Campsite Destroyed

I was under the impression that the torn up camp was pretty much on a dirt road, so anyone driving up there, especially FS crews cleaning up the area would run over a lot of stuff. It also makes sense that a clean up crew would go there a get it ready for other campers to use. They would also get rid of falling down/ broken trees or widow makers for safety. I'm not saying that's what happened, but Occam's Razor points to that as opposed to a large and complex conspiracy to hide Sasquatch activity. No one can even give a really good reason why anyone would want to hide Sasquatch activity, even violent activity. We have all sorts of speculation, but it all seems to avoid logical reasons for the destruction and clean up of the site. We have heard there was more information indicating a Sasquatch attack and G cover up, but it's just a persons word at this point with no corroboration. He sounds like a great guy and is very interesting, I just can't buy most of these types of stories, even if I'd like to.

Gum, your situation sounds weird. Had I personally experienced the same, I'd probably have a different view on this stuff. I just havent seen nor experienced any of this stuff myself.

Guest diana swampbooger

I've read similar reports, of certain types of sightings, particular specific locations,  being destroyed.

Very, very interesting, Gum.

Could you tell how fresh/weathered the cut was?

Why did that site get destroyed?  

More importantly, how & by what was the data gathered?

Our underground military industrial complex making impotent busy work decisions...

^^^

@Diana S - I am not a Bigfoot/Sasquatch researcher but my friend is, and a very well-known and respected one throughout the Midwest at that. I accompany him out on these hikes for companionship and conversations when time permits me and I always carry and he doesn’t. Now his friend is a well-known Russian author and Bigfoot/Sasquatch researcher who visits from time to time as he did this past spring.

Can I tell whether the wood was fresh cut or old, tiny wood chips keep their color for a few months before they discolor but if I had to guess I would say it was at least a couple months since the place was clean cut.  I get a very deep sense that some properties owned by state and federal government are indeed monitored by whatever means to an extent they have a general idea know who enters and leaves.

There have been reports of encounters reported to state DNR and local sheriff’s deputies by some of these local people in that area. Do you think anyone in public could get a copy of those reports? I don’t believe it’s possible. The only way anyone knows of these incidents comes from everyday citizens who still listen to scanners and monitor their local law enforcement and farmers who see or find something puzzling.   Now with new construction encroaching on the peripheral outer limits of state land we are experiencing these former urban dwellers reporting screams, growls and wood knocks in the woods behind their large pristine homes. If it doesn’t annoy them, it scares them and they call the law.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Here another option to consider....

How do we know the location that Garret filmed; was even in Sam Houston? Maybe it was filmed behind his house? I'm not saying it was but, once again, nothing can be verified.

I understand that a large part of Bigfoot encounter claims have little evidence and are anecdotal in nature. However, there's a big difference between a unique, one time sighting report and the stories that I've heard from Bob Garret. If his stories are true; it would make him, far and above the most successful researcher in the field.

He has made some very extraordinary claims, as to what he's witnessed and the one video he had, with close up detailed views of a Sasquatch, was stolen by government agents that hacked his computer.

Nothing Garret has claimed, can be verified and his excuse is that he's a victim of a government cover up.

So; why is Bob Garret the only researcher being harassed by the government? I've not heard these kinds of claims from Meldrum or other researchers...

Unless, of course, Bob Garret is the best researcher in the world and the government wants to keep Sasquatch a secret. Perhaps they don't bother with any of the other well known researchers because they're incompetent and will never document the existence of Bigfoot? Does this make sense or is there another reason why the men in black are tormenting the unfortunate Mr. Garret?

• Upvote 2

How do we know the location that Garret filmed; was even in Sam Houston? Maybe it was filmed behind his house? I'm not saying it was but, once again, nothing can be verified.

I understand that a large part of Bigfoot encounter claims have little evidence and are anecdotal in nature. However, there's a big difference between a unique, one time sighting report and the stories that I've heard from Bob Garret. If his stories are true; it would make him, far and above the most successful researcher in the field.

He has made some very extraordinary claims, as to what he's witnessed and the one video he had, with close up detailed views of a Sasquatch, was stolen by government agents that hacked his computer.

Nothing Garret has claimed, can be verified and his excuse is that he's a victim of a government cover up.

So; why is Bob Garret the only researcher being harassed by the government? I've not heard these kinds of claims from Meldrum or other researchers...

Unless, of course, Bob Garret is the best researcher in the world and the government wants to keep Sasquatch a secret. Perhaps they don't bother with any of the other well known researchers because they're incompetent and will never document the existence of Bigfoot? Does this make sense or is there another reason why the men in black are tormenting the unfortunate Mr. Garret?

^^^Plus

Or it could be his claims of death and violence?????   I’m not sure so I must ask, did Meldrum make a similar claim?

BFF Patron

I have discussed government interest with Thom Powell but never addressed it with Meldrum.   I think I mentioned Thom Powell being approached after a conference by people who claimed they were with the CIA.     Good question to ask if anyone can approach Meldrum privately.    The fact that he is associated with a State institution sort of muddies the waters.  It could be since his work is not largely accepted by his peers, he has been left out on the limb he has put himself on. 

Guest diana swampbooger

lol

I have discussed government interest with Thom Powell but never addressed it with Meldrum. I think I mentioned Thom Powell being approached after a conference by people who claimed they were with the CIA. Good question to ask if anyone can approach Meldrum privately. The fact that he is associated with a State institution sort of muddies the waters. It could be since his work is not largely accepted by his peers, he has been left out on the limb he has put himself on.

I don't doubt for a second that there is government interest or involvement in the phenomenon, but that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about a very specific set of claims made by Bob Garrett, and by extension his various sympathizers, sycophants, and fellow travelers, including the Sasquatch Chronicles crew.

So far, none of the proffered evidence supports the ultimate conclusion in this case that a bigfoot (or bigfoots) attacked and killed a group of campers and then that the scene was sterilized literally overnight by shadowy government operatives. The very nature of the claim negates itself. Attempting to show that such a thing could happen does not and can not show that it did happen in this particular case. What we are left with is an interesting anecdote and nothing more.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Guest Divergent1

It's not really all that interesting when you compare it to other anecdotal stories. It's one of the reasons why I suspect ulterior monetary motives. Let's whoop everyone up into a frenzy over a nothing story and sell the myth.

Edited by Divergent1

I have discussed government interest with Thom Powell but never addressed it with Meldrum.   I think I mentioned Thom Powell being approached after a conference by people who claimed they were with the CIA.     Good question to ask if anyone can approach Meldrum privately.    The fact that he is associated with a State institution sort of muddies the waters.  It could be since his work is not largely accepted by his peers, he has been left out on the limb he has put himself on. 

After giving your posted comments some thought, I was reminded of some material that I read believed to be Bigfoot/ Sasquatch researcher John Greens early data files. I am sure most everyone with an interest has sound online and Mr. Green made them public for anyone to read. They were large old files in documents and anyone could download them to read and they were laden with details including type of incidents, locations, and it provided the witnesses names addresses and phone number I do believe. But he also had record of sources and within more than a few of those reports where the source name was not provided was the identical three letters. Now unless he used that acronym for some other abbreviation I don't know because it did not provide a key of definitions to explain it either. Anyone reading those files I guess would understand those three letters for what they mean. I do believe one of those sources where three letters were not provided had a note with something to the effect: Paraphrasing - anonymous works for federal agency wants to keep identity anonymous.  

Believe what you may but anyone with access to John Greens original old data file with complete sources can read it for themselves.

Agreed nothing can be verified.