If I Was To Shoot One

ShadowBorn

Wag

Is that not the holes to a bowling ball? I mean I swear that is exactly what it looks like. 

Gumshoeye

I now remember about your photos. I believe that I might have commented to Bob that the one photo looked like a blonde bear cub in a tree.

I believe that we might have met ? But am not sure. But I do know that you do know how real they are, but we must stay on the skeptical side if we are to prove them. I have told Bob how I have thought of shooting one and he has always warned me. 

But I have sat in those trees with them around me , the truth is they are a nuisance when hunting. No deer will ever come around with them around and they truly **** me off. It took time to have no fear and place that fear in the back . Once I was able to place that fear in the back more action took place. But no visual except for the usual seeing of figures running from tree to tree or the hearing of being followed . Having large trees placed when they were not there before. Yes, let s not forget the attention grabbers ,rock throwing or tree branches  or some thing being thrown.

I have only felt threaten once and it was when I was in my ground blind around 4:00pm hunting . I heard the knocks  on both sides of my ground blind ,then some thing hit my blind. So I step out of my blind with my bow let out a hoot showed them my bow and then this fear came over me as I went back inside my blind. As I looked in front of my blind I seen this small creature jumping up and down waving its arms. It was all reddish or orange in color and it was fluffy all over. I felt like I was surrounded and the fear sense was strong. As I looked down to get my stuff to get the heck out of there the creature was gone. Again this thing was in the path of my exit and I had no idea where it went.

Yet I am still here and now my son will be out there with me .They seem to like my son since he throw the rocks or what ever they throw at us back at them. It is like a game with them that they play with my son. I use to bring my daughter with me but was told not to any more. So I have not and nor do I intend to. But If you know Bob D Gumshoeye then we might be able to meet up one day and talk about Bigfoot. I would like that if you would? Pm I use to have clearance so I know how to keep silent.    

Guest SoFla

in other words you accuse people of attacking other posters and when you are asked to back that claim up, you can't

Are you even aware of the level of personal attacks that M.k.Davis and his supporters did against John Green and a few others?

If you are not then perhaps you need to research it to find out if the folks you are supporting are worthy of it

You stated that they are good people, others pointed out reasons that make them believe otherwise

You stated that people on this forum engage in the same behavior

Myself and others disagree with you and stated as such, some by pointing out that the forum rules do not allow for it

You made the accusations about members of this forum

I may also point out that myself and others that are supporting John Green do so knowing full well that John is a believer and a pioneer researcher that deserves respect

This may shock you

As I stated before, I do not believe that sasquatch exist now or at any time in recorded history

HOWEVER

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the early researchers such as Green, Gimlin and others

I have had the pleasure of meeting them and feel better for it.

I may not agree with some of Bill Munns conclusions, but I do respect the work he does

I don't respect the work of people that simply say this is what I know, believe me and it you question it you don't deserve to see the evidence

I can understand how someone could look at the same evidence that I have and come to the conclusion that sasquatch exist, it is all based on how you weigh the evidence

What I don't understand is why the same cannot be said for many of the believers

YOU say there was all of this animosity, I don't know but maybe there was, I don't know but what I DO know is I do NOT CHOOSE to look at the so-called bad that other people like you seem to like to focus on. Haven't you ever made any mistakes in your life? Do you not have any regrets for things you have done or said? Haven't you ever hurt another person? Have any ex's? What I am basing my assessment on the "WEIGHT OF THE EVIDENCE" as it were is the fact that a few of these guys are actually trying to HELP PEOPLE by driving over to their houses at all hours of the night, when their husbands are away, to give them protection and comfort from the scary creatures that you say don't exist.

Who could it be then, banging on the side of the houses? Tapping on their windows summoning them to come? Who is 7 feet tall and can get a suit that can move like a real creature at 3 in the morning? Scaring old ladies, little children and young ladies half to death? Is it just their imagination? You need to get real with yourself, because any person who denies that these things are happening and what it is that is causing them to happen is not being honest with themselves nor any of us here on this forum. Me? I choose to associate with people who look for the good in others, people who HELP their fellow man. I don't know you, but maybe you should do a little more forgiving and a lot more research and maybe we can have a discussion a civil discussion-or maybe not, or maybe more people will just continue to send more messages to Michele complaining about what they perceive to be me breaking rules and what *I* consider to be attacks against me-there's your proof-the countless warnings that I have garnered in the few days that I have been here from _______ people.

Guest JiggyPotamus

Having grown up around hunters and firearms, I began going on hunting trips long before I had even discharged a firearm. When I got a bit older I began actually going dove hunting, usually a couple of times per year. Then I started deer hunting, although I did not shoot a deer for a long time. I usually just helped track them. Then I went into the military and became familiar with other types of firearms, but my outlook towards killing started to change. I was never in combat or anything like that, and the shift was internally generated as opposed to resulting from something physical. So now, even though I shoot a wide variety of firearms on a regular basis, I do not believe in killing animals unless it is necessary.

