So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

Guest Crowlogic

It's that vegan diet she's on. here Leaftalker, have a Snickers. you're not yourself when you're hungry.

You're a nice person, Rockape. And thanks, I'd love a Snickers.            

Looks like LT was emphasizing what she said, but I don't know, maybe I need a Snickers too.

You're 100% correct, so I don't think you do..... 

Your walking around in the woods with a gun?

Why is that wrong ? Should I be reported ? :)

No. But you might have to start carrying some Snickers bars to hand out to people, too..... I think it works! (For some people, anyway.)

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

Are the snickers bars for the little green fellows or the biggies? I forget!?

And dont forget to button your snickers up tight BEFORE entering the portal! No telling where that snickers bar might end up! Doh! I hate that when that happens!

Your walking around in the woods with a gun?

And with a kid...

t.

Yes, Terry  my son who is responsible with a 12 gauge  who is 12 turning 13. Why is that wrong?:) Why not throw the snickers in the portal and see what Get thrown back. Better yet why not step into the portal and see where you all might end up. Who knows you all might end up like a melted snickers that came out of the rear end of portal a** hole. But then again I do not specialize in this nor do I specialize in picking up human oops I mean bigfoot poo either. I rather see the real thing but that's my choice and a choice I like to take like a nice shot of corn whiskey that is well over 100. Just enough to run a automobile , you know where it goes down real smooth. Feel kinda of evil today enough to F*ck with people but then again what will that do , wild you people all up so that you can all talk big on how you all going to hunt this creature down when you cannot even get close to it. In all these years I have seen people come and go on this site and talk and nothing have come out of what they have said. Maybe some have given up and others do not want to admit that some of us are right about our approach on encountering this creature.   

Don't Bogart, pass over here.

I do not understand by what you mean? But If I have bogart as you say it is that maybe I have earned my right to do so. I have been with the BFF since 2000 when the BFF1.0 or what ever it was when Bibto was still on here at the same time the one that we are not to speak off was on here who has passed on to a new life. I just do not have a credit card otherwise I be a member here. Then you guys can truly rip on me but just remember of the saying that says " what you sow is what you reap" I have no problem tangling back at you all. A lot of the stuff that has been going on this site would have never been allowed back then on BFF1.0 and back then you really needed to defend you position  or should I say that you really needed to defend your sighting. So this forum has become relaxed with people reporting their sightings. But I do not want to give out secrets of why the gauntlet on this forum, but it did have it's purpose and was used to weed out the fakery within the forum. This forum has the capabilities to weed out the false substance from the true. But D*m it to Hell Michigan how Love this site. This is a great place to hang out and just read what a lot of other knowledgeable people have to say. There so many great people here  and that I wish that maybe some day I could meet the people here who enjoy this subject.  You have no idea on how I am rooting for a body on a slab, I would do it but I have certain things that must be met before I will be willing to place a bullet in one of these creatures. I do not care what anyone else says that we do not need a body but it is wrong.to not go after a body. If they do not exist then how is it wrong to shoot one even if they are proven to be ancient human, We will never know until one is shot.:)

Guest Crowlogic

When I read habituator stories where the messenger is matter of factually speaking of bigfoot as a definite being and one they have mastered encountering  on a regular basis I consider two possibilities.  The first and less flattering possibility is that they are outright lying or mistaken.  The second possibility is that they truly believe what they are saying to the point that they speak of it as if it were actually as they say.  Of this second group there is no simple way of telling them that what they say is nonsense since in their own mind the events are as real as daily life.  But it needs to be addressed that there are people who say all kinds of fanciful things that are without substance yet they believe their own words to their core.  To them it's real.  However each and every extraordinary claim of extraordinary circumstance needs to be weighed against the backdrop of the know realities connected to the extraordinary claim.  In bigfootism the known history is one of no verified repeat encounters with physical evidence to back those repeated encounters up.  But there is no solid biological evidence whatsoever to back up even the non repeat encounters.  The odds and history of this thing weigh heavily against any type of habituation so the issue appears to be either one of fabrication or one of mental construct.  The end result is nothing to substantiate the claims which is perfectly in keeping with the history and in perfect keeping that one or the other are the two possibilities concerning habituation.

Celtic Raider - not sure why / how I can't reply directly to your post.  You asked:

>>

Interesting post Hammer, just wondering if you could concisely describe what you were witness to. Was it only sounds or did you see a creature you thought was a sasquatch? Did you see any tracks or signs? How many times disi you have experiences and where they all at night?

