Campsite Destroyed

I am not anti Woody or SC, however here is more to think about with the situation - posted from another site...

But BY FAR, the biggest red flag that everything besides their drive up Yacolt mountain, and the call to fish and game afterwards...was completely made up is this: Woody NOW says that before his encounter, he NEVER considered bigfoot to be real, never spent time thinking about it, and it was just this encounter that got him interested. He says this because this is more believable than what was really the case... The fact of the matter was he had been interested in bigfoot for at least "a few months" prior, and it wasn't just due to his encounter like he stated in a recent episode where he did the Q & A with the little boy and his father. If you go back and listen to Wes on the bigfoot tonight show, he says he's been a fan of the show for a long time, and when he talks to Chuck and Stacy, he knows exactly who is who, and talks to them like they are old friends. That suggests to be that he actually had listened to their shows, and really was a fan, and not just saying that to be nice to the hosts. He really was interested in bigfoot and wanted to to be "in the club". He wanted the attention, plain an simple. Even more telling though, was when he called into the Bigfoot Tonight Show (which was by far the best bigfoot podcast IMO), it had only been a month since his "encounter." At the end of the show, they talk about William Jevning, and Wes says "oh yeah, I've been sending him pictures of tree twists for a few months now, and we've been emailing back and forth for a while. Now i don't know about you guys, but having listened to the Bigfoot tonight show for "Months" before having his encounter, AND sending pictures of "Tree Twists" to William Jevning before his encounter, hardly sounds like someone who knew "nothing",or who "never thought about the subject".

What do you folks think?

For me, it's of no interest whatsoever whether Wes Germer never thought about BF, occasionally thought about BF, or constantly thought about BF, or at what time he did or didn't have these thoughts; nor do I care if he wants attention. I also don't care if he made up his story out of whole cloth. If he did, he is hurting no one by doing so. I personally dislike (intensely) any effort to portray the hairy guys as monsters, which Sasquatch Chronicles (from what I understand) appears to relish doing; but that doesn't mean he isn't /hasn't been providing a service of value to some people. I understand that the SC forum is (was?) a place where people could tell their encounter stories freely, without fear of being criticized and harrassed. That right there is a huge benefit to people who want and need to tell their stories. Why is it so necessary to destroy those opportunities for those people, or for anyone who just enjoyed listening to the show?

As for the investigation into the Bob Garrett story mentioned above, I don't find it persuasive. I don't think a real investigator calls a possible perpetrator of a coverup; asks, "Are you the possible perpetrator of a coverup?"; gets the answer "No"; and accepts that answer as the truth -- not even if they get that answer multiple times from multiple possible cover-uppers. 

I'm not an investigator, but my guess is, that's not how investigations are carried out. 

Maybe an actual investigator could comment on this (and thanks in advance to any who do). 

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

Well said Leaftalker, I am not here to destroy anyone or thing but I do have questions about how the show could be in such peril in such a short time. It bears adult discussion of both sides of the coin and about what is being said.

There should be place where folks can talk comfortably about their experiences. I never liked the paid content idea so I never paid a penny for it. If Wes made up the story and it is proven so, Wil, his reputation, and his book sales would be hurt so I believe that is why he left the show. If the host made up a story, why would people want to be guests on that show?

The biggest problem with Bigfooting is that too many people have set their sights on moneymaking (similarities to a real person/people not implied whatsoever).

Who cares if he got the day wrong? I mean really....that doesn't prove anything.I can barely remember my own birthday these days.  Let's say for whatever reason they did makeup the encounter ( which I don't personally think they did ) It wouldn't stop me from listening to the show. Wes and Woody's encounter is not what brings me back week after week. I appreciate Cindy's effort into doing her own investigation into the matter, but just accepting "NO" as an answer doesn't exactly seal a case shut does it?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying some people died out there. I don't have a clue either way.

I hear you, Beerhunter, and I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't agree that the real problem with Bigfooting is that too many people have their sights set on moneymaking. I think that could be a problem for those people as individuals, yes (because they're going to be very sadly disappointed; see Branco's recent post about all this); but the rest of us cause our own suffering. To blame people who want to make money for our own suffering seems off target, to me. 

In this country, we're allowed to spend our money pretty much any way we like, as long as we're not hurting anybody. If I sign up for a "fake" BF expedition, or read a book that's pure fiction (but represented as something else), so what? I've had a good time, and nobody has died. Nobody has even caught a cold. (Although I'm like you; I personally don't have any interest in paying for content, because I have other things I need to pay for, first.) 

I think the real problem with Bigfooting is the constant rush to judgment of every little tiny thing and every person. I think the rushers truly believe their actions are making this arena "safer" for people, but in my opinion, it doesn't do that at all. It just serves to raise the level of fear, hysteria, and finger-pointing to still higher levels. That's not an environment where reasonable people can be heard, or reasonable discussions conducted (as you so rightly point out is so important). 

People become afraid to speak, and that is not good. That which is intended to have a "chilling effect" on the "bad guys" ends up chilling everybody. 

Skyla, are we in agreement about something? That is too cool. 

• Upvote 1

True, no one makes anyone spend their money for these pay sites. The scare factor was a niche that SC filled. Entertainment factor is the key to it all. Are any of those stories real? Who knows...

