Face To Face Meeting With Bigfoot

Midnight Owl

You are correct. My bad.

<br />More and more biblical/Christian/religious references on these forums. Doesn't one read the rules before posting on this forum?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

More and more biblical/Christian/religious references on these forums. Doesn't one read the rules before posting on this forum?

My mention was very limited and not intended to open any further discussion on the subject, just saying I consider all options. No more mention intended.

The funny thing is though Incorrigible, if Sasquatch are going to be proven as human as many indicators seem to be headed, that taboo subject may be a significant topic around the world with the so-called discovery. Are we just going to just close our ears to the masses? (No pun intended either. lol) A lot of things will change at many levels of society when the day comes, how places like BFF adapt will be interesting. Food for thought that's all...

Hey PT, you might be right but I don't think it will be as earth shattering as you anticipate. Primitive people and new primates that are discovered haven't set the world on fire so far, they have made National Geographic one of my favorite magazines to read though. :)

Guest Cervelo

Let's just start with if their real shall we then we can move on to all the other stuff like what's their favorite brand of cigarettes, deer or elk, favorite place to teleport to, which language is their favorite, why no pictures ( bad hair day) I'm sure once they find out we know they are real everything will change right?

Guest Chewie

I MUST say, this is some of the best satire I've read online in a LONG time.

I agree with you on that. Some of nona's previous post seem a little unclear to what she (or he?) is thinking but I think she makes it obvious in that last spiel. And now I'm thinking I may have seen the light as well... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently my claim of my "last" post on this forum was premature. I simply haven't been able to resist my urge to return and lurk on this site. Forgive me for my weakness. :( I think if I am to break free it is going to be due to some serious intervention. Well, I guess if I'm gonna continue to post I should answer some questions first.

Nona- What would be the statistical significance of this story being true if there are no established knowns?

Any statistical claim of something being "true", "genuine" or a "hoax" should really be significant only to the one making the claim. Unless, you're talking about the percentage of "genuine" cotton used to make a t-shirt or pair of pants or something else along those lines such claims of a story being "genuine" is a matter of personal preference. So while a statement like "97% hoax" may mean something to me I would think it would mean very little to the public. This is also why you don’t present such claims in any "real" scientific work.

How can you determine Stubstad to be a hoaxer and this one to be genuine based on what circumstantial evidence each presents?

The answer to this is already presented in your question, "circumstantial evidence". Though, circumstantial evidence doesn't seem to count for much these days, I find at times it is enough for me to suspect I'm not getting the whole truth.

I'm just curious because we are in desperate need of an accurate method in differentiating hoax from truth in the bigfoot community.

Though I dismissed your last statement as sarcasm, personally I feel there is some truth to it. A sucker is born every day and bigfooters are no exception. I am not saying I'm here to be your hoax sleuth, however, far from it. In fact I keep telling myself if one day I decided to get smart about this whole bigfoot phenomenon, I would jump sides from being a skeptic to a true believer of all that is bigfoot related. :D

Guest Crowlogic

I'm as unconvinced as ever that there is anything to this. Whether normal, paranormal, supernormal etc, etc I promise the readers of this thread that a year from this posting there will be nothing to have come from this thread to confirm the existence of Bigfoot. It is fun however to spin myths but myth is spinning here.

Guest sabrenaut

So, Bigfoot is a paranormal entity with telepathic and ESP abilities (it knew MO was packing a gun and requested telepathically that he explain why). It can disappear and rematerialize inter-dimensionally at will, thus explaining its illusivenes; it can even jam sophisticated electronic devices of greedy BF trackers intent on exposing it to the glare of scientific elucidation and/or mercenary exploitation.

It can (somehow) affect photo-recording equipment to allow a proper, in-focus image to be captured if it so deems the equipment operator to be properly worthy and "respectful" (as it did for Elisi..the picture on her FB she doesn't share with the rest of us here). That expalins all the blob-squatches nicely, doesn't it?

Is this the same paranormal entity that leaves scat, hair, blood, handprints, footprints and oily smudges everywhere for eager researchers to collect? Does this same "Interdimensional Being" wallow in mud (Skookum cast); live under simple lean-to shelters (made from twisted and broken branches, boughs), rock outcrops or caves; outrun deer and other wild game; overturn rocks to feed on grubs; communicate with howls, chirps, clicks, babbling and emit a bewildering variety of calls and screams? Does this creature from another realm also emit a foul odor; woodknock like many ordinary apes and throw boulders?

Not to mention its penchant for menstruating ladies' underwear...The the odd, temper-induce cabin thrashings; it's quaint curiosity that compels it to look into house windows ....The apparent carelessness with which it negotiates road traffic and the resulting oft-reported collisions.

Oh, and is this the same otherworldly being that is regularly seen dumpster diving for table scraps?

I don't understand how we can reconcile all these descriptions (paranormal and natural) in one creature? I am really not just trying to be sarcastic.

Surely, MO might avow that, in his excited state, he may have felt "as if" his thoughts were being read by the creatures while he was being weighed down with the heavy self-concsiousness of intruding into their territory while packing a hidden weapon? That feeling, coupled with some subtle clues that the creatures are able to do so, provided by his "Guide", might make him vulnerable and suggestible to the idea that his thoughts were being read. Just an idea...

Though I am scientifically minded and trained, I am not so arrogant as to believe we "know" enough about the world to unequivocally rule out certain phenomena. Even Einstein agreed that the possibility that the brain might somehow transmit information non-verbally--perhaps the same way as an excited current in a wire modulates the EM field around it enough to affect another wire (an antenna) some distance away so as to capture a signal (information)--was worthy of investigation.

But even if the Sasquatch evolved such telepathic ability, how could it use it to translate and transmit cogent thought to a human being--a different species? How does such a creature "understand" english other than with the grasp common to any household animal?

Let's not even get into the Inter-Dimensional stuff. The post on Coleman's Blog had captured BF at Los Alamos labs being worked on by Stephen J. Hawking....When reading such fairey tales, the utter scientific ignorance of the story-spinner can be deduced to be porportional to the scientific heavyweight he name-drops into the storyline. Hawking being perhaps the only physicist's name he could remember.

So, Bigfoot is a paranormal entity with telepathic and ESP abilities (it knew MO was packing a gun and requested telepathically that he explain why). It can disappear and rematerialize inter-dimensionally at will, thus explaining its illusivenes; it can even jam sophisticated electronic devices of greedy BF trackers intent on exposing it to the glare of scientific elucidation and/or mercenary exploitation.

These qualities are probably added since BF is so illusive that we can only guess about it. It takes on this super animal status since we can not find or capture it. IMHO, bigfoot has super smell, sight, and thinking abilities which enables it to hide well.

It can (somehow) affect photo-recording equipment to allow a proper, in-focus image to be captured if it so deems the equipment operator to be properly worthy and "respectful" (as it did for Elisi..the picture on her FB she doesn't share with the rest of us here). That expalins all the blob-squatches nicely, doesn't it?

Is this the same paranormal entity that leaves scat, hair, blood, handprints, footprints and oily smudges everywhere for eager researchers to collect? Does this same "Interdimensional Being" wallow in mud (skookum cast); live under simple lean-to shelters (made from twisted and broken branches, boughs), rock outcrops or caves; outrun deer and other wild game; overturn rocks to feed on grubs; communicate with howls, chirps, clicks, babbling and emit a bewildering variety of calls and screams? Does this creature from another realm also emit a foul odor; woodknock like many ordinary apes and throw boulders?

Sounds pretty much like an animal somewhere between a chimp and human.

Even Einstein agreed that the possibility that the brain might somehow transmit information non-verbally--perhaps the same way as an excited current in a wire modulates the EM field around it enough to affect another wire (an antenna) some distance away so as to capture a signal (information)--was worthy of investigation.

Some psychics have helped with police investigations so experts need to work on this.

But even if the Sasquatch evolved such telepathic ability, how could it use it to translate and transmit cogent thought to a human being--a different species? How does such a creature "understand" english other than with the grasp common to any household animal?

If it happens, then rather than language there might be image transfer.

Nice thinking...........