Face To Face Meeting With Bigfoot

Midnight Owl

Guest Elisi

MO,

I get where your coming from. I have never been face to face with one. I've had experiences that for some would be without a doubt an encounter with Bigfoot but for me they are very intriguing episodes that keep me in the game. I consider all other evidence presented wishful thinking on the observers part..... Except one a face to face less than 50' there are only two options with that one and IMO it's happened to many times to all be fabricated. What I struggle with is the position of the repeat observer who takes on this attitude of I don't have to prove anything or can't break the trust issue. That's where my bs meter gets turned on real quick. If I had a face to face encounter I would never come on this fourm or any other and discuss it without evidence. I would share with many people here including you and Ellsi but it would be in private. How can anyone think that they can come on a public fourm and make such claims with no evidence is beyond my comprehension and IMO leads to only one conclusion they are just looking for attention from a sympathetic group an brings there story into question. Then when the questions come they get all pissy or their little group of followers jump in. Its quite any interesting thing to watch develop but my point is in the little time I've been here it's very predictable. I do admire how you have conducted yourself and stayed above it all and look forward to your future posts!

I have no group of followers and if you ever thought any of my answers were Pissy I am sorry if they sounded that way I never intended any of my answers or posts to seem that way.

Guest Cervelo

I have no group of followers and if you ever thought any of my answers were Pissy I am sorry if they sounded that way I never intended any of my answers or posts to seem that way.

Elisi,

You and Midnight Owl have been nothing but champs in my mind for taking the risk of telling your story. If you hang around this site long enough you will witness what I described in the post. You will have followers/defenders like it or not. I may not believe in all bigfoots abilities I read on this site but you have been nothing but a lady and saint!!! :)

PS its ok to get pissy (not that you did) with some of us skeptics it keeps us in line! :lol:

Guest Elisi

Elisi,

You and Midnight Owl have been nothing but champs in my mind for taking the risk of telling your story. If you hang around this site long enough you will witness what I described in the post. You will have followers/defenders like it or not. I may not believe in all bigfoots abilities I read on this site but you have been nothing but a lady and saint!!! :)

PS its ok to get pissy (not that you did) with some of us skeptics it keeps us in line! :lol:

:P

B) The paranormal aspect of BF has been reported by Native and First Nations peoples since time out of mind, so it has always been part of the legitimate mix and quest for truth; since long before western science ever got involved. It does not exclude BF from a so-called flesh and blood existence. Neither does it turn them into imagined wraiths, vampires or supernatural figures, although sometimes, because of their unaccountable otherworldly capabilities, they have been described as such. Even the Russian hominologists keep case files on these recurrent BF themes.

Like it or not, it is part of the mix and should remain part of the inquiry. It does not require belief or any personal investiture of certainty in this regard. It only requires an open mind, just as all things in life do.

- Dudlow

Since I wrote my earlier post I've been thinking about these issues.I've had paranormal experiences, and lived in a haunted house for a short while, so I am aware that there is a world beyond what we can *see*. I'm sorry that I just categorically denied the possibility, I now accept that BF can have these paranormal abilities.

Susie, Susie, Susie... tongue.gif But what if that is who/what bigfoot are? What if its part of their makeup? How can this repeated theme simply be ignored? Its not one or two people who make a similar claim, its a significant many. And that does include some seasoned researchers as well. Of course some of them are afraid to speak openly about it as well. Is science supposed to ignore evidence because its inconvenient even tho it may be part of the ultimate truth? No.

Avoiding it has been the modus operandi that the bigfoot field has functioned at for decades. Look what it got the die hard researchers who don't want to deal with it. Look at how successful we are at capturing bigfoot on our trailcams or on video. Test tube science will never explain their persona or behavior. Can you REALLY believe that an ape has outsmarted just about every attempt over the decades, unless they had an edge over us we/you are ignoring?

An honest scientist doesn't CARE about what people think. An honest scientist follows the evidence wherever it leads, whatever it is. Not wanting to consider something because it may be unpopular is never how new discoveries are made. IMHO

You are 100% correct, and I have totally changed my mindset.Science would have never progressed without the ability to think outside the box. Living in a haunted house taught me that there is more to this world than what what we can see with our human eyes.

I apologize.

Elisi,

I second that.

Since I wrote my earlier post I've been thinking about these issues.I've had paranormal experiences, and lived in a haunted house for a short while, so I am aware that there is a world beyond what we can *see*. I'm sorry that I just categorically denied the possibility, I now accept that BF can have these paranormal abilities.

You are 100% correct, and I have totally changed my mindset.Science would have never progressed without the ability to think outside the box. Living in a haunted house taught me that there is more to this world than what what we can see with our human eyes.

I apologize.

No need to apologize for anything Susie. No doubt how the world is viewed is a difficult ideal to alter. And yes, recognizing that there are really such things as ghosts and so why not more that can't be explained with conventional science, is being truthful with oneself. That's why I had to accept there is more basically and because I've had experiences.

Well I can't see the connection other than some outdoor activity that was attributed to a haunting might actually be related to bigfoot. How does living in a haunted house equate to a being, regardless of what kind of being it is, having paranormal abilities?

The analogy being made is that from different people's experience (at least Susie's as well as mine in this example), we know ghosts do exist and as such we also know that is a phenomenon that cannot be proven by science. So if that one phenomenon can exist that can't be proven by science, then what precludes other phenomenon from also existing that science can't qualify/quantify? Namely that bigfoot could/does have these not yet definable/measurable paranormal abilities. This is a reasonable deductive hypothesis isn't it?

To those who have seen a ghost/spirit, this experience has demonstrated to them that there are things in our universe that can exist and yet science is incapable of putting them in a test tube. This realization supports the premise that just because science can't put its finger on it, doesn't negate its existence. Make sense? Yes, a bit of a mind bender for me too. lol

Heck, with the endless hours every person in the woods searching who has been using conventional methods, by now we should have been able to prove the existence of a giant primate living amongst us. For some reason its not working. Why? Maybe because there is a variable that isn't being fully considered.

The analogy being made is that from different people's experience (at least Susie's as well as mine in this example), we know ghosts do exist and as such we also know that is a phenomenon that cannot be proven by science. So if that one phenomenon can exist that can't be proven by science, then what precludes other phenomenon from also existing that science can't qualify/quantify? Namely that bigfoot could/does have these not yet definable/measurable paranormal abilities. This is a reasonable deductive hypothesis isn't it?

Not really because bigfoot is a flesh and blood creature and ghosts are not corporeal.

To those who have seen a ghost/spirit, this experience has demonstrated to them that there are things in our universe that can exist and yet science is incapable of putting them in a test tube. This realization supports the premise that just because science can't put its finger on it, doesn't negate its existence. Make sense? Yes, a bit of a mind bender for me too. lol

Not really a mind bender at all, I accept it since these kinds of things happen to me on a fairly regular basis. Last event was getting locked in a bathroom at an old plantation. I don't understand why these supposed disembodied spirits like to hang out in bathrooms, basements, and attics. That doesn't indicate something that was ever human to me but people make those assumptions all the time. I don't have an explanation of how the latch hook latched on that bathroom door. Do you see what I mean about assuming that something is paranormal, or thinking you know what kind of paranormal it is, unless you have really, really questioned it?

Heck, with the endless hours every person in the woods searching who has been using conventional methods, by now we should have been able to prove the existence of a giant primate living amongst us. For some reason its not working. Why? Maybe because there is a variable that isn't being fully considered.

They could be extinct by now or on the verge, their environment is not conducive to preserved remains, 97% of the United States is rural or farmland, we might not be looking in the right environment, hunters rarely penetrate deep areas away from their vehicles to hunt, people probably misidentify bigfoot as other animals or humans as often as it happens in reverse( we may not realize what we are looking at), sightings that go unreported, lack of recognition by individuals for what remains might be if found, and I could keep going for the various reasons why we haven't found a bigfoot yet that have no basis in the paranormal.

Now did I say that bigfoot weren't flesh and blood? lol Boy the two I have 'seen' within 25 feet sure were. That doesn't mean they can't be something else as well or be able to tap into something we lowly human entities can't.

I'm going to share something that I hold very close to my heart and have never shared online Jodie. My dad died almost a decade ago. He was flesh and blood too just like us right. About a week and a half after he passed, I saw him (his spirit) walking to my left about 4 feet away while I was out in the shop where he spent a lot of his time. I turned and was looking looking right at him as he continued walking and then he just vanished about 12 feet away. I'll remember that for the rest of my life. I'll probably flash on it when I die too.

Oh sure, people can say I was just mourning and of course I was. But nothing anybody says will convince me that he wasn't there and that he didn't walk by me that day. He was as real as a spirit can be I suppose. Essentially my dad went from being flesh and blood to a non-corporeal being as you put it. I'm not talking about a wisp of wind or a cloudy image. I'm talking it was my dad in a semi-transparent form, for the moment anyhow.

Okay so maybe most can accept what I saw as his spirit. That is still different from bigfoot becoming invisible right? Or is it? We really don't know how many different planes of existence there are. Frankly, all of us can agree that we don't know what bigfoot are either right? (And btw, I do believe they are a kind of people, at the same time I also wonder what else they are capable of. I explore all the options including Biblical, Indigenous, non-terrestrial, scientific, what have you. I have seen enough to know its wise to keep an open mind and accept the limited reach of science.) Anyway, it comes back to the same premise, mainstream science is itself trying to prove that there are other universes, aka, other planes of existence. We just haven't come far enough to wrap our brains around it yet.

Man, what a person has to share around here. lol Jodie, I've questioned many of these mysteries because I've experienced some strange stuff in my life, including with bigfoot. And believe me, if my experiences with them didn't reveal the existences of these difficult topics, I sure wouldn't be raising them as being part of the mystery either. Why subject oneself to such unwarranted punishment? Unless its true.