I actually get sick to my stomach thinking about the poor animals I've killed in the past. Especially doves, which my grandma always told me mate with one partner for life. She is a staunch anti-killing advocate. Probably the only one in my entire family. Anyway, I do not go on hunting trips anymore, even just to be with the guys in my family. I've "put down" different types of animals over the years, usually when something like an accident occurs that makes it absolutely necessary, and I cannot even describe the emotional pain that causes. I cannot imagine that anyone would actually get joy out of killing anything. My point is that I completely sympathize and understand where you are coming from. Now I believe that even hunting should only be done to achieve two purposes: first, to control an animal population. This is often necessary with certain animals, as letting a population increase unchecked will result in a disturbance of other animal populations, meaning that you are actually helping other animals survive. Or perhaps coyotes are attacking your animals, in which case going after them is understandable. It is not "sport," but necessity. The other acceptable reason for killing animals is for food. Killing and wasting an animal is just horrible in my opinion.

Anyway, I am pro-kill where bigfoot is concerned, because I too believe that it will benefit the species in the long run. I will say however that this is not a given. They seem to be doing fine on their own, although we do not really know for sure. But unchecked expansion by humans is bound to negatively affect these animals at some point, as I'm sure that they need more territory than many other types of "wild" animals.

I've said in the past that I would not want to be the one to shoot a bigfoot, even for a greater good for their species, and I still feel that way. Having killed animals, and knowing that it is not something that is easy to do, even when your intentions are good, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to kill something that looks so human, and might be human for all we know. I want people to realize that those people who have stated they've had bigfoot in their sights yet could not pull the trigger are likely to be telling the truth, at least based on my experiences. For a normal person who has a good moral compass, killing does not come easily. When you factor in the human qualities of a sasquatch, even just based upon its appearance, actually pulling the trigger would not be an easy decision. It is not just the fear of potential prosecution, but is more of a moral dilemma.

Guest SoFla

I agree Gum-good stuff by Jiggy. I have only killed one animal on purpose in my life, it was a squirrel caught in a trap in my cousin's attic. My dad had me go up and kill it with a pellet gun. It was weird, the thing looked me right in the eyes as I took it out of it's misery. That was it for me.

As far as killing a bigfoot goes, I kind of like the way that the Texas guys are thinking about it, they won't kill a female or a baby, they will only try to put down a rogue male who is causing trouble, scaring people and threatening them. I believe that there are rogue males out there who may have been put out of by the clan because they aren't "right in the head" and that these are the ones who bang on houses, scare little kids by telling them come here in the middle of the night at their windows. These are the ones that may NEED to be taken down 'IF' it is at all possible to do and I believe that the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Association are the ones who can (they say they already HAVE done it) and are employing this very criteria.... which I tend to agree with.

I agree Gum-good stuff by Jiggy. I have only killed one animal on purpose in my life, it was a squirrel caught in a trap in my cousin's attic. My dad had me go up and kill it with a pellet gun. It was weird, the thing looked me right in the eyes as I took it out of it's misery. That was it for me.

As far as killing a bigfoot goes, I kind of like the way that the Texas guys are thinking about it, they won't kill a female or a baby, they will only try to put down a rogue male who is causing trouble, scaring people and threatening them. I believe that there are rogue males out there who may have been put out of by the clan because they aren't "right in the head" and that these are the ones who bang on houses, scare little kids by telling them come here in the middle of the night at their windows. These are the ones that may NEED to be taken down 'IF' it is at all possible to do and I believe that the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Association are the ones who can (they say they already HAVE done it) and are employing this very criteria.... which I tend to agree with.

SoFla

I have nothing against GCBRA, they do have the right idea of going after those bad ones that just want to cause trouble. But we also have to realize some of these loner types might not be up to trouble. Some times we have to teach the folks having the encounters how to deal with them. Before it comes down to extreme level of measure it should be first come to habituation first. Just my opinion.

Guest SoFla

SoFla

I have nothing against GCBRA, they do have the right idea of going after those bad ones that just want to cause trouble. But we also have to realize some of these loner types might not be up to trouble. Some times we have to teach the folks having the encounters how to deal with them. Before it comes down to extreme level of measure it should be first come to habituation first. Just my opinion.

last night on Sasquatch Chronicles mark Zaskey made a great point that hadn't been considered by anyone that I've heard before and that is we don't know what the "trouble Squatch" has had to put up with. Were there humans trying to kill it, firing shots? Did someone steal a baby or kill it's mate? So I kind of see what you're saying Shadow, then again, how do we reason with them? How can we communicate? when feeding them is not such a good idea because well they ARE wild animals and you're not supposed to feed wild animals. If you stop (and this has been a case before) are they going to get pissed and start demanding food by banging on the house or trying to open the doors? That HAS happened. If it's me when I go into the woods in Tennessee laate this summer, if we see one we will let it be and not try to make friends or feed it or in any way try to communicate. 

I like that picture, Rockape......whatever it is. I see a face on it. Which doesn't mean anything since I see faces everywhere. ;)

RA_zpsjydmgfkv.jpg

Now you may want to laugh at this

But what I see in the upper right hand corner of the photo is a head/face wearing a Mexican style hat

I know that is not what is there but that is the shape I see

• Upvote 1

That's Fiesta Squatch. Generally harmless and fun loving. Do not give them tequila. If you do, don't make eye contact or let him catch you checking out his señorita squatch.