Thanks! 

<<

I see that there are posts to this topic, where to start, and I saw your question.

May 14, 2013, saw a big black thing jump over the road TR 211 near Nashville, Ohio.  Makes not sense to me, until I read another report from the area.  I thought it was a SSQ, but in Ohio?  Really??

Two weeks later, on Memorial Day 2013 at 0136, or 0138, we heard what I think was a bigfoot unload on us twice vocally.  It buried us is the only way I can describe the sound.  My brother-in-law let out this massive screech out of nowhere, and it came back to us.  I looked at him and said, "That just didn't happen, did it?"  He let another awesome screech from his frustrated soul, rip.  What we heard, I will never forget.  I had to get out of the camp chair and let the tears and the nervous laugh go.  I said to my brother-in-law, 'You called IT! "  "We heard it!"  "We were together!"  "Either someone is messing with us, or THAT was a Sasquatch."  

We had been screwing around with youtube stuff earlier in the day.  What do we know?  What is this and is it on youtube?  Laughing now, but it was WAY SERIOUS then.  Our distant neighbors were not out.  It was 35 degrees at 1:30 am.  They would have had to have a recording cued up to play exactly when Barry screeched out of the blue.  We had been quiet for at least 20 minutes when he let it rip.  I laughed, good one Barry!    Yeah, didn't laugh when it came back.  Was stunned and looking at him, "that didn't just happen!"  He let another big call rip immediately after that, OH MY, my head is spinning.  I didn't have but a few seconds to think about it when the sound that came back louder, that went on for, what seemed like a LONG time, was a sound that was so huge.  It screeched then unloaded whatever was in its lungs and trailed off.      My whole mind blew off of my head at that moment.

A month ago, I had a BFRO friend ask me the question, "When did you believe?"  I immediately replied, it was that moment, when it howled back at us.  It sounded pissed off.  But I was laughing, with tears coming down my face, having to get off of the camp chair to absorb the energy.  THAT is the moment that I knew for sure that what I saw was a SSQ, that the other story less than a mile from us was real, that the investigator was right talking about "several sightiings in your area in the past six months."  The family had been making fun of me, and here I was with one of them, he called it, we heard it and we were together.  It was WAY REAL for me then.  It was confirmed.  This stuff was real.    WOW

Sorry, you asked me to be concise.  I didn't get off of the porch for a month and a half after that.  It was one thing to see it a few miles down the road from here, but to hear it on top of us? ?   I stayed on the porch.

Mid summer, I got off the porch, I couldn't stand it anymore.  It's a once in a lifetime thing they said, don't get the fever, it's all good.

Then the weekend before Labor Day, after we opened a new camp area for the annual canoe trip that we were hosting at our place for the first time, not of the river, a city girl friend of my sister-in-law camps with us, and who knows nothing about bigfoot, to make a long story short, saw it in our freeking back yard.  Her report is on BFRO as well for Holmes County, Ohio.  

Now, I'm really freaked out.  Didn't get off the porch again for a month an a half.  I blew up my investigator's phone, and woke up my husband when trees would go down, or I would hear knocks.  I'm sure I had BF Fever.  I get that.  

Some other things started happening as I was trying to pretend that it's whatever and rare.  

Trees would break when I was just chilling.  It made me jump and run upstairs.  OK, I know now that the Sumac trees we have here are at the end of their lifecycle.  I had never heard trees break before.

Before that I heard knocks.  I had never heard knocks here before.  I would spend a lot of time outside at night, (I had the summer off and previously worked half a week in Cleveland, or worked at our business that we have with software programming).  Since 1999, I spent a lot of time outside, happy to be out of the city and I was queen of our little 18 acres.  Then it all changed.  I believed, knew that I wasn't the only one out here.

So, if the sighting, the howl, the investigator reports, and not the internet confirmations in Ohio weren't enough to convince me, something hit the house 3 times that sent the lazy cat off the couch where I was, or in the bed where I lay.

We never found a rock or a dent.  My husband slept through it, but the cat didn't, and neither did I.  Now I was starting to think it was personal.  

THEN, one night, early evening, I heard BIG FOOT FALLS close to me as I had my back to the old apple tree where a lot of deer go.  But this sounded way different.  It stopped just over my right shoulder against the house and I could hear it breathing, not to mention what I was feeling.  I was paralyzed.  This wasn't happening, get a grip.  I just picked up my computer and backed into the house and didn't come out for two days.  

If I raised my right hand, from my low hanging chair, short waisted person that I am, it would have been over 7 feet that i heard the heavy breathing.  The foot falls were not deer.

That's when I told my husband that we had to sell the house, it wasn't fun anymore.  If I can't even go out into the yard, and now, I can't even sit on the porch, this sucks, we're out.  That was the whole point of moving here, that it was beautiful, remote and majestic.  I knew that we weren't the only ones that thought so.  

I was fine with hanging together, sort of, trying to get used to the idea.  Ok, I get it.  I'm an open minded Dead Head, old enough to be secure in myself and my life, but this stuff has to stop.  I don't care what it is, we live here too.  I had to make a stand.

Then it all stopped.  

It was about the same time I got an audio recorder.  It was my security blanket.  I tried to learn as much as I could.  I don't know what these beings are, all I know is that I have them in my back yard, and I'm starting to take it personally.  What was I supposed to do?  

I don't know, been trying to figure it out ever since.  

So does that answer you question my Irish friend?  

I don't think I was concise.  But that's how it happened.

I have had two significant knock things happen since then.  Ahhh, is it worth it to go into the strange light thing on the hill, or the freaky scary experience in Salt Fork?  

Except for 3 weeks ago, when I felt free having decided not to record this season and take the pressure off, did I hear a massive power knock, that would have recorded.  Laughing.  See?  Either I missed an opportunity, or it was coming back the freedom not to care.

That's where I'm at now.  

Bigfooism is at a crossroads it is drifting into woo and drifting off the radar in general.  If ever there was a time for that needed shot in the arm to revive it and get science on the track this is the time.  So Habituators you seem to be holding the most cards perhaps it's time to show your hands.

I'm happy to share my knock recordings. I have here before.  Like my husband said, unless you saw it hit the tree, how do you know it came from a Sasquatch?  The investigator said, "Everything you are trying to do, has already been done before."  I heard Dr. Meldum say in Ohio last year, something along the lines of, if it doesn't advance the science, then it's not worth it.  

Can I have that recorder handy, and hear the howl I heard if it happens again, I hope so. That would be cool to catch, Maybe I don't have enough patience like my trusted guy said, but I am tired of chasing it.  I think it has more pitfalls than if I don't chase it.

All speculation and opinion.  Just saying.

Can I have that recorder handy, and hear the howl I heard if it happens again, I hope so. That would be cool to catch, Maybe I don't have enough patience like my trusted guy said, but I am tired of chasing it.  I think it has more pitfalls than if I don't chase it

Hammer

It is when you are not chasing  it that when it happens . The more you ignore the more it wants your intention. Hammer, I always thought that you were ok with them coming around your place? But from what I read above it seems that you are bothered by them or more fear full of them.  This worries me in a way that some thing must have gone wrong in your area and that these creatures are angry but have moved on.

Habbers will stay silent only for the protection of their property and their family, these creatures do not need our protection. But if you offer them food or what ever they are not going to leave as long there is food for the taking, and you can call it a bribe or what ever. One reason I was never permitted on property of habbers was due to the fact that I was not going to be on their land with a creature that is larger then myself without being armed. Whether I was armed with bear spray or my pistol either way I was not permitted on their land. This is why I had to learn a different route  and a strange route. But if you Hammer are up to the challenge then you should test this challenge if you are not easly spooked. It might ease your tension some on your land to a point that you can actually walk with them around you. They can either be your enemies or your best friends, they can be your best protection on your land that you can ever have. It just takes the right actions on your part but you have to place your fears aside. Just some suggestions. and yes I know that others have helped. Try to ask them to leave you some thing when the are around, why should it be that we have to leave them some thing to prove that it is them. It should be the other way around cause it worked for me. Beside I am not going to feed them for free the big guy in the sky already does this for them. I do not have the funding to feed them constantly to keep them the size they are, I have my own family to feed.

I'm glad to hear things are back to normal. I don't mean to come off as some gun nut but strap on a 357 pistol if you can't enjoy your yard. Being armed is necessary to keep criminals away too. A few shots in a target weekly, and bigfoot will stay away. Install motion detector lights.

Before that I heard knocks.  I had never heard knocks here before.  I would spend a lot of time outside at night, (I had the summer off and previously worked half a week in Cleveland, or worked at our business that we have with software programming).  Since 1999, I spent a lot of time outside, happy to be out of the city and I was queen of our little 18 acres.  Then it all changed.  I believed, knew that I wasn't the only one out here.

You could build a fenced yard with, and keep a large dog in it so you can have some peace of mind while looking at the stars. I really don't want bigfoots coming in too close and besides there are probably cougars around. Seems like Bigfoot knows how to get on ones nerves and does this on purpose. They might resent their land being developed so they cause fear and havock at times. Build a high feeding station for them away from the home.

So, if the sighting, the howl, the investigator reports, and not the internet confirmations in Ohio weren't enough to convince me, something hit the house 3 times that sent the lazy cat off the couch where I was, or in the bed where I lay.

We never found a rock or a dent.  My husband slept through it, but the cat didn't, and neither did I.  Now I was starting to think it was personal.  

THEN, one night, early evening, I heard BIG FOOT FALLS close to me as I had my back to the old apple tree where a lot of deer go.  But this sounded way different.  It stopped just over my right shoulder against the house and I could hear it breathing, not to mention what I was feeling.  I was paralyzed.  This wasn't happening, get a grip.  I just picked up my computer and backed into the house and didn't come out for two days.  

How far from you were the foot falls?

I have had two significant knock things happen since then.  Ahhh, is it worth it to go into the strange light thing on the hill, or the freaky scary experience in Salt Fork?  

Please tell about these two incidents.

YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 24

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Holmes County

LOCATION DETAILS: Private property near the intersection of CR 22 and TR 211

NEAREST TOWN: Nashville

NEAREST ROAD: County Rd 22

OBSERVED: I saw a shadow of a beast, about 50 feet away from the edge of the field.... It was around 9:47pm and a few people went away from our camp fire to an open field to see the milky way. A dense fog had appeared over the higher field flowers and tall grass behind our camp site. As we were gazing up, I took time quietly to assess the landscape just under and to the left of my view of the big dipper, and over the fog in the open field. My eyes had adjusted to the night and a shadowy figure of a huge being started to appear. It was dark against the fog. It was in the middle of the field and looked to be standing, leaning forward on its left leg. There were no trees casting a shadow, there were no lights to cast a shadow.

It gives me goosebumps to explain it. I was alarmed but was afraid that my friends were playing a joke on me, because it was my first time at the farm, to camp with them. I have been camping before and nothing has ever scared me other than spiders. I tried to point out what I was seeing. I didn't yell, but firmly asked people to look at that and ask what is that?. But they couldn't see what I was pointing at. It seemed that nobody was paying attention to me. At that time I decided to leave the group and head back to the fire out of my own fear and wanting to feel safe. They followed me, I felt a little bad I left my friends but they didn't seem alarmed and were actually wanting an encounter. We sat by the fire and heard coyotes howling, for about 5 minutes then they abruptly stopped. I was afraid to go to bed until my tent buddy went with me. I kept my feelings to myself because I didn't want to the butt of a joke, but I know what I saw.

Edited by georgerm

Well I sympathize with you.  Several times I've tried pointing something out in the near dark but no one can zero it.

Even if not a BF could have been anyone hanging around.

Shadowborn, I do not fear them now, only respect them.

I had a big old post going that took a long time to type here outside in the cold spring night in Ohio.  It went poof, gone.  Probably a good thing. Sometimes it happens that way when I tell specifics.

So here's something for your Ohio enthusiasts, Marc DeWerth is giving a talk at the Holmes County Library in Millersburg Ohio on Friday April 15th at 7pm.  You  have to call them and register.  It's free.  It's going to be great.  Stay at the Mohican State Park in the first come, first served by the covered bridge for the last place they were seen, or go to Uncle John's Cabins where they were seen before, or stay in luxury at Landoll's Castle.  Jim Landoll was on the same FBF episode with me.  PM me if you are in town and I can direct you to a great cook out and camp night for free.  

I just want people to experience what has been going on in Ohio.  We share information freely, we all get along, we all respect each other, we tolerate each other's warts, try not to get into turf battles.  There's just good stuff going on here with BFRO research, and people are cool, and honest, and real, and in the right situations, will tell you histories of bigfoots in Ohio.  I'm just learning, but I'm not a newbie anymore.  Just as a warning though, if you think you can trespass, people around here have guns.  Just saying, be safe and respectful.  

If you truly want to know what's going on, go local.  

I just heard a solid report from Salt Fork from this past Saturday.  

Mohican has a lot going on too.

By the way, Jim Landoll's son just died due to an illness.   Respect to him for his loss.  

Jim Landoll is a cool guy.  Bobo loved him in the FBF. My husband and I hung with Jim and his sons after the town hall taping. His sons are the ones that talked him into telling his story.  He didn't want to. He had a hellava sighting.  I saw him in a local place on our way down to the 2015 Ohio Bigfoot Conference.  I gave him a hug, laughing about how the last time we saw eaclh other was the FBF event.  I had known him from the local American Legion in Loudonville long before bigfoot showed up in our Mohican Valley in 2013.   It's a good reminder to call Jim Landoll and his family to come to the bigfoot talk in Millersburg, April 15th.  I need to give him my condolences.  This could be a good time to get him out of his castle. 

I totally believe Jim Landoll.  He may be a little eccentric, but he's true blue.  When I saw him at the Amish grocery store and we talked about being on FBF, he told me the whole story again.  I believe his story and it was happening at the same time.  We live a few miles from him.  Maybe it was the same one?  

I asked him if he had any action since then.  He told me that, at that time, May of 2015, that about twice a month, he has had something hitting his house.   Hmmm.  Sounds familiar.  

Here's to all Ohio people who learn to fly.  God bless us every one.

Foo Fighters - Learning to Fly

Edited by Hammer102492

When I read habituator stories where the messenger is matter of factually speaking of bigfoot as a definite being and one they have mastered encountering  on a regular basis I consider two possibilities.  The first and less flattering possibility is that they are outright lying or mistaken.  The second possibility is that they truly believe what they are saying to the point that they speak of it as if it were actually as they say.  Of this second group there is no simple way of telling them that what they say is nonsense since in their own mind the events are as real as daily life.  But it needs to be addressed that there are people who say all kinds of fanciful things that are without substance yet they believe their own words to their core.  To them it's real.  However each and every extraordinary claim of extraordinary circumstance needs to be weighed against the backdrop of the know realities connected to the extraordinary claim.  In bigfootism the known history is one of no verified repeat encounters with physical evidence to back those repeated encounters up.  But there is no solid biological evidence whatsoever to back up even the non repeat encounters.  The odds and history of this thing weigh heavily against any type of habituation so the issue appears to be either one of fabrication or one of mental construct.  The end result is nothing to substantiate the claims which is perfectly in keeping with the history and in perfect keeping that one or the other are the two possibilities concerning habituation.

This might be true for those who have never had an up-close sighting for more than a few seconds. My sighting was two seconds and still wonder if it was real.

Georgerm -  three times I tried to respond to your questions.  I should have posted it.  It disappeared, probably due to my keyboard mouse pad.  

Do I do this a 4th time?  

Saw a flash of light on the hill into a warm glow that lasted 20 seconds on a beautiful night February 2014.  Owl catching the moonlight?

The BFRO story you posted happened in our back yard.  I didn't see it, but I saw how she reacted.  Kills me that we didn't pay more attention.  Now it's in our back yard.

Salt Fork my buddy and I got surprised and were surrounded.  He saw it in his night vision.  I saw two green lights.  Big stuff was moving all around us.  HE SAW IT in his night vision!  I texted the BFRO investigator friend, she and the crew showed up 15 minutes later.  One heard a knock when they were coming down Gibson Path to rescue me.  I could hardly type the letters my hands were shaking.  I can't even tell you what it was like feeling that I could actually die at that moment.  I felt very small.   My friend Robert didn't like that I blazed his night vision with my head lamp, but that's all I could do.  

If I type any more, it will probably disappear.  

If you want more details, let me know.

Georgerm -  three times I tried to respond to your questions.  I should have posted it.  It disappeared, probably due to my keyboard mouse pad.  

Do I do this a 4th time?  

Saw a flash of light on the hill into a warm glow that lasted 20 seconds on a beautiful night February 2014.  Owl catching the moonlight?

The BFRO story you posted happened in our back yard.  I didn't see it, but I saw how she reacted.  Kills me that we didn't pay more attention.  Now it's in our back yard.

Salt Fork my buddy and I got surprised and were surrounded.  He saw it in his night vision.  I saw two green lights.  Big stuff was moving all around us.  HE SAW IT in his night vision!  I texted the BFRO investigator friend, she and the crew showed up 15 minutes later.  One heard a knock when they were coming down Gibson Path to rescue me.  I could hardly type the letters my hands were shaking.  I can't even tell you what it was like feeling that I could actually die at that moment.  I felt very small.   My friend Robert didn't like that I blazed his night vision with my head lamp, but that's all I could do.  

If I type any more, it will probably disappear.  

If you want more details, let me know.

Thanks Hammer. Sometimes I type and post it, then go to edit and add more.  This way it won't all disappear.

Being surrounded sounds awful. You must have wandered too close to a den.