I don't have all the answers just like Elisi doesn't. But each of us has pieces of the answer. Everyone has a piece but we don't know how to put the pieces together. I'm sensitive to certain things but only to a certain extent. What I can do is 'sense' when they are near. What I can't do is communicate with them telepathically. But they have communicated with me once and only once in that way 30 years ago. That is something else I will never forget in my life. I'm sure sooner or later I will share the whole story but I'm just not ready here yet. Accept my apologies but its probably something I will share on my blog first. Yeah, when I am ready to bare my soul as it were.

Oh and there really are more of them then most people can appreciate. I truly not believe they are so few that they will become extinct. The reports are just more evidence of the mystery actually. Yes, there are many more then the reports indicate. One more aspect that science will probably never get a handle on as well.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree PT, we have a different take on the paranormal. I'm just telling you that it's not safe to rest in the assumption that you understand or are interpreting paranormal activity correctly. It's the same principle used in ordinary perception, things aren't always as they seem, which is why we developed the scientific method to differentiate fact from fiction in the everyday world. We may have no way to verify what paranormal activity is but we can rule out what it isn't to some degree.

What I'ld be asking myself PT, in your position, is why me? Why do I have multiple encounters and others don't? Why are they talking to me? How are they talking to me in this way? Are you by any chance experiencing any poltergeist type activity or electrical problems before or after encounters? Does any kind of processing disorder run in your family such as ADHD, autism, or seizure activity? Were any of your relatives ever known to be animal whisperers or bee charmers, etc.....anything that could in any way indicate a difference in your brain structure that might enable these encounters versus the folks who never see Sasquatch no matter how hard they look.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree PT, we have a different take on the paranormal. I'm just telling you that it's not safe to rest in the assumption that you understand or are interpreting paranormal activity correctly. It's the same principle used in ordinary perception, things aren't always as they seem, which is why we developed the scientific method to differentiate fact from fiction in the everyday world. We may have no way to verify what paranormal activity is but we can rule out what it isn't to some degree.

Yip, its okay to disagree... but I don't single out any one view of the paranormal either. There are several possibilities to explain this weird stuff I believe. On one level I consider the way NA's view some of this stuff, but on another Biblical explanations, and another through Quantum Mechanics. With many NA's, there is the spirit world and their views have some interesting overlap with other theories too. I haven't settled on any one explanation. I also don't actively pursue this stuff either. If something happens its on its own timeline and no pressure from me.

What I'ld be asking myself PT, in your position, is why me? Why do I have multiple encounters and others don't? Why are they talking to me? How are they talking to me in this way? Are you by any chance experiencing any poltergeist type activity or electrical problems before or after encounters? Does any kind of processing disorder run in your family such as ADHD, autism, or seizure activity? Were any of your relatives ever known to be animal whisperers or bee charmers, etc.....anything that could in any way indicate a difference in your brain structure that might enable these encounters versus the folks who never see Sasquatch no matter how hard they look.

Oh I've been asking those questions for quite a few years now, especially once I had my face to face. lol Once again, they aren't talking to me either Jodie. I've had only one experience like that 30 yrs ago. And it was preempted by some aggressive actions on my part that actually initiated their response, and that was fascinating. A one time only event that also changed my entire perception of them and of a lot of things around us. I can sense when they are around, very similar to when a hunter senses he is being watched, except there is a strong feeling of a presence. Not to say there aren't other types of experiences too... but I don't share everything.

Nope no poltergeist activities with the exception of one event that again I won't get into. I have blown out a few light bulbs one time when I got pissed tho. lol That was an experience... Great, now people are gonna start calling me Carrie. lol No disorders either, no charmers, no whisperers, although my mom and her sister saw a few ghosts when they were young. Nothing special there, lots of people see ghosts they just don't admit it very often...

I know a few other people who have had repeat bigfoot encounters. Many have come to the old bff and tried to share too. There are more people out there that have repeat encounters then people realize. They just don't come here or similar places to share very often. Obviously a few have within this very thread.. Others have probably reached the point of realizing that little good can come from others knowing about it, especially friends and neighbors. I am working with one family right now where the wife had bigfoot visits when she was young a few hundred miles away. There have been a few recent visits to their new home and she wonders if they followed her? How could they possibly know to follow her right? lol

While there could be some relevance to brain structure, that's one complex series of possibilities. Hmm, maybe I'm really a savant? lol Kidding. I just feel it has to do with being more sensitive (open) to slight changes in energies or an awareness. Nothing special but for people who view our existence only in B&W, well I just don't expect them to get it, cause they can't let go of their constrained view of things, for lack of better term.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

PragmaticTheorist said:

There are several possibilities to explain this weird stuff I believe. On one level I consider the way NA's view some of this stuff, but on another Biblical explanations...[/Quote]

Demonic manifestations?

This explanation should not be too far out there for someone who accepts other elements of the paranormal.

I also don't actively pursue this stuff either...[/Quote]

Given your beliefs, this is probably a wise decision because you would not want to open a gate you will later regret. But, from your reply, it does seem that something of this nature happened to you in the past.

More and more biblical/Christian/religious references on these forums. Doesn't one read the rules before posting on this forum?