In all honesty, the discussion of dangerous Sasquatch makes me wonder about varieties. It's bugged me for a long while why the beast of Boggy Creek didn't fit the BF profile. Long and lean, never seeming over 7' in height. The stooping posture and hair description made me think it was not the same as Patty. It was almost always violent as well. I was going to mention this in the Dogman thread, but it was closed.

YOU say there was all of this animosity, I don't know but maybe there was, I don't know but what I DO know is I do NOT CHOOSE to look at the so-called bad that other people like you seem to like to focus on. Haven't you ever made any mistakes in your life? Do you not have any regrets for things you have done or said? Haven't you ever hurt another person? Have any ex's? What I am basing my assessment on the "WEIGHT OF THE EVIDENCE" as it were is the fact that a few of these guys are actually trying to HELP PEOPLE by driving over to their houses at all hours of the night, when their husbands are away, to give them protection and comfort from the scary creatures that you say don't exist.

Who could it be then, banging on the side of the houses? Tapping on their windows summoning them to come? Who is 7 feet tall and can get a suit that can move like a real creature at 3 in the morning? Scaring old ladies, little children and young ladies half to death? Is it just their imagination? You need to get real with yourself, because any person who denies that these things are happening and what it is that is causing them to happen is not being honest with themselves nor any of us here on this forum. Me? I choose to associate with people who look for the good in others, people who HELP their fellow man. I don't know you, but maybe you should do a little more forgiving and a lot more research and maybe we can have a discussion a civil discussion-or maybe not, or maybe more people will just continue to send more messages to Michele complaining about what they perceive to be me breaking rules and what *I* consider to be attacks against me-there's your proof-the countless warnings that I have garnered in the few days that I have been here from _______ people.

I am far from perfect however

When I have wronged someone, I try to make a mends

When someone makes false allegations against someone, and years later those posts are still on their website for all to see, then they are standing by their statements

If they had posted a retraction, then I would say fine good for you

But to my knowledge they haven't, and as shown by this thread their comments are still posted on their site

Imo good people try to make amends for their mistakes, not ignore them (if in fact they have had a change of heart)

As for getting real or being honest with myself, who do you think you are to tell me that I am not honest with myself

I am dead honest with myself, and apparently my lack of research was still enough to tell you about events your friends were involved in that you didn't know about

Edited by MagniAesir
  • Upvote 1

Guest SoFla

No, I knew I just wasn't sure until I read the rules on whether or not I had a case that could be made, the next question though is; how do you know what's in my personal conversations, or are you just taking a wild guess? So you 'say' you're good people and you make "a mends"(sic) when you say something that YOU consider as "wronging somebody. As far as I have come to understand it the whole principle behind making amends is to find your part in the offense, and to express regret and ask for forgiveness. Apparently telling people to go and smoke killer drugs or making foolish comments about others' parents don't seem to register in your moral code book.

When you're ready to get honest with yourself about the way you so flippantly toss out hurtful words and suggestions, well you'll find that I too consider myself as "good people" (as Rockape has come to see). In the meantime I won't be taking your inventory, or discussing any of this any further-especially publically .  

Really when did I mention killer drugs or other people's parents

And where did I even mention a private conversation that you may have had

I have no idea on what your last post is about

• 1 month later...

I would hope that it would come to a mutual respect.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIekhk4NDA4&feature=player_detailpage

Just like the ending of this movie. Yes ,I would be in tears too knowing what I did. In the movie he shot this animal for the good of the species so that it would not be hunted no more. The people hunting these animal were these Rich investors, trophy hunters I believe but am not sure since I only seen the ending.

I seen that ending and how that creature looked at the hunter and bowed down, like saying "take me I am yours now" then he shot. At first I thought for sure that he would let it walk, but no he took the shot with out thought. Clean shot and then he took the animals ashes and spread it among the wilderness, that I thought was cool.

Kind a of makes me wonder if I am ever presented with a shot. Will I be able to take that shot like what this actor did in this movie. I have practice so much on live deer when they have come in. But have never shot at them, they were not the size I was looking for. Then I wondered that maybe these deer were sent in by them to size me up. To see the type of person I was and how I would react.The truth I have always stayed calm with the deer even when I aimed on them and drew back on bow to practice. But a Bigfoot well that could cause one to have that buck fever when that one gets when that big buck comes in for a draw. 

I wish I could have seen this movie from the beginning. It would have been nice  to have seen the whole movie. :)

I'm like 99% in line with Ted Nugent and other hunters and hunter rights advocacy groups like SCI. Sport hunters especially rich ones do more for conservation of the species than anyone else. They spend tens of thousands of dollars and turn their noses up at most of the animals shown to them. Only record book trophies are good enough to shoot.

As for remorse of shooting an Ape? Absolutely. I think the great Apes are cool and you could not give me a Gorilla hunt. But I think proving the species exists is more noble than allowing them to remain in the paranormal sub forum of the ISF.

• Upvote 1