Campsite Destroyed

Guest HarryLime

Has Jevning actually made a statement about his leaving Sasquatch Chronicles?

This will be a huge blow to this podcast

Yes....he posted on a FB BF group page and then it was deleted. A member at Sasquatch Chronicles emailed or messaged him and he answered her that it was true he did resign and she could share it on the forum as he was locked out. Cited personal reasons and I forget exactly how it was worded....but basically wanted to stay away from the controversy. He neither confirmed nor denied Wes's story and wished them luck. So yes, Will Jevning is gone from Sasquatch Chronicles.

LCB, I thought like you that at the worst it was a case of an embellished story. I don't know what to think. The timing did not escape me though. :( Sad all around.

Yes....he posted on a FB BF group page and then it was deleted. A member at Sasquatch Chronicles emailed or messaged him and he answered her that it was true he did resign and she could share it on the forum as he was locked out. Cited personal reasons and I forget exactly how it was worded....but basically wanted to stay away from the controversy. He neither confirmed nor denied Wes's story and wished them luck. So yes, Will Jevning is gone from Sasquatch Chronicles.

LCB, I thought like you that at the worst it was a case of an embellished story. I don't know what to think. The timing did not escape me though. :( Sad all around.

When you’re upfront and out front leading the charge, you wear a bulleyes on your back and you can expect to take an arrow or two. Anyone and everyone that may have their own reasons to obstruct this information will spend 24 hours and day looking for the slightest aberration in a word, a statement, a time and set the hounds loose on their target.  Me personally I don’t see any there there … It doesn't my opinion either way.  IMHO

Anyone been to the Sasquatch Chronicles site lately?  Will Jevning resigned due to questions over the authenticity of Wes and Woody's siting.

In a nutshell --Wes allegedly gave a date of the siting as 11/16/12.  One of the major "illuminating" components of the encounter story  was a full moon.  But on

that night the moon was only six percent and at the time of the siting 2:00 am the moon was below the horizon.   Wes says that he misremembered the date but

some claim to have an 11/16/2002 email (reporting Wes and Woody's encounter story  "last night")  sent from Wes to a local BF organization.

If he did make up his crazy encounter story..... it kind of takes away his ability to empathize with "knowers"...

From: “Wes Germer†wesgermer@icloud.com[1] To: mojo@wasrt.com Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 6:30:30 PM Subject: Bigfoot sighting My brother and I were being encircled last night by them while in our car. We were on the back side of yacolt mt, kind of by sunset falls and we didn’t see 1 we saw 3.

I went from 50/50 re Wes and Woody's story to 99.9 percent pure bunk....And I have to add that IMO...someone on that site is a nitwit and shows little tact and less logic......their idiotic posts made me totally doubt any claims this person has made in re to BF....meh.... live and learn...moral of the story..... you should never "pay" for the truth and red flags should go up when asked to....

Edited by clubbedfoot

you should never "pay" for the "truth" and red flags should go up when asked to....

Edited by clubbedfoot

Guest ChasingRabbits

I just can't help to wonder how long people sat on this information. For example, the email to that BF group shows the date discrepancy, why wasn't their account debunked before SC expanded off Facebook and onto its own website with a membership fee for expanded access? Seriously, why didn't anyone email Jevning with that info when he got involved with the podcast?

Anyhow, I never purchased a membership. I listen to the podcast on the blogspot radio.

^^^

None of what I read has given me cause to work up my blood-pressure over it … I still don’t understand what the dust up is all about?  He says his encounter was November 2012 …

So?  Where’s the there … there?

Since its invention the pencil and eraser in the late 1700’s followed by liquid correction or otherwise “White-out,†in 1951, they have been marked as one of human kind greatest inventions and also serves to symbolize his and her weakness and infallibilities. What does that mean? It means that as long as man is man, woman is woman, we have and always be prone to errors or mistakes. Not one of us will ever be prefect….    

Now then to the point, did the accused come out publicly and express his contrition for poor recollection which we humans are known to demonstrate more than we will admit, or was it a misspoken moon phase or did he admit to lying to amateur wannabe gumshoes and lawyers who happened to ante up seven dollars a month?  If I am correct, the mystery and intrigue isn’t going to be found in any of the questions above it goes much deeper than that.  

