So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

Guest Crowlogic

Maybe I am ... maybe you've talked yourself out of the right answer.  :)

The simple fact is you can't disprove habituation, all you can do, if that's what you wish, is become jaded, cynical, and Crowlogic will call you mini-me.  

I'm looking into habituations but from another angle: I'm looking for one that is real, I'm not looking to prove the final one is not.   It takes as long as it takes.   I'm having decent success making contact with people.   But it takes time.   I don't think BFF, with the snark and cynicism and rush to prove, is the place to meet those people.   You have to find them out in the real world.  You have to go slow, respect boundaries, be real, be authentic, and still pass muster.   People who are failing probably can't see in the mirror clearly enough to know why they fail so they have to make excuses even up to the point of denying the existence of the thing they think they are looking for.  Ironic. 

Or something like that.   Rambling, I guess.

MIB

• Upvote 2

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I'm habituating to the same planet, as is my habit.

The best approach would be to get kidnapped and adopted, (if they don't eat you, first).

Imagine the knowledge you could gain.

They seem to prefer Native American teenage girls that are a bit chubby and nice and cuddly.

Perhaps because they are more tender and chewy or due to the procreative instincts of Sasquatch males, is my guesses.

The best approach would be to get kidnapped and adopted

You know in my camper in the woods I would sleep on the floor away from the windows. In my truck I could not sleep near the tree line but in the open, but always felt vulnerable. Strange feeling to have afterwards. But yes that could be one approach with a gps and a survival pact on your person, as well as a good HD camera. But who is up for that tender lovin,  anyhow if anything we hope that they spit us out if we ever get taken. :) 

Which is what I've done.  If any habituators have...good on them.  I'm not gonna go 'round demanding the goods from them, when they have every right to laugh as hard at me as the skeptics are laughing at them.

DWA

It always seems to fit or should I say work both ways does it not? the Habbers and the Skeptics both get a laugh, Both winning in a battle that never even started yet they laugh. It is kind a funny I think since it is over some thing that is not suppose to exist but does. Yet the argument continues! Habbers 0 skeptics 0 It's a tie !

Did you notice that habbers are either 100% discredited or 100% without substantiation?

This is an inaccurate statement as are most absolutist declarations. Whether it is willful or due to a lack of knowledge, I cannot say, but it's almost like you're building a straw man.

• Upvote 2

Hi.  Just wanted to drop in with a Mohican Update.  Habbers do share.  I trust that you all will respect the information.  

1)  March 8, 2016 0245 - Power knock from the back field / hill.  Hadn't heard anything since July 2015.  It came on the night I decided not to record.

2)  April 15, 2016 0115 - I heard 3 medium strength Ohio howls. Can't believe I heard that. If someone was messing around, at 1:15 in the morning, they would have had to hike quite a ways into the forest to do that, but I doubt it. I don't talk about bf to our immediate, (far away ish) neighbors.  We just wave as they go by.  There is a house on that side of the valley.  I have spent years trying to learn how sound travels in this valley.  Anyway, it was amazing to hear.  I was dying that I didn't have the recorder going on the front porch.  If I were on the front porch, it would have been unreal to hear from that vantage point.  It didn't have to be loud to be heard.  That's the best way I can describe it.  The first howl came to life, my first thought was that the coyotes were starting up, but it was a single howl that cranked up, kind of like Bobo does, and with that siren thing, but it wasn't strong.  It had a higher tone.  15 seconds and another one goes.  Longer in duration, a little louder.  I'm freaking at this point.  Just frozen, listening, no chance to record it.  At this point I know what it is, unless someone is out there making calls.  No way.  There it goes again, the third howl, shorter and less intense.  To me, I can only guess, but it sounded like "hey, you out here?"  Then, "HEY you ooooouuuut here?"  Then "i wish you were out here."   But who knows, that's just whatever trying to think about why they do what they do.

At the bigfoot lecture that night, a woman came forward and described the EXACT same 3 howls.  She heard it in February.  They live 2 miles or less away from us as the crow flies across the river.  So cool to hear what she said being asked by Marc DeWerth, BFRO Ohio.  He had heard my account earlier in the day.  Then to hear hers, was awesome confirmation.  

3)  April 16, 2016 late afternoon mushroom hunting POWER KNOCK when we walked into a forest behind us

I learned that it is good to have a recorder going when you can because, I missed the howls.  Spent all that time to get howls on tape, or to hear another one, and I decide it's a good idea not to record, take the pressure off.  Then BAM!  I heard howls.  Maybe taking the pressure off helped the feel of the place, or maybe it was just a stupid idea.  

Recorder is back on.

Enjoy Spring everybody!   :)

Thanks,
Hammer

Thanks for the updates Hammer.