Guest Suesquach

I enjoy SC and have believed Wes and Woody's encounter. What I'm confused about is this story about people being killed in the Big Thicket (by an angry Sas?). I would think if this did happen and people were killed it would've been in the local newspapers. It looks like now no one was killed. Why would Wes and Bob Garrett both say it was true with no proof to back up this story. At some point it would come out that no one was killed and this was just a story. I'm just so tired of the fabrications. Just tell the truth!

Guest ChasingRabbits

I would tend to agree with what SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT suggested, and I find that to be quite reasonable and prudent. I am not fee paying member I should say upfront so I have no interest either way, but I don’t see either of those issues i.e. the fee or date as being hotplate show stoppers for me unless there was an out and out self-admission to making up falsehoods.  It’s too easy for anyone to mistaken one day for another one month ago let alone two or three years so for that reason who am I to presume to know what’s in another man’s heart?  

I agree with you that unless there is out and out fraud, I wouldn't be as upset as some of the people on that site are. But, again, I base my opinion on what's I've witnessed on the Web over the years. Something causes a minor irk, and more somethings pile on more irks until ---KABOOOM! I think that's what happened there with the initiating irk being the membership fee.

Anyhow, I think Wes and Woody did see something and I think they got the calendar dates mixed up.  The first time I met with my divorce lawyer, I kept telling him "last tuesday", when our meeting was 3 months after "last tuesday".

True, no one makes anyone spend their money for these pay sites. The scare factor was a niche that SC filled. Entertainment factor is the key to it all. Are any of those stories real? Who knows...

I think encounters/sightings of sasquatch/UFOs/ghosts/etc. fall into 2 main sets: true and totally made up. But these two sets aren't separate: they overlap. In that overlap portion, they are true but have been embellished with things that are totally made up. For example, a shadow against a window at night evolves, after multiple retellings, into a glowing eyed shadow holding a knife in one hand and a bottle of blood in the other. The shadow with the knife and blood bottle makes for a better story, which is terrific for folk lore enthusiasts like me.

And again, it goes back to what SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT wrote: write everything down as soon as you can.

Guest ChasingRabbits

Someone actually did some (quite a lot, actually)digging:

http://bigfootanarchy.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-ultimate-camping-story.html?spref=fb

Interesting stuff.

It's a shame that Bob Garrett's youtube channel was removed because I recall there was a video on it where you could not only hear the whirrrrr of a helicopter but you could also see it and its shadow.

I guess in addition to SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT's advice about documenting an encounter, we should also download copies of interesting vids on youtube.

You know that if Wes Germer had not erected a site for paid content, none of this would have arisen. It just changes peoples

impression of you, add to that he drove an older hummer in a video, and people just start making assumptions, the vehicle is

used and cost him $14,000, hardly worth even mentioning. Wes kinds of has that tough guy look behind the shades, it all is just

impressions people get, and having been burned in this community by a fair amount of individuals, well you see how quickly a

witch hunt can ensue. IMO the facts surrounding the date of the encounter and moon phase are something to consider, but hardly

why I would question the account. What is really interesting to me is that given the details, the length of time, and the number 

of Sasquatch seen, you would be very hard pressed to find another encounter like it, so it would have to be considered a-statistical 

from the other sighting data. The fact that they saw 3 or 4 Sasquatch in one episode, prolonged time frame, and the aggressive

behavior described, it just has not been reported by anyone else that I know of, correct me if I am wrong, but it sort of seems like

a one of a kind account.  That is more reason for us to question it, not making any presumptions, but just looking at the statistical

data.

Gumshoeye, you seem to have a grasp on the available sighting data, can you find any reports that parallel this one in terms of the 

length of the encounter, the number of sasquatch seen, and the behavior described? I feel this is the most objective way of looking

at the possibility of such an encounter in a statistical fashion.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

^^^^

SimplySkyla - My point exactly with similar sentiments and until and unless there’s more there – there …. I’m sorry to burst some bubbles but from what I read or heard up to this point, it falls far short making the case ... and I hasten to add, you should feel relieved knowing real professionals hunt for real people and not a nickel and dime podcast talk show host, come on people you’re smarter than that!  

Real investigators do not take shady circumstantial evidence onto a forum of public opinion if there were something there. If they did, they would bring it to a district attorney and if and when they do it, you wouldn’t read about it on any forum. Good investigators don’t take a case before a DA until they feel it's buttoned tight, but the district attorney doesn’t agree to move forward until they know a case solid, locked up just simple as that.  

So for all this chatter and excitement over this misstep its so embarrassing …   

Rather than express glee over someone else’s grief, feel some sympathy for all involved. I wonder what motivation someone(s) would have to look for and find some sliver of misstated word and go to the forum spread it around lawn fertilizer on day of spring, if not to cause malicious damage to another’s name and or the topic subject itself?

It also bears close semblance to misinformation in which case we’re talking a whole different ball game, in that case it was preconceived, calculated and deliberate ….  

It has all the hallmarks of an amateurish investigation all through it, and everyone reading this post ought to be relieved this provocateur, this individual(s) isn’t a professional investigator whose decisions and efforts determines whether another is guilty or innocent. If that is the case then we are all getting a glimpse of what Third World justice is like, if we cannot recognize it when we see it then we deserve it. In that case the pitchfork and lantern group could set their sights on you or me next. Think about that when you read through all these posts.

….  Just Saying, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Gumshoeye