Show Your Best Evidence If You Please.

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

Roger Patterson took a clear image of a sasquatch. Moving image at that. It's clear enough to see breasts and even lips. Patty ain't no blobsquatch.

If clear moving image isn't going to do it for you I doubt stills are.

However why why why hasn't anyone else managed to perform the same feat?  That is the question.  Please come up with something better than the usual excuses about stealth and luck.   The singularity of the PGF is a weakness not a strength for the continued existence of the beast.

^^ and just so we are clear, your argument here is not really an argument at all. Someone had to be first, Roger was it. We live in a time where no-one has surpassed that, but that is not the same as saying that no-one will, which is where your argument rests. It is therefore specious.

^ Patty is obviously not definitive in any way. 

I agree its the best there is as far as evidence but its not good enough.

For one I see Patty with severe problems in the hip area. Diaper butt..... Very Clearly to me.... 

That's my work and I can't help it if you can't see it...

But this isn't a Patty thread.... FWIW.....  I have read the entire body of Patty work on this site and more..... I still see a suit. .... and that's good enough for me.

There should be so much evidence yet there is none outside of unverifiable stories.

OK- you are proving my point. You look at the film and your brain says 'guy in a suit' and that is as far as you get. In effect your brain just sold you short.

Because you if don't cause your hand to move, you don't do the work of analyzing the joints and that is what you have to do. Then you will see that it can't possibly be a guy in a suit.

This is why I asked for you to show your work.

That is why the PGF is not only excellent evidence but also why I maintain its better than a body on a slab! The reason for that is you personally will never get to view that body; IOW you will have to trust someone telling you its real which means you will not accept it.  But: you can look at the PGF and analyze the joints any old time.

If you feel mamma has suitably correct for bigfoot legs great but heck friend I see long legs and oh there's this lock knee going on too.  Now I've delivered the goods about the leg length even if you disagree so now you tell me about how mamma gets to have a locked knee OK?  You won't because humans lock the knee not bigfoots.

Surely you can see the fallibility in taking one piece of evidence like the PGF and making it such a rigid standard. 

...........humans lock the knee not bigfoots.

Wait a minute....is this a fact about a non-existent species?

What physically limits patties knees from locking? 

Could it be just a habit she has developed.?

We must be talking about just a few degrees of knee flexion here, and a tiny matter to distinguish a species with.

IMO.....the shin rise angle is more remarkable. 

Love that careful reading and clear thinking, southernyahoo. No more pluses today, so this is a verbal one.  :)

Guest Crowlogic

Surely you can see the fallibility in taking one piece of evidence like the PGF and making it such a rigid standard. 

Wait a minute....is this a fact about a non-existent species?

What physically limits patties knees from locking? 

Could it be just a habit she has developed.?

We must be talking about just a few degrees of knee flexion here, and a tiny matter to distinguish a species with.

IMO.....the shin rise angle is more remarkable. 

It is a regurgitation of the community scuttlebutt that depending on which way the wind is blowing will be quoted as fact.  I'm perfectly willing to say there is no gold standard in bigfootism.  Let's have it that knees lock on Mondays and knees don't lock on Tuesdays.  Arms stretch longer later earlier in the week then late in the week.  We can even have color ranges going from pink to green depending on the season.  The sky is the limit since there is no documentation of the creatures reality.  However for the proponents sake there darn well better be a base to point to as the real deal and Patty is where the finger usually gets pointed.

There are more than a few proponents who worship at the altar of Patty and proclaim her as "the type specimen".  case closed on the reality book.  

Guest SoFla

It is a regurgitation of the community scuttlebutt that depending on which way the wind is blowing will be quoted as fact.  I'm perfectly willing to say there is no gold standard in bigfootism.  Let's have it that knees lock on Mondays and knees don't lock on Tuesdays.  Arms stretch longer later earlier in the week then late in the week.  We can even have color ranges going from pink to green depending on the season.  The sky is the limit since there is no documentation of the creatures reality.  However for the proponents sake there darn well better be a base to point to as the real deal and Patty is where the finger usually gets pointed.

There are more than a few proponents who worship at the altar of Patty and proclaim her as "the type specimen".  case closed on the reality book.  