Illustration Example:

Pick a day, any day in November 2012; think back, can you remember who you spoke to, maybe a neighbor or stranger? Maybe you seen a car accident on the side of the road, something anything, or describe what you ate, the time of day when you ate and who spoke to November?  Can you recall the conversation, what was said?  Do you remember what you thinking at that moment in time? Did you pump gas in your car in November 2012? If yes, what day, how much gas, what did you with, how much change did you get back, and what time of the day? What was the price per gallon that day, that month? What temperature was it outside then? Can you tell us if there was a full moon or new moon or a quarter moons?  Was it cloudy or sunny or do you recall?

Of course very few would know those answers correctly and attorneys use that ploy and strategy to confuse and confound a witness and discredit them in the eyes court or public opinion and win the case after all, the name of the game is to discredit and destroy the opponent. That is accomplished by planting a (the) seed of doubt.... Then the coup de grâce is delivered unto you with  last line of questioning is followed up with the last question: Well (Mr. Mrs. or Ms. Insert you name here) If you don't recall any of these questions is it fair to say you really didn't see what you claim saw because you yourself admitted you cannot recall specific events .... isn't that correct (Mr. Mrs. or Ms. Insert you name here)?   

Or was it something else entirely?

When you’re upfront and out front leading the charge, you wear a bull eyes on your back and you can expect to take an arrow or two. To find the answer to all of those questions raised above it would bring you back to the title thread full-circle. When I entered incidents here they were largely known from various locations and time periods then discussion turned toward a podcast program and an individual claiming he was being persecuted for something he had no business recording and the public had no right to know about.

The podcast program continued talking about it and clearly stated they would pursue the story while voicing their support for the individual at center of the controversy.  So once again, when you’re upfront and out front leading the charge, you wear the big bull eyes on your back and you can expect to take an arrow or two.    

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest ChasingRabbits

^^^

None of what I read has given me cause to work up my blood-pressure over it … I still don’t understand what the dust up is all about?  He says his encounter was November 2012 …

I'm speaking as a spectator, not as a participant of the kerfuffle over there. And everything I'm writing is my opinion based on my observations and similar past experiences with other web communities.

I think there are 2 issues at play: 1. the discontentment with the membership fee and/or the amenities of that paid membership and 2. the date discrepancy. And I think #1 is the primary reason and #2 is a distant second.

I think the membership fee was a sticking point for many people. But that isn't wholly unique to SC or any other paying thing.

The date discrepancy is another thing. I'm not an astronomer or anything like that. For me, a full moon is one that is round or looks round. I know there is a very specific classification of waning, waxing, quarter, etc. But I for me, if it looks round or roundish, it's a full moon. And we all know that a waxing/waning moon gives off light like a full moon, albeit the light isn't as bright, it still is light enough to illuminate even my suburban backyard. Looking at March 2015 moon phase :http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-march-2015.phtml

I would call the moons from March 2 through March 10 "full moons" (again, I know that is not scientifically correct, but that's what I would call it because I'm not as into lunar phases as the experts.)  If I said "I saw a Sasquatch in March 2015. There was a full moon and I could see it clearly." and give the sighting date as March 9. I can guarantee people would be on me in an instant saying there was no full moon on March 9, 2015, etc. And technically they would be correct and I would be incorrect: the moon wasn't full on March 9, 2015 it was a waning gibbous moon.

That's why SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT's advice to write everything down as soon as you can is the best advice, documenting the date, the time and the location in addition to the actual event itself. But documentation depends upon presence of mind. If the mind is still processing what was seen/heard 5 days after the event, documenting might be more difficult.

I can't find this report or broadcast.  Can someone post a link to the description of the encounter?

Here's the youtube link:

If one finds themselves and their camp under attack from a ticked off Bigfoot, a gun, no matter how big it may be isn't going to be of much help. You have to have the one thing that is known to ward off Bigoot the world over. A camera. All Bigfoot will RUN AWAY from an Insta-Matic, even faster than King Arthur and his Knights ran away from The Knights Who Said Ni. Well, maybe except for Patty that is. She just looked a little late for a Doctors appointment.

Thanks for the link.

I have several questions after listening to the video.  First, here is a graphic of the moon phases for that date in November of 2012.

Second: if the email that was sent by Wes is authentic the sighting occured on the 15th of November.

>>From: “Wes Germer†wesgermer@icloud.com[1] To: mojo@wasrt.com Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 6:30:30 PM Subject: Bigfoot sighting My brother and I were being encircled last night by them while in our car. We were on the back side of yacolt mt, kind of by sunset falls and we didn’t see 1 we saw 3.<<

Third: He states in the video that it was totally black in front of the car yet he saw the Sasquach from 70' away clearly enough to notice 5 fingers and large chest muscles in the dark.  The area behind the car was lit up by the moon as they were facing SE.

Fourth: They were afraid to drive ahead to leave the area, yet didn't he say he backed out of the parking area and that they were facing a game trail on an incline when they drove into the parking area?

Fifth:  He also mentions that they didn't start using the term bigfoot until 2 weeks after the sighting instead they were calling them monsters, but the email above uses that term.

I know recalling things from the past is difficult, but I have been out at night during that moon phase and I can barely see anything in front of my face.

post-18569-0-25863800-1426790899.jpg

Unfortunately this was always going to end this way. The red flags and the increasingly elaborate tall tales would take their toll eventually.

Just glad this collapsed sooner rather than later and folks didn't get too fleeced of their hard earned dollars.

I'm speaking as a spectator, not as a participant of the kerfuffle over there. And everything I'm writing is my opinion based on my observations and similar past experiences with other web communities.

I think there are 2 issues at play: 1. the discontentment with the membership fee and/or the amenities of that paid membership and 2. the date discrepancy. And I think #1 is the primary reason and #2 is a distant second.

I think the membership fee was a sticking point for many people. But that isn't wholly unique to SC or any other paying thing.

The date discrepancy is another thing. I'm not an astronomer or anything like that. For me, a full moon is one that is round or looks round. I know there is a very specific classification of waning, waxing, quarter, etc. But I for me, if it looks round or roundish, it's a full moon. And we all know that a waxing/waning moon gives off light like a full moon, albeit the light isn't as bright, it still is light enough to illuminate even my suburban backyard. Looking at March 2015 moon phase :http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-march-2015.phtml

I would call the moons from March 2 through March 10 "full moons" (again, I know that is not scientifically correct, but that's what I would call it because I'm not as into lunar phases as the experts.)  If I said "I saw a Sasquatch in March 2015. There was a full moon and I could see it clearly." and give the sighting date as March 9. I can guarantee people would be on me in an instant saying there was no full moon on March 9, 2015, etc. And technically they would be correct and I would be incorrect: the moon wasn't full on March 9, 2015 it was a waning gibbous moon.

That's why SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT's advice to write everything down as soon as you can is the best advice, documenting the date, the time and the location in addition to the actual event itself. But documentation depends upon presence of mind. If the mind is still processing what was seen/heard 5 days after the event, documenting might be more difficult.

Here's the youtube link:

I would tend to agree with what SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT suggested, and I find that to be quite reasonable and prudent. I am not fee paying member I should say upfront so I have no interest either way, but I don’t see either of those issues i.e. the fee or date as being hotplate show stoppers for me unless there was an out and out self-admission to making up falsehoods.  It’s too easy for anyone to mistaken one day for another one month ago let alone two or three years so for that reason who am I to presume to know what’s in another man’s heart?  

I would tend to agree with what SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT suggested, and I find that to be quite reasonable and prudent. I am not fee paying member I should say upfront so I have no interest either way, but I don’t see either of those issues i.e. the fee or date as being hotplate show stoppers for me unless there was an out and out self-admission to making up falsehoods.  It’s too easy for anyone to mistaken one day for another one month ago let alone two or three years so for that reason who am I to presume to know what’s in another man’s heart?  

Gumshoeye, I tried to plus you, but was out of plusses for the day. I REALLY appreciate your posts on this topic (and SWWASP's post, too). Thank you for your restraint and kindness! I couldn't agree with you more.