So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

Guest Crowlogic

Where are you getting these notions? Not from me that's for sure. My dialogue is talking about things with our own ranks.

...I don't think that desire to keep stuff from people is driving this.  I think that incuriosity, and dogma, and fear of rocking boats from which one is getting paid are driving this.  I think that grad students not *being able to get support for* studying this is driving this.  I think people not wanting their pet theories to get deep-sixed by youngsters are driving this...

WRONG! Look at the BFRO database and tell me if it's able to be cross-referenced for pattern. What I bolded though, to your credit, is right. But you have the wrong boat. The boat is the S.S. Bigfootdom and the ones that don't want to rock it are the ones milking to gain what that boat delivers. As long as no one rocks it then nothing changes- ever. The problem in Bigfootdom starts at the top so to speak. The lack of credibility in the subject starts at the top. And is maintained at the top. You are a smart guy....but you're afraid to rock the boat. You dance around the boat and even smooth the waves for it by ignoring anything that would create those waves. That's the difference between you and me....I'm not afraid to rock the boat. Especially when the boat goes nowhere because the ones at the helm have the wheel pegged all the way so the result is just the boat goes in circles. And since they have the compass and maps nothing will change. Not a bad analogy actually.

Edited by hiflier

Guest DWA

I have "cross-referenced for pattern."  Not afraid of nothin'; not caring about nothin' that isn't directly related to the evidence.

Which conspiracy theories always require.  To be, you know, taken seriously.

Bindernagel, Meldrum, Mionczynski, Krantz, Cronin. et al.  They're out there.  They're sitting in plain sight.  No one on The S.S. Bigfootdom needs even be consulted.  All that needs happen is that the mainstream recognize that their whole approach to this is unscientific; and start applying science. Any time they are ready.  Conspiracy theories without backup, not how I roll.

Missouri.  Show me.

Edited by DWA

Guest DWA

And back to that topic, which is:  

So Why Won't The Habituators Come Forward And Lend Bigfoot Science A Real Hand?

I said why.  Laugh at them, and get the response one deserves.  They have no obligation to help anyone.

Guest Crowlogic

Well now some interesting twists and turns here.  My gosh not to know Don Keating is like not knowing General Motors builds Chevrolet.  He produced the legendary  white bigfoot photo.  He IS Ohio bigfootin.  However I gave up on mystic albinos with White Buffalo Calf.   It's true habitators don't owe anybody anything.  They owe it to themselves to live the dream that's all.  They owe to the bigfoot like Janice owed garlic to Fox, like Autumn owed a book to Enoch,  like Grover owed his cast collection to Ray and Ivan.  Such and amazing thing that story a few posts back.  

A lady is living in terror and seemingly that which terrifies her is both known to her and frequent to her.  To that I say if it's that known and that frequent it's that possible to have those of suitable power and authority step in and take measures that will eliminate the causes of the terror.  But the terror goes on?  Rather than step out of the darkness of terror a choice is made to play along with those doing the terrifying.   If it's a clan of bigfoot a few well armed rangers will rid the  local with less than a box of .306 cartridges.  You see this I don't understand.  Lady those bigfoots terrifying you are bullies pure and simple.  Perhaps they'll treat you a bit better if they get to know the business end of a high powered rifle a few times.  

Congratulations.

I have "cross-referenced for pattern."  Not afraid of nothin'; not caring about nothin' that isn't directly related to the evidence.

Which conspiracy theories always require.  To be, you know, taken seriously.

Bindernagel, Meldrum, Mionczynski, Krantz, Cronin. et al.  They're out there.  They're sitting in plain sight.  No one on The S.S. Bigfootdom needs even be consulted.  All that needs happen is that the mainstream recognize that their whole approach to this is unscientific; and start applying science. Any time they are ready.  Conspiracy theories without backup, not how I roll.

Missouri.  Show me.

I suppose you cross-referenced BFRO's data then? All 12,000 reports....obviously by writing down every detail of every report because you know you only get to see one report at a time- so you HAVE to write everything down. Now why do you think that is? Odd way to assure pattern recognition. YA THINK! And your apathy is well, apathetic. Since you're still here after 9,500 posts I guess you're used to being empty handed. Yelling at the scientists the way you do? You're doing your job. That being redirecting the pressure off the ones who could make a difference but don't. Pretending the problem is outside the camp. TSK, TSK.

• Upvote 2

...not caring about nothin' that isn't directly related to the evidence...

But what I'm saying IS related to the evidence. But your job is to make sure that boat doesn't get rocked. It's not working. But it is amusing to watch.

Guest DWA

Well now some interesting twists and turns here.  My gosh not to know Don Keating is like not knowing General Motors builds Chevrolet.  He produced the legendary  white bigfoot photo.  

To people who do not understand this topic, Don Keating is...no, he's a waste of your time.  Period.  'Kay there?  Logic of Crow:  I am starting to understand how you've gotten so wound around the axle on this.  That is actually worse than thinking that Ray Wallace is relevant, but of course we keep getting reversals from you over Patty, so what's to expect.

No. Down playing Keating and then changing the subject? Bad form. Not unexpected coming from you though. What? Afraid to touch the subject? You should be. You're not cut from the right cloth to tackle such a matter.

Celtic - I know they are between us on this side of the river, and those on the other side.  I don't even want to spend time with the other side of the discussion on that.  There have been sightings up and down the Mohican River in Richland, Ashland, Holmes and Knox counties for years.  I live a mile from the river.  People around here are starting to speak up about stuff that they have been quiet about for years.  There was a BFRO report from my back yard!  It's been a crazy 3 years.  

But yeah, they're by the river, but here's the question, how do they move and when?

I am following their movements depending on the time of year.  It took me awhile to figure out.  

There's no way to prove what I am saying, but I'm  just telling you what I think is going on.  Duh, they move off the river when the campers and canoers move in for the season.  

No wonder I never heard anything in that direction, toward the river, until I sat on the front porch in July.  I faced another large block of forest, and heard 3 knocks over 40 minutes.   During the summer, I wouldn't hear anything from toward the river.  I think the bigfoots move away from the river and campers, and go other places that have water and they have cover when the leaves come out.  

It was just a stupid eureka moment.  Makes sense that they move inland from the river.  Our place is the transition ground to send sound.  We are at the bottom of a small bowl of hills surrounding us.  They could come here to send messages.  It's a natural telephone bowl of sound.  It connects 4 large blocks of forest with the Mohican River running through, to the Kokosing, to the rest of southern Ohio.  

The more I think about it, the more the topography makes sense.  

So yeah, they're are between us and the river, and some on the other side, at times.  When the canoe season hits, I think they move to other blocks of forest off the Mohican.  There's enough around to keep them happy.  Water is everywhere.  Everything is lush and bountiful.  The wild turkey playground is across the road from us this year.  

Here's a thought about the local wildlife getting used to your movements.  Today, up the power line hill next to our house, stood a deer, probably 200 feet from me.  I was coming toward her with the riding mower.  She didn't seem to care, and I turned the corner at the bottom of the hill, 100 feet away.  The next pass I made 10 minutes later, I saw two deer there!  It was then that I realized that the local wildlife is familiar with your patterns.  Now we're talking about Holmes County deer that get spooked easily, not like Cuyahoga County deer that eat my dad's plants in Lyndhurst, Ohio.  Deer get shot at around here.   But they didn't care about a loud noisy lawnmower coming straight at them.  That told me that they were used to it.

Celtic - I know they are here.  Just turning my head around trying to figure out in which direction I should listen depending on the time of the year. 

Not recording things was a dumb idea.  Just not marching into the field, keeping it close to the house.  It will pick up what I hear.  

This is a transitional time of the year in the Mohican Valley.  

In early March I heard a knock toward the river.  Mid April I heard it howl 3x away from the river in the eastern block. Then a day later, I heard a power knock closer to the river

They're all over this valley.   When and why and how, is what I think about sitting here in the middle of it.  Our property bridges 4 large areas, and I'm in the bottom of an acoustic bowl.  In a house that has been here since 1873.  I spent some time with the grand daughter of the builder.  

