A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

The beast is not on a slab in a lab.  Not a single legitimate scientific discipline will have anything to do with it and the community supporting it's existence has a 100% failure rate after half a century.  I find strange that believers seem to think that nonbelievers are fuming and banging fists on tables screaming about the craziness of bigfooting.  Actually I've sensed more fumes coming from the bigfooting side.  Questions and questioning are healthy.  Did you read the article or is this a case of eyes wide shut?

Even after all this time, grown men continue to believe in this myth, to me that is the most amazing part.

Why is that any more amazing than all the other stuff that 'grown men' believe in? You do realise that the vast majority of the world's population 'believe' in things far far sillier than bigfoot right?

I'll say it again. What's amazing is grown men taking the time to join a forum that's dedicated to a subject they believe has no merit.

Bigfoot has a precedent in the fossil record and is plausable that it has evolved to hide from us most of the time. It's not perfect at it as it has to make sounds, leave tracks, forage, eat and sustain it's population. They would need their distinctive calls to find one another and thats how we could find them. Simple..............

The word Yahoo has the unique vowels that science says may not have even been possible for a neanderthal to make, so a creature making those sounds is doing it's best to convey it is a hominin.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13672-neanderthals-speak-out-after-30000-years/

Robert McCarthy, an anthropologist at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton has used new reconstructions of Neanderthal vocal tracts to simulate the voice. He says the ancient human’s speech lacked the “quantal vowel†sounds that underlie modern speech.

Why is that any more amazing than all the other stuff that 'grown men' believe in? You do realise that the vast majority of the world's population 'believe' in things far far sillier than bigfoot right?

Including the seven percent - 7!  out of 100! - who believe the moon landings were faked.  And I won't get into something else for which zero evidence exists that we can't discuss here.

I'll say it again. What's amazing is grown men taking the time to join a forum that's dedicated to a subject they believe has no merit.

NO.  FREAKIN.  KIDDING.

Never mind grown men being pointed, repeatedly, to science being assiduously done on this topic...and failing to crack Cover One.

And I won't talk about the inability to get full face in a selfie, promise. :music:

And I had to add this one, just read:  "18% of Americans still believe that the sun revolves around the earth, according to a Gallup poll;..."

That's a lot of "grown men."  And yes, there's as much evidence for sasquatch as there is that the earth revolves around the sun.  ^^This article might reveal one reason few know that:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201407/anti-intellectualism-and-the-dumbing-down-america

"We’re creating a world of dummies. Angry dummies who feel they have the right, the authority and the need not only to comment on everything, but to make sure their voice is heard above the rest, and to drag down any opposing views through personal attacks, loud repetition and confrontation."

[Prediction:  we will soon see a post from a pot proclaiming a kettle to be a dark color]

Edited by DWA

Even after all this time, grown men continue to believe in this myth, to me that is the most amazing part.

There are many myths that are believed by grown men in modern society, and by a vast majority in one particular case.

The "vast majority" in that particular case including a shockingly large majority of the world's "scientists."

(OK, depending upon the one you are talking about.  But, actually, maybe not.)

Edited by DWA

Bigfoot has a precedent in the fossil record and is plausable that it has evolved to hide from us most of the time. It's not perfect at it as it has to make sounds, leave tracks, forage, eat and sustain it's population. They would need their distinctive calls to find one another and thats how we could find them. Simple..............

The word Yahoo has the unique vowels that science says may not have even been possible for a neanderthal to make, so a creature making those sounds is doing it's best to convey it is a hominin.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13672-neanderthals-speak-out-after-30000-years/

You state that sasquatch has precedent in the fossil record. How do you figure that?

There are many myths that are believed by grown men in modern society, and by a vast majority in one particular case.

Care to expand on this?

I had a friend with one of those intimidating and morally judgmental grandmothers, like most of us had, and one who took special  pride in her curiosity and general grasp of post-enlightenment history.  I can still hear her as she read the daily paper and waggled her head back and forth over some pol who had recently proclaimed his/her ignorance, or marveled at the latest antediluvian goings-on in the community. "Mmm, mmm, mmm...You'd THINK they'd be ashamed!"  

Yeah. We are mostly all too uninformed to know what information we lack. Being so, we lack the common decency of being ashamed of it.    

Edited by WSA

The ferocity with which the lack of any tangible trace evidence post PGF is defended here strikes me as the most humorous part of it all.

This thread is out to 51 pages and I think the number of posts which acknowledge this paucity of tangible evidence would amount to around 10. With a population of folks who cannot even acknowledge that there's been a lack of advancement in all the years post patty talk of being uniformed is particularly interesting.

Edited by Bodhi
  • Upvote 3

You state that sasquatch has precedent in the fossil record. How do you figure that?

Care to expand on this?

Very large ape creatures are fact in the fossil record as are bipedal ape creatures. Bigfoot isn't really all that 'out there' as a creature with no similarity in the fossil record.

The expansion won't happen. Deities is not a discussion allowed here, for various reasons, but you get the point.

Meldrum speculates both the Gigantopithecus and robust australopithecine (Paranthropus) genera as possible predecessors.  Taxonomy of a specimen will be required for precision.  And even then we won't be sure, because there is no reason to believe the fossil record will ever be anything close to half complete.

Every aspect of the bigfoot skeptic 'argument' is intellectually vacant, the 'no fossil record' no less than any other.

What do we do with species we know about ...for which we have no fossil predecessors?  Deny them?

Precisely.

We know the precise fossil lineage of our own species with about the same precision as we do that for sasquatch.  To call this tack intellectual laziness is damning with faint praise.

Edited by DWA

Very large ape creatures are fact in the fossil record as are bipedal ape creatures. Bigfoot isn't really all that 'out there' as a creature with no similarity in the fossil record.

The expansion won't happen. Deities is not a discussion allowed here, for various reasons, but you get the point.

Ok so the precedent is that there are large apes in the fossil record? Using that to claim a sasquatch fossil record seems a huge stretch but sure, why not. The bipedalism is likely incorrect though based on what I've read regarding the Gigantopithecus fossils.

Edited by Bodhi