take it where you want to.  (I usually will take it to the creek).

Good luck.

These cantaloups were almost the size of soccer balls & were almost completely ripe. I saw them & Hubby saw them. No skunk, raccoon, or even a coyote could carry one off .....

I don't really have a dog in the fight here, but have seen animals do amazing things.

I think, had a camera been set up, you may have been surprised.

FWIW, am aware of three (3) families that were in varying states of acclimation with UHS/Sasquatch and subsequently had their personal residence locations (in two cases, Google Earth photos were included) outed by operatives on websites. What followed were repeated incidents of trespassing, gunfire at all hours of the night and theft/destruction of personal and real property. These people had initially disclosed such activity on their property to others, with the condition of anonymity, only to have such breached.

Why...would anyone want to strap on the Habituator badge and then go public with it, especially on BF related websites?

On the opposite end of the spectrum are groups making claims of evidence, activity and even shooting at the subject matter, yet have not produced anything tangible to validate such claims and "reports". 

Meanwhile, many of these groups/organizations are actively soliciting money on their websites often, via the "donation" button on their homepage.

Therefore, if a person sends money to such a group/organization (ostensibly, to "help" the cause) and subsequently asks for validation of the claims for which the monetary support was predicated, and not receive any validation thereof, has a case of False Pretenses and/or Fraudulent Misrepresentation occurred?

Gotta say, I'm wondering why anyone would want to roll out the red carpet to the world to Come See My Bigfoot.  All the catcalls and clamoring for proof would just make me laugh harder and harder.

Which is why I don't waste any time on it.

If you are using a live trap and get a skunk in 'er.  Take a tarp hold it up as you approach the trap.  Slowly and carefully lay the tarp over the trap.  You can then pick up the trap and take it where you want to.  (I usually will take it to the creek).

Good luck.

Yeah that's what the guy who sold me the trap said to do. I still don't quite have the nerve though. No problem catching the cats as I put the trap out during the day when the skunks aren't usually out. That's what I originally bought the trap for. When/if I do catch the woodchuck, I'm taking across the river. A nice spot near where I work with plenty of grass and fallen apples.

Ant - you totally need to try the tarp trick with the skunk.  But make sure to video it and post it on here so others can learn from your experience (good or bad).  :-)

Yuchi - you make a good point about habituating and talking about it on a forum like this....not sure I would.

The second scenario you mention....I'm not aware of any groups that do that....

*ducking and running*  :-)

Guest guillaume

Gotta say, I'm wondering why anyone would want to roll out the red carpet to the world to Come See My Bigfoot.  All the catcalls and clamoring for proof would just make me laugh harder and harder.

If you had a solid line on a bigfoot that actually led to verifiably finding one, you could be rich and famous.  If you're just bloviating on the net, then yeah, all that proof stuff is a real irritant.

I know that you're fond of insisting that bigfoot stories are evidence for something, but I can only agree if we stipulate that this evidence pertains merely to the simple fact that people love to tell stories.

Edited by guillaume