Whatever, yeah, it's around.  I'm just trying to figure out where they are, if they are, where they are moving and why.  How about that cup of tea?  All I have to do is to sit on my porch and pay attention.     

There was no activity here before 2013.  I can guarantee you that.  It all changed then.  And no, I paid attention, not knowing anything about bigfoot.  I prided myself on being able to identify every sound here in the valley.  Did it since 1999.  It changed, and I became aware.  

Sorry it went bold, and sorry that I did not proof read this.  Just saying.  

It's just crazy stuff when bigfoot hits.  That's all I can say.  It just changes your way of thinking after it happens.  You think about all the ways it can't be what it is.  

Then you go through realization.

Then you go through crazy mind stuff.

Then you get obsessed.

Then you  have to find a place for it.

Then you give it up.

Then it shows up.

then you realize, you had it right the first time.  

Now what is going to happen next.

If you find out they're still here.  

Put out a recorder, fool!

Thanks for the description Hammer, sounds like you have a really idyllic place there!

Waterways seem to be a common theme connecting a lot of activity.

Supposed habituators is the key term, very few situations ever exist where the creatures can be predictable. Some researchers, and few though they may be, have discovered enough detail to their patterns to be in the right place at the right time. I am reluctant to admit anyone really has these creatures eating out of their hand so to speak, nor do I think the evidence at all supports that. Some individuals live on properties in their travel pattern, maybe they take food from them, that is hardly a habituated animal. If you can tell me you can count on one of these creatures coming to your location time after time after time, show me the evidence, I am with Crowlogic on this one. I know there are places they will frequent often, but they are a very reluctant visitor at best, they may be curious, they may eat some offerings, but to call that habituation is a grand stretch.

The squirrels in my backyard on the other hand....

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

...This is why the talk of Keating, and icons, and the virtual absence on this forum of intelligent discussion of the overall body of the evidence.

It's only "virtual absence of intelligent discussion" if you don't read the Forum posts. Something you should make an effort in doing once and a while. Get rid of your ignore list and learn something. In fact the only one on your ignore list should be me. :spiteful:

Guest DWA

...This is why the talk of Keating, and icons, and the virtual absence on this forum of intelligent discussion of the overall body of the evidence.

It's only "virtual absence of intelligent discussion" if you don't read the Forum posts. Something you should make an effort in doing once and a while. Get rid of your ignore list and learn something. In fact the only one on your ignore list should be me. :spiteful:

No, actually, *that's the problem, the Forum posts*.  All this "sightings could be anything" and all this "sightings are not evidence" and all this "I'd ignore sightings" ignores how scientists think about repetitive patterns of evidence.  I come here to tell people where to look NOT HERE for the evidence.

And Inc1 just sounds too butthurt for words.  :music:

Be consistent please. According to you for years (and 9500 posts) SCIENTISTS THINKING ABOUT REPETITIVE PATTERNS don't apply here. In your rereading of the entire body of posts on this Forum don't forget to read your own.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Repetitive patterns of misidentification and hoaxing as separated from what?

Sightings that are provable are not visual in nature (unless you only want to prove it to yourself, in which case you only need your own personal standard).

Physical evidence, DNA, body on a slab, creature in a cage, foot prints, hair, saliva, feces, or a video tape, still image.

That would be a standard that would satisfy anyone.

Although there is a lot of debate on various images and footprints I can think of several that are impeccable and have been extensively vetted to a pretty high standard. Footprints are generally hard to hoax at the level of skin detail in the right substrates.

That is your baseline, anything else is hallucination and self deception.

Once again I am not talking to those who have sightings that satisfy their personal prerogatives, I am talking a science baseline.

PS: I am glad you had a sighting, but before I accept it, even on my personal prerogative I still might need to do a forensic interrogation to eliminate deception and follow a logical model to eliminate wishful thinking or misidentifcation.

The reason: talk is cheap and mistaken witnesses and hoaxers are the norm on the internet.

Kind of like online dating, how do you know that picture you see matches up to a physical reality and not some 200 pound prisoner in a prison upstate.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna