So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

Guest Crowlogic

It's gotta be unnerving to say the least! Running' s not really a viable option unless they are purposely directing you in one direction..but to what end? I'd think the 911 books would flash though the mind at some point or another...is that when you start singing to them while sporting your best dance moves?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.  Just wanted to drop in with a Mohican Update.  Habbers do share.  I trust that you all will respect the information.  

1)  March 8, 2016 0245 - Power knock from the back field / hill.  Hadn't heard anything since July 2015.  It came on the night I decided not to record.

2)  April 15, 2016 0115 - I heard 3 medium strength Ohio howls. Can't believe I heard that. If someone was messing around, at 1:15 in the morning, they would have had to hike quite a ways into the forest to do that, but I doubt it. I don't talk about bf to our immediate, (far away ish) neighbors.  We just wave as they go by.  There is a house on that side of the valley.  I have spent years trying to learn how sound travels in this valley.  Anyway, it was amazing to hear.  I was dying that I didn't have the recorder going on the front porch.  If I were on the front porch, it would have been unreal to hear from that vantage point.  It didn't have to be loud to be heard.  That's the best way I can describe it.  The first howl came to life, my first thought was that the coyotes were starting up, but it was a single howl that cranked up, kind of like Bobo does, and with that siren thing, but it wasn't strong.  It had a higher tone.  15 seconds and another one goes.  Longer in duration, a little louder.  I'm freaking at this point.  Just frozen, listening, no chance to record it.  At this point I know what it is, unless someone is out there making calls.  No way.  There it goes again, the third howl, shorter and less intense.  To me, I can only guess, but it sounded like "hey, you out here?"  Then, "HEY you ooooouuuut here?"  Then "i wish you were out here."   But who knows, that's just whatever trying to think about why they do what they do.

At the bigfoot lecture that night, a woman came forward and described the EXACT same 3 howls.  She heard it in February.  They live 2 miles or less away from us as the crow flies across the river.  So cool to hear what she said being asked by Marc DeWerth, BFRO Ohio.  He had heard my account earlier in the day.  Then to hear hers, was awesome confirmation.  

3)  April 16, 2016 late afternoon mushroom hunting POWER KNOCK when we walked into a forest behind us

I learned that it is good to have a recorder going when you can because, I missed the howls.  Spent all that time to get howls on tape, or to hear another one, and I decide it's a good idea not to record, take the pressure off.  Then BAM!  I heard howls.  Maybe taking the pressure off helped the feel of the place, or maybe it was just a stupid idea.  

Recorder is back on.

Enjoy Spring everybody!  :)

Thanks,
Hammer
  • Upvote 1

A storm is rolling in.  Have to go pick up the recorder.  

I love cool weather.  

Guest DWA

WHY SHOULD THEY give 'scientists' the time of day?  Were I a habituator, I suspect I might not want to myself.

It's just like the way I feel about skeptics given my thorough grasp of the evidence.  They can think what they want.  I am here trying to help them learn how to think about this out of nothing more than the goodness of my heart and the spirit of fun.  If they don't want to get up to speed, it's not on me.

Why should a habituator bring a bunch of know-nothings onto his land to mess it up; mess his rapport and trust with his hairy buddies up...then take all the credit?  I suspect I'd just be watching Greybeard toss down whole Cornish game hens, of which he can hold four in each hand and boy it's worth it to me to buy them for him, and laughing at all those think-they're-so-gd-smart 'scientists.' 

When are the scoftics gonna figure this out:  get no respect, give none?

Guest Crowlogic

^Or more simply put why open the door to something that's going to discredit the habber.  Did you notice that habbers are either 100% discredited or 100% without substantiation?  Habitation is the ultimate claim that can be made in Woods & Wildmen.  However it,  like all lofty perches,  results in a rough landing.  Habber MO, wave the flag beat the drum just enough to keep em interested but not too interested.

Guest DWA

So?

Just like people who haven't seen one.  They're proof it isn't real?  Neither is a hoax.

Gotta learn how to think about this stuff, Crow.  Once again:  plenty of good reasons why habbers don't want attention.  Until all have been factually debunked, who is *anyone* to say, particularly as we do similar things with known primates?

....Until all have been factually debunked....

Explain please....

And then describe a plan for following through on the "debunked" process.

Guest DWA

Somebody says he's habituating.  You ask to come there and see for yourself.  He allows you to...and....

See, truth be told, this just isn't an area I'm too interested in.  I'd expect skeptical scientists, though, to be able to connect the dots, fill in the details, and do this themselves.  If they aren't interested, and the evidence has convinced me...well....why should I care...?

Really, if scientists can't be *completely utterly flat convinced* based on evidence that is publicly available that either the animal is real or the full-time commitment of time and money isn't imperative...than what can anyone do about this other than set out to convince himself?

Which is what I've done.  If any habituators have...good on them.  I'm not gonna go 'round demanding the goods from them, when they have every right to laugh as hard at me as the skeptics are laughing at them.

Right...?

Edited by DWA

I'm sure there's a response in there somewhere....Your first sentence insults everyone's intelligence. Thank you for being obtuse.

• Upvote 1

Guest DWA

I don't care.  If no one else wants to do the work, that is on them, and not me.

I'd say that the incuriosity of way too many on here is an insult to *my* intelligence.  No one gets to be spoon-fed.  Particularly when they are shown the work, by someone who has done it****, and their responses...are like yours.

I am continually astounded by the number of people here who think their opinion on this, expressed like that, matters to me.

Oh.  You meant "abstruse."  (Only I'm not.  I gave a very clear answer, direct and to the point as always.  Pretending not to understand plain English, not too cool there.)

It's too many *others* on here who are being "obtuse."

****i.e., BEEN SPOON-FED, MULTIPLE TIMES

Edited by DWA

You make little sense. Making it sound like you're the only one who's done the work makes even less sense. It's as if you just walked onto this Forum and read nothing. Insulting other's intelligence is the best and only game you've got. Go ahead...put me on ignore.... I would consider it an honor.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Actually, hiflier, in this case DWA makes perfect sense ... and nobody has been insulted.

Debunked ... go through each and every habituation claim one by one and investigate them either validating or invalidating them one at a time rather than making broad-brush nonsensical summarizations based on ... doing nothing.    When every single habituation claim has been individually, thoroughly, investigated, THEN the claims **to date** can be discounted, 'til then, the science has not been done by the so-called scientists.   Thing is, checking the ones in the past does not have any value so far as evaluating the ones in the future.   **It only takes one.**   The others can be hoaxes, doesn't matter, one proof positive **is** proof positive.

If you want to debunk habituation ... get started.   If that's what you want, then it's up to you to go do the work.    Otherwise .. silence is appropriate.   Not frequent, but appropriate.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Actually, hiflier, in this case DWA makes perfect sense ... and nobody has been insulted.

....go through each and every habituation claim one by one and investigate them either validating or invalidating them one at a time......When every single habituation claim has been individually, thoroughly, investigated.....Otherwise .. silence is appropriate....

MIB

How can I keep silent when I'm too busy laughing? In light of what I've been reading on this Forum for the last nearly four years your comments make no sense either. I'm a bit taken aback actually because you are usually much, much smarter about such matters.  

Guest Crowlogic

It's pretty clear that habbers aren't coming forward and more often than not their responses are consigned to none of your business, It's all mine, I don't have to, find one yourself, must protect my clan, all science will do is hurt them.  While there might be remote truth to some of the worries they seem more like a rational for keeping the seekers of their truth at bay.  So asking them isn't going to produce advancement and that's pretty much how the song goes.