Sounds like the river between yourselves and the woman who also heard the Howls might be a place of interest. Might be a good place to try and observe and a likely place for things like footprints.

Might be worth checking if there are any deer or other animal trails leading to the river, that would be a prime location to witness potential activity if such trails exist.

Hammer

Do you feel like you are some what scared by them? Just asking and kinda of wondering as well? Some times it is good to walk out in their area during the daylight so that they can pick up on your scent. If it worries you, go armed there is nothing wrong with that and them. They are massive scary creatures so what can we expect, and if nothing happens you gain a heck of a lot of info. The info is what is important for you, to live with them and see why they act the way they do.

Who knows maybe this is what they want from you, for you to learn some thing from them. Maybe this is there way of them saying that " hey people we are back in your area " who knows what they are up to. They might even have an infant near by and they find this area peacefull with alot of bounty. We do not know until people like you go out in the field and investigate it.

Hey I have gone out there and I am still alive and not dead, yet ! so that must mean some thing. Right ! But I am not going to worry over that , why should I and why should you. The one thing you could do is place good trail cams out there in spots you believe that they are moving through. Hide them well and hopefully you will get your answers.

I dream to have a place like yours where they can come freely. You have high hopes as where I have to drive miles and some times I cannot even get out there so it is like a restart to what I have started. I think that this is how it is for most of us, since most of do not have big back yards . I am  mostly a city person with some back ground of ranch life that I like alot. I think gift giving is a form of respect of boundaries but I am not sure of this, so it is just theory.  But these are things that you must decide. I would like to hear your opinion though? this would help mine.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Did you notice that habbers are either 100% discredited or 100% without substantiation?

This is an inaccurate statement as are most absolutist declarations. Whether it is willful or due to a lack of knowledge, I cannot say, but it's almost like you're building a straw man.

Crow, straw-man? say it ain't so!

...Did you notice that habbers are either 100% discredited or 100% without substantiation?...

!00% discredited implies that no one gives them any credibility. This is not true. It may apply to you? And others. But not all. Also no one knows if habituation hasn't been substantiated as there could be non-disclosure agreements in place. If it's good enough for the BFRO to demand NDA's then some habituators just may demand them too. Therefore your post fails on both points. It kind places the burden of proof backing up what you say squarely in your own court.

• Upvote 1

Celtic - I know they are between us on this side of the river, and those on the other side.  I don't even want to spend time with the other side of the discussion on that.  There have been sightings up and down the Mohican River in Richland, Ashland, Holmes and Knox counties for years.  I live a mile from the river.  People around here are starting to speak up about stuff that they have been quiet about for years.  There was a BFRO report from my back yard!  It's been a crazy 3 years.  

But yeah, they're by the river, but here's the question, how do they move and when?

I am following their movements depending on the time of year.  It took me awhile to figure out.  

There's no way to prove what I am saying, but I'm  just telling you what I think is going on.  Duh, they move off the river when the campers and canoers move in for the season.  

No wonder I never heard anything in that direction, toward the river, until I sat on the front porch in July.  I faced another large block of forest, and heard 3 knocks over 40 minutes.   During the summer, I wouldn't hear anything from toward the river.  I think the bigfoots move away from the river and campers, and go other places that have water and they have cover when the leaves come out.  

It was just a stupid eureka moment.  Makes sense that they move inland from the river.  Our place is the transition ground to send sound.  We are at the bottom of a small bowl of hills surrounding us.  They could come here to send messages.  It's a natural telephone bowl of sound.  It connects 4 large blocks of forest with the Mohican River running through, to the Kokosing, to the rest of southern Ohio.  

The more I think about it, the more the topography makes sense.  

So yeah, they're are between us and the river, and some on the other side, at times.  When the canoe season hits, I think they move to other blocks of forest off the Mohican.  There's enough around to keep them happy.  Water is everywhere.  Everything is lush and bountiful.  The wild turkey playground is across the road from us this year.  

Here's a thought about the local wildlife getting used to your movements.  Today, up the power line hill next to our house, stood a deer, probably 200 feet from me.  I was coming toward her with the riding mower.  She didn't seem to care, and I turned the corner at the bottom of the hill, 100 feet away.  The next pass I made 10 minutes later, I saw two deer there!  It was then that I realized that the local wildlife is familiar with your patterns.  Now we're talking about Holmes County deer that get spooked easily, not like Cuyahoga County deer that eat my dad's plants in Lyndhurst, Ohio.  Deer get shot at around here.   But they didn't care about a loud noisy lawnmower coming straight at them.  That told me that they were used to it.

Celtic - I know they are here.  Just turning my head around trying to figure out in which direction I should listen depending on the time of the year. 

Not recording things was a dumb idea.  Just not marching into the field, keeping it close to the house.  It will pick up what I hear.  

This is a transitional time of the year in the Mohican Valley.  

In early March I heard a knock toward the river.  Mid April I heard it howl 3x away from the river in the eastern block. Then a day later, I heard a power knock closer to the river

They're all over this valley.   When and why and how, is what I think about sitting here in the middle of it.  Our property bridges 4 large areas, and I'm in the bottom of an acoustic bowl.  In a house that has been here since 1873.  I spent some time with the grand daughter of the builder.  

Whatever, yeah, it's around.  I'm just trying to figure out where they are, if they are, where they are moving and why.  How about that cup of tea?  All I have to do is to sit on my porch and pay attention.     

There was no activity here before 2013.  I can guarantee you that.  It all changed then.  And no, I paid attention, not knowing anything about bigfoot.  I prided myself on being able to identify every sound here in the valley.  Did it since 1999.  It changed, and I became aware.  

Sorry it went bold, and sorry that I did not proof read this.  Just saying.  

It's just crazy stuff when bigfoot hits.  That's all I can say.  It just changes your way of thinking after it happens.  You think about all the ways it can't be what it is.  

Then you go through realization.

Then you go through crazy mind stuff.

Then you get obsessed.

Then you  have to find a place for it.

Then you give it up.

Then it shows up.

then you realize, you had it right the first time.  

Now what is going to happen next.

If you find out they're still here.  

Put out a recorder, fool!

ShadowBorn - Everything I just typed about one of my scariest encounters, just went poof - goodbye.  Maybe it was a sign to keep it short.  

I couldn't read anything past your first sentence before I could answer.   Yes, I have have been very afraid of them.  I am not so much now, but one can never know how you will react when it happens.  

I have a certain comfort level here on the porch and felt that before 2013 at our place.  

In 2013, a lot of scary things happened at our place here.  I was pestering my husband for two weeks, that we had to sell the place because it wasn't fun anymore. 

What was that like?  Well, it was life threatening scary.  I was small and it was large, and in charge.  

Yes, I was a newbie, but I knew what I was dealing with.  It was close on several occasions.  I could list them.  Some have been documented on BFRO.  The scariest times, have not been documented except for here and with my core crew.  

It's like they moved into the neighborhood and made themselves aware to me.  Of that, I have not doubt.  I felt that at the time that it was getting personal.  

Again, I don't feel this way now, because I had to make a stand. And I did, and everything cooled down.  It was good for me mentally to do that, I'm staying.  Stop scaring me!   It became funny at times.  Gee, I wonder if you're there, and a tree breaks.  Tree could have broken on it's own.  But what would you do if everything was perfect and then you see one a few miles from home,

then you hear one scream at you twice at home, with someone else there

then you don't get off the porch for a month and a half

then late August 2013, we break open a new campsite and the dog is freaked, and I have to put my back not to a certain area

then 2 nights later, someone sees it right there

then a big THUMP..........THUMP.............THUMP.................comes over breathing down my neck from over 7 feet, closer as my chair sits with my back to it.

Then I back into the house and no go out for two days

Then for two weeks I tell my husband that we have to sell the place

Where do I put the garbage can so its hand can't reach out and touch me

The house got slapped where I was lying on the couch.  Sent the cat flying.  The dog had his ears pinned back like he did when he was guarding me at the first opening of the back campsite.  

Then rocks or whatever we couldn't find, hit the bedroom on two different sides on two different occasions.  After I got up and looked out the window thinking about it. 

Then there was Salt Fork Bigfoot Adventure Weekends 2014, and I had that experience with Robert when we were surrounded.  He saw one in his night vision.  Big STuff was moving around us.  We were surrounded.  I felt small and in fear for my life.  This was it.  I could have been dead.  I flipped on the headlamp.  Robert told me to shut it off.  I said no.  With shaking hands, I barely got the letters typed to the BFRO investigators on call, thank you Bea Mills.  They came running.  They heard a knock going down the path to us.  The situation was diffused.

That was a long time ago.  Stuff has quieted down around here.  Thank God.  

Got my wish.  I live here, they live here.  We respect each other.  If they want to mess with me, they know how.  

I'm just happy to hear a knock or a distant howl every now and then.

Does that answer your question?  

Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.  Well, well, you can never tell.  Maybe you had too much to fast.  Maybe you had too much too fast.  Just gotta poke around.  I can hear it beat out loud.   on Shakedown Street, Mohican Valley, Ohio.  

Sorry, reverting to old habits, but music says more than I can sometimes.  

Edited by Hammer102492

Last song, or maybe one more.  But this song is how I dealt with it.  If I can stay here in Johnny's Garden.