Face To Face Meeting With Bigfoot

Midnight Owl

Guest Crowlogic

No, Bear Creek is in NW AL, I was in NE AL. But I agree that there sure seem to be a lot of Hairy Men in the Southeast, especially Alabama and Georgia.

Alabama is IMO not swimming in Bigfoot. My sister lives in NE AL and resides in the middle of their 1000 acre spread. She and her family (husband, kids and grand kids are about as tuned to the countryside as you can get and there's a heck of a lot of great countryside to tune to. However in the over 35 years she's lived there she's never once mentioned BF on her own, had any strangeness that could have been BF, or seen tracks, stick structures or whatever. Her direct response to my inquiry is one of laughter. Theres are folks down there who know what's going on in the woods and meadows and BF is not on the roster of fauna sorry to say.

Alabama is IMO not swimming in Bigfoot. My sister lives in NE AL and resides in the middle of their 1000 acre spread. She and her family (husband, kids and grand kids are about as tuned to the countryside as you can get and there's a heck of a lot of great countryside to tune to. However in the over 35 years she's lived there she's never once mentioned BF on her own, had any strangeness that could have been BF, or seen tracks, stick structures or whatever. Her direct response to my inquiry is one of laughter. Theres are folks down there who know what's going on in the woods and meadows and BF is not on the roster of fauna sorry to say.

This is not unusual since BFs are not prolific in my opinion but rare. There may be one BF family per 1000 square miles of good habitat. Now Elisi believes she lives along a BF migration route so they appear more often.

I can say with some surety they will not allow anyone to take their photo clearly.They have allowed me one fairly clear photo.It is posted on my FB page as well as some other places also.There again some see him and some don't.

I am confused on the stipulation for MidnightOwl to not be able to take photos, when others have been able to.

Guest Elisi

I am confused on the stipulation for MidnightOwl to not be able to take photos, when others have been able to.

The ones who were taking photos during the day were a long ways away from any that they might get a glimpse of.They were taking random photos also.The one photo MO posted was taken from a distance.They had caught glimpses of one and decided to try to take a photo just to see if they could get something.They didn't want a photo to post all over the web to prove anything.They were surprised they got anything on the photo.

What happened that night with MO was an up close thing.There were young juveniles there also.I was surprised he was allowed to audio it.Then I know full well I am not in control of what happens.What happened there was not something I would ever have taken a picture of and it doesn't bother me that people can't understand why I didn't want that or check for hair or anything else.I will take an encounter with them over all the picture or dna proof in the world.

People seem to think in terms of how much food man eats in reference to how much it would take to sustain BF.We eat so much more than we even begin to need.The food we eat has very little value.The food they eat has a lot of value and it takes a lot less to sustain them as it did us at one time.

Someone earlier asked the question of what they call themselves.From what I understand they have no need to define themselves.

The ones who were taking photos during the day were a long ways away from any that they might get a glimpse of.They were taking random photos also.The one photo MO posted was taken from a distance.They had caught glimpses of one and decided to try to take a photo just to see if they could get something.They didn't want a photo to post all over the web to prove anything.They were surprised they got anything on the photo.

What happened that night with MO was an up close thing.There were young juveniles there also.I was surprised he was allowed to audio it.Then I know full well I am not in control of what happens.What happened there was not something I would ever have taken a picture of and it doesn't bother me that people can't understand why I didn't want that or check for hair or anything else.I will take an encounter with them over all the picture or dna proof in the world.

People seem to think in terms of how much food man eats in reference to how much it would take to sustain BF.We eat so much more than we even begin to need.The food we eat has very little value.The food they eat has a lot of value and it takes a lot less to sustain them as it did us at one time.

Someone earlier asked the question of what they call themselves.From what I understand they have no need to define themselves.

Elisi, thanks for bringing your story.

Elsi many of us just want to now details about the BFs and their habits.

How long will it before you will see another group of BS?

What was the longest time period that went by without seeing them?

Do you think the BFs are migrating from mountains to lowlands?

If you met a female primatologist that you like and trust, would you take her to observe the BFs?

Amy Vedder is an ecologist and primatologist, known especially for her conservation work with mountain gorillas.

Vedder worked in Africa for the Peace Corps from 1973 to 1975. In 1978 she arrived in Rwanda with her husband, William Weber, to study gorillas as a student of Dian Fossey.

After getting a doctorate at the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1989, she became Biodiversity Coordinator for the Wildlife Conservation Society, and then later director of the conservation of the WCS's Africa Program.

One of Vedder's major contributions was to implement the Mountain Gorilla Project, which sought to involve local Rwandans and use ecotourism to help conserve the gorillas.

post-447-096587000 1308755286_thumb.jpg

But here you are saying you actually took a fairly clear photo.

I can say with some surety they will not allow anyone to take their photo clearly.They have allowed me one fairly clear photo.It is posted on my FB page as well as some other places also.There again some see him and some don't.

Guest Boolywooger

My sister lives in NE AL and resides in the middle of their 1000 acre spread. She and her family (husband, kids and grand kids are about as tuned to the countryside as you can get and there's a heck of a lot of great countryside to tune to. However in the over 35 years she's lived there she's never once mentioned BF on her own, had any strangeness that could have been BF, or seen tracks, stick structures or whatever. Her direct response to my inquiry is one of laughter. Theres are folks down there who know what's going on in the woods and meadows and BF is not on the roster of fauna sorry to say.

I have no doubt that what you say is true, but because they haven't observed them doesn't mean they're not there. Especially if their 1000 acre spread is well wooded and is anywhere near a decent sized body of water or stream. How much hanging out in the woods do they do between 1AM and 5AM? I would be willing to bet that if they were to put out a digital recorder for a month, starting around midnight and going until the morning, especially in the months of March and April, they would get recordings that would raise their eyebrows.

Edited by Boolywooger

Guest Elisi

But here you are saying you actually took a fairly clear photo.

The photo I was talking about I took was not this day it was a long time ago.I am sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Guest Elisi

Elisi, thanks for bringing your story.

Elsi many of us just want to now details about the BFs and their habits.

How long will it before you will see another group of BS?

What was the longest time period that went by without seeing them?

Do you think the BFs are migrating from mountains to lowlands?

If you met a female primatologist that you like and trust, would you take her to observe the BFs?

Amy Vedder is an ecologist and primatologist, known especially for her conservation work with mountain gorillas.

Vedder worked in Africa for the Peace Corps from 1973 to 1975. In 1978 she arrived in Rwanda with her husband, William Weber, to study gorillas as a student of Dian Fossey.

After getting a doctorate at the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1989, she became Biodiversity Coordinator for the Wildlife Conservation Society, and then later director of the conservation of the WCS's Africa Program.

One of Vedder's major contributions was to implement the Mountain Gorilla Project, which sought to involve local Rwandans and use ecotourism to help conserve the gorillas.

The problem with a Primatologist is that the BF are not apes or gorillas etc,I have always believed they are another us.I would no more take anyone to study them any more than I would any other people.It would be disrespectful for me to assume they would even allow it.That is hard for some to grasp but it is how I feel about it.

I have no idea when I will see another group.I have no control over that.It is their choice.

They travel for many reasons.Going to better hunting areas,going where other families are etc.

I feel the need to say this again.I am not unique nor am I special. I am respectful of them and know they are the ones who decide whether to interact or not. Anyone can have interactions with them. Be respectful,lose your thoughts of controling the situation,have no ulterior motive.Just be there and let them come to you.

BFF Patron

I have no doubt that what you say is true, but because they haven't observed them doesn't mean they're not there. Especially if their 1000 acre spread is well wooded and is anywhere near a decent sized body of water or stream. How much hanging out in the woods do they do between 1AM and 5AM? I would be willing to bet that if they were to put out a digital recorder for a month, starting around midnight and going until the morning, especially in the months of March and April, they would get recordings that would raise their eyebrows.

Yep, they could have a niche in an area without drawing attention to themselves. Sound files being recorded in many areas of the country are starting to focus on a series of unique sounds that can be illustrative of the suspect (and they are not all coyote). Dense forest canopy, heavy undergrowth and established game trails with game animals and the ubiquitous water element all could harbor a nocturnal resident who follows the law of stealth.

I just want to say that the March/April thing seems to be true in my area although I tend to rationalize everything away into something else. Case in point, this past March I was asleep with my window open. I was awakened by something screaming on the river every 1 1/2 to 3 minutes for about two hours. It was so fricking loud, my brother called me to go open my window not realizing I was already sitting there at full attention. We finally talked ourselves into thinking it was a fox but it really didn't sound like that, it sounded like Cliff's bigfoot call on Finding Bigfoot. I don't know what it was but the frequency and sound reminded me of a woman in the late stages of labor. That was the first thing that occurred to me when I got up to listen more closely.

Edited by Jodie

The photo I was talking about I took was not this day it was a long time ago.I am sorry if I didn't make that clear.

But the question remains, why the stipulation was placed that Midnight Owl was not allowed to take photos, but you were.

Guest Elisi

But the question remains, why the stipulation was placed that Midnight Owl was not allowed to take photos, but you were.

As to why I can't give you an answer other than that is how it was. I am sure that won't be a satisfactory answer but it is the only for sure one I can give.I can give you a guess and that is because we were very close to them.

I have talked to many people who have gotten partial pictures etc of them.Mostly blobsquatches.The photo I took a while back was of one I saw a lot and it just shows the top of his head and eyes and nose.He is peeking out of some foliage.It is my profile pic on here.As to why I was allowed to take that I can only say,I asked and always ask before I take any photos.I take lots of photos of woods,rocks,flowers,birds etc.Out of 1000s of photos I have taken, only 2 are at least a little clear.

Guest wild eyed willy

As a writer, I recognize the talent when I see it. Your story was very well writen, but IMHO it is just that, a story. It's very very good, but very very fiction... I loved it.

As to why I can't give you an answer other than that is how it was. I am sure that won't be a satisfactory answer but it is the only for sure one I can give.I can give you a guess and that is because we were very close to them.

I have talked to many people who have gotten partial pictures etc of them.Mostly blobsquatches.The photo I took a while back was of one I saw a lot and it just shows the top of his head and eyes and nose.He is peeking out of some foliage.It is my profile pic on here.As to why I was allowed to take that I can only say,I asked and always ask before I take any photos.I take lots of photos of woods,rocks,flowers,birds etc.Out of 1000s of photos I have taken, only 2 are at least a little clear.

So how exactly is the permission for photos being given? You asked them to take their picture, was this mentally? Who stipulated to MO that he could not take a photo? Did someone grant the others permission to take photos? Why was MO not allowed to take photos, but was allowed to take audio?