Funny but I see it from the other side, there are a group of deniers here who spend all of their resources on the idea that Patty is a fake-case closed- end of story, when truth be told the PGF is just one of hundreds of great examples of proof positive evidence as to the question of Sasquatch existence

I would say that patty is walking with a natural compliant gait, but I don't think the film presents the full range of her mobility. I allow for some limb proportion differences between us and BF simply because I think the environment poses a selective pressure towards shorter legs, longer torsos and longer arms but locking the knee or not might be associated with the habit of driving the heel into the dirt or planting the foot flat on the ground.

Imagine yourself walking barefoot out there. What manner of walking produces the least pain and injury?

watch the feet........

Guest ChasingRabbits

OK you win the mamma has  normal bigfoot legs because she's a normal bigfoot.  So since you've proven me wrong I'll ask you one more time as I go down in flames to an ignominious end  .....Mamma has a locked knee so look you've dis proven my stand and by disproving my leg length stand you've put mamma  well into the realm of reality with a locked knee to boot.  Better notify Meldrum that bigfoot locks the knees.................  

12. continues to ignore that the issue is his inability to give real, scientific evidence to support his conclusion that the legs seemed a bit longer.

13. continues to attempt to deflect that the issue is his inability to give real, scientific evidence to support his conclusion that the legs seemed a bit longer.

Include yourself in that proponents camp because you used Patty as your evidence to support your leg length idea.

Guest Crowlogic

I would say that patty is walking with a natural compliant gait, but I don't think the film presents the full range of her mobility. I allow for some limb proportion differences between us and BF simply because I think the environment poses a selective pressure towards shorter legs, longer torsos and longer arms but locking the knee or not might be associated with the habit of driving the heel into the dirt or planting the foot flat on the ground.

Imagine yourself walking barefoot out there. What manner of walking produces the least pain and injury?

watch the feet........

Anders has a good suit does he not?  Now I spy locked knees in that video and arms a bit on the short side.  here's the gold standard to compare the Anders suit with.

bf3a_zpslcdcxqwt.jpg

Finally, Crow, some work and it shows. Well done.

I've always assumed Mark Anders was a hoaxer, and your image of Patty beside his very good suit shows the problems:

Knees are in the wrong place- Patty's shins are shorter and her thighs are longer.

Patty also has longer arms. Note how much lower her hands are (accounts for the 'diaper butt' that many skeptics have complained about- what they are really seeing is one of her hands).

So you can see from your work here that Patty is real and the Anders creature is a dude in a suit.

This is a good example of why I say that the PGF is a better bit of proof of existence than an actual body. You can use its images to knock out the hoaxers as you did in this case.

Funny but I see it from the other side, there are a group of deniers here who spend all of their resources on the idea that Patty is a fake-case closed- end of story, when truth be told the PGF is just one of hundreds of great examples of proof positive evidence as to the question of Sasquatch existence

I would suggest that the debate regarding the PGF is not something just doubted by "deniers". The founders of this forum disagreed about the PGF on their show (The Bigfoot Show), often. Since I'm going through some of their old shows I did a quick search for PGF here are the shows where the members of The Bigfoot Show debate the PGF. 

I only wish to point out that the PGF is far from proof positive of anything even amongst believers. To pretend otherwise is demonstrably false. Have a great day.

2lc1p9i.png

The PGF has been beyond dispute shown to be an unlisted animal.

Any "debate" now going on is, to those in the know, unencumbered by either knowledge or cogent thought.

There is no debate when one side is, demonstrably, wrong.

It doesn't matter how many people know something that has been conclusively decided.  This is maybe the most misunderstood thing about science, at least it definitely is here.

watch the feet........

Southernyahoo, how you could use one of Mark Anders video for any reason is disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnTGN1vz0kVI_sLxiDFiapA/videos

The PGF has been beyond dispute shown to be an unlisted animal.

No it hasn't. Bill Munns has presented his findings, and I respect Bill Munns, but that doesn't make it "beyond dispute".

Beyond dispute.

When has the *first* piece of evidence - in over 47 years - been produced that would lead a truly skeptical skeptic to consider seriously the possibility that this was faked?

When has *any* skeptic analyzed the film in a way that would cast doubt on it?

47 years.

Oh, we're done.  No matter who might think otherwise.  We're done.

Science is firm on one thing:  if one cannot refute the proponents...one must join them.

To do otherwise is to refute one's scientific training.  And that is all.