Animal Planet Bigfoot Series 6 Episodes on American BF Sightings

Guest ajciani

Guest BitterMonk

I can understand the motivation to make this go away...

As I mentioned elsewhere Dahlonega and greater Lumpkin county depend on tourism to survive. There's a freaking two day festival to commemorate a black bear wandering into town. A giant monkey would have to be good for at least a long weekend worth of festivities. Every elected official, business owner, CoC member, and investor wants to see more out of town traffic, not less.

Admin

Yes, that's my point. The deputy sheriff driving the car reports to Stacy Jarrard, the same Stacy Jarrard that came up with the story that it was all a hoax.

I can understand the motivation to make this go away...the LEOs in north Georgia were burned by a certain Matthew Whitton a few years ago.

Whitton didn't burn any LEO in Georgia (or anywhere else) except himself. The residual effects from his actions upon the profession are nil, I can assure you.

I understand the willingness to look for some sort of Police coverup but I'm inclined to believe that this is more likely damage (or spin -if you like) control from the organization alleging the Sheriff failed to investigate this incident. The Sheriff is an elected official as you pointed out and he's also a certified Law Enforcement Officer. Thus he is held to the same standards as any other certified LEO and subject to the same sanctions, should he abuse his position and authority. He has an entire Department of professional LEOs under his command and being untruthful to his constituants wouldn't be a prudent career path. JMO.

On the other side, we have a group who is investigating Bigfoot reports with a TV crew in tow.

I think I'll wait to see how this plays out.

Guest tirademan

Thought it was a good show overall, considering what can happen in the editing room!

They had locals talk...very good. Got some stuff on pixels and plaster...again, great! More analyze please? website?

I liked the fact they didn't cater to the skeptical side. Try to prove what(?) to anyone when you KNOW they're out there...why bother. Although they did use the word "believers." Ugh.

I'm biased, but I thought it was better than most.

One thing I didn't like was "bigfootS" Huh? C'mon Matt! I thought Bigfoot was good plural and singular...am I wrong? Bigfoots...really?

BUT before anyone claims the first Call-Blast, let me put that to rest...see attached from 1920. Plus some GA stuff...

tirademan

post-325-039178800 1306988845_thumb.gif

post-325-030995200 1306989163_thumb.jpg

post-325-012575200 1306989174_thumb.jpg

post-325-036055200 1306989189_thumb.jpg

Guest ajciani

I saw the Georgia episode aired on May 30th.

I would place it at about the same level as MQ, except that the BFRO actually found some stuff and got activity. I would say better than the Snell Grove Lake MQ episode.

Just to recap, I watched it with some others, all technically and forensically minded.

1) They had Bobo reenact the bigfoot crossing the road. MM compared the original video (not enhanced?) to Bobo's run. Bobo was wearing some bright clothes, and was easily recognized in the video, while the possible bigfoot was dark, and hard to make out. A frame-by-frame analysis was not performed. It was completely qualitative. MM thought that Bobo "bounced" when he ran, while the bigfoot "glided" across the road. There was no analysis to support either statement. The videos looked very similar, in speed and stride length. I think the bigfoot could have been Bobo wearing a costume.

2) They had a night outing. Threw out some howls, and got a couple of wood knocks in response. Something may have followed them out.

3) They investigated the area where a hunter found some footprints. An interesting aspect described by the hunter indicated that the bigfoot would walk about 30 feet, turn back about 7 feet, and then walk forward another 30. I have done this kind of pattern before, when trying to see deep into the woods. They found 2 clear footprints in the area.

4) MM and Bobo went to a location where another witness claims to have had a giant tree thrown at him by a bigfoot. MM questioned the witness, and became suspicious that the witness was lying. MM led the witness with descriptive features that were contradictory to what MM thinks a bigfoot looks like. The witness pretty much just agreed with what MM said.

5) Another night outing, with multiple cars and thermal imaging equipment. One person gets a large animal (behind trees). They do some howls, and hear a howl.

Our take was that MM has bigfoots on his brain. There was far too much subjective information from him, and too many subjective conclusions. Most of the other stuff was pretty good.

edit:sp

Edited by ajciani

I have been anxiously Waiting for this show for over a year.............I was NOT disappointed. I loved it! If you thought they were actually going to Capture a Bigfoot, then you will be disappointed. This show was flat out waaaaayyyy better than any of the monsterquest shows I have seen.

I crack up at the BFRO Bashing that goes on here........... :D

GREAT SHOW and I cant wait for the next episode..............I'll admit, Maybe I am a little bias cause the first show aired, was filmed in an area not far from where I live and where I used to work; I feel I know the areas well and have been on Granite road before; me thinks I want to go back though, its been a while.............the Chattahoochee National Forest could surely support our big hairy friends

SSR Team

BUT before anyone claims the first Call-Blast, let me put that to rest...see attached from 1920. Plus some GA stuff...

tirademan

:D

Wow, & put to bed 90 Years ago..

Admin

Very cool articles there, TM....As Usual!

I said: Ok tho SqWAtcher, what is this I am hearing about them saying bigfoot having a black nose? That's BS as a rule, except and unless he put his nose in some charcoal.

BTW SqWAtcher, I do realize that this wasn't your claim personally. I was only asking for your thoughts on it and didn't mean to infer otherwise.

I thought the show was ok. To me they seemed to come to conclusions way to fast and way to easy. The dash cam video was inconclusive at best, but they had Bobo run across the street and said that there was no similarities between the two videos so it had to be a squatch. I thought the two videos playing side by side looked very similar. Just my opinion.

Edited by Sasfan

Guest ajciani

I was watching the show with a non-bigfooter, and they thought some of the stuff MM said smelled funky. I covered for MM, and told them that he was probably trying to put out some misinformation, so that people making reports after seeing the show would provide the fake details.

At least, that's what I hope he was doing.

Some of MM's other claims also tripped the BS alarms, and this was a person who didn't know him from John Doe, or anything at all about BF. This person is also a Federal investigator, and deals with BS regularly. MM is simply not a good face for bigfootery.

The rest of the crew was awesome though. Ditch MM and get Pat Spain, keep the rest.

Guest SqWAtcher

I don't know, I haven't seen a sasquatches' face close enough to infer any details like that, but I think MM was saying that they, or the ones he has seen, have dark skin, like the color of a dog's nose. I can't really comment on it from experience, either mine or his, but I have read numerous reports of them having darker skin. I think his statement of having a nose "like a dog's" was meant in that way, and not suggesting they have a canid-like nose.

Some of them having darker skin overall yes but if he said just their nose was dark then no. I didn't actually catch that part in the video, somehow it didn't play when I viewed it. I am going by what others have said about it. At about what minute mark was the statement, or can someone post the quoted text? Sometimes things can be explained with the details.

Guest wudewasa

Arguing over the color of a bigfoot's nose, what has BFF stooped to?! It reminds me if this conversation: