Animal Planet Bigfoot Series 6 Episodes on American BF Sightings

Guest ajciani

Guest SqWAtcher

It was a TV show, and the production crew want to get shots of the cast doing things that they would usually do. Driving with thermals pointed into the woods is something they would try, but not usually in a lengthy caravan, as seen on the show. But with a cast car and a couple of production vehicles, travelling anywhere became a caravan. And after you throw in 2 vehicles carrying volunteers to run thermals, it really grows. But the point was to show what we do, and explain why we do it. Sure, it is usually with one car, or at the most 2, but the viewers can understand the concept and maybe try it themselves, possibly resulting in a great piece of footage. Unfortunately, there is a vague line where actual "real" bigfooting stops and making an interesting, entertaining and watchable TV show starts. It wasn't meant to be a documentary, it is supposed to be an informative and engaging television program, meant for the masses. And in addition, I can attest that the footprints that were found were in fact not planted or faked in any way, and were quite distinct in the dirt there, with all toes very clear and visible, and at 14 3/4 inches long, while not as large as some sasquatch footprints, were still very big, wide and flat-footed, and would translate into something like a size 18 shoe. It's too bad that more time wasn't spent on that portion of the show, with more detailed shots and measurements shared with the audience, but again, it is a TV show with a set length, spending most of the show discussing the prints would have been fascinating to people like us, but most of the viewers would most likely change the channel pretty quick if it was a purely technical show.

Saw the program last night.

The police dash cam recreation with Bobo seemed more haphazard than exact. If the car was not very close to the exact location of the police car original, or the "sasquatch" was not very close to its original location, then any comparison would be problematic. Even given that, they at least showed that the alleged sasquatch did not cross the road with nonhuman speed.

Concluding the video was of a real sasquatch because it did not move like Bobo in the comparison video is a dubious conclusion, for several reasons.

We see two tracks, and the casting of the tracks. We are assured the tracks are very good sasquatch tracks. Unfortunately, they did not show a good shot (overhead) of the tracks on the ground, nor did they show us a good shot of the casts. This was an oversight, or something worse.

The caravan through the woods produced a second or two thermal, but the viewer was given basically only one option to consider --- it was a sasquatch.

Moneymaker enters the dark woods and hears a sasquatch yell or howl. It sounds very distinct, yet others near don't seem to hear it as well as we, the viewers do. (This my impression after an initial viewing).

I can understand why folks here liked the show.

The police cam was of a sasquatch.

Tracks found were made by a sasquatch.

The thermal was of a sasquatch.

The howl or yell was of a sasquatch.

Conclusion: sasquatch is real and lives in Georgia.

This is what the show's target audience wanted to hear. It heard it on Finding Bigfoot.

Hey, great analysis of the show. I actually like this show, they go back to where the sightings were and and listen to the witness. Like that.

I recorded it Sunday night but didn't get around to watching it until yesterday. All in all I enjoyed it as it was something new that I hadn't seen a gazillion times before and it was from Georgia.

Bobo and Cliff impressed me. Dang, Bobo is one big dude and a person I'd love to meet face to face.

I also appreciated MM asking some tough questions of the witness he and Bobo went with to the area of his experience and appearing to afford some critical thought by the questions posed to the witness.

My only criticism is that I would have liked more critical thought as I think it would have bolstered their findings if applied. Especially regarding the footprints they found. Cliff intimated they were the most impressive he's found, but I'm left to assume he cast them as it wasn't shown whether he did or not.

I'd like to have seen some comparative analysis of the footprints they found against some others to better explain why Cliff found them so impressive.

I'll definitely be watching the future shows and am encouraged with the first one.

Admin

Saw the program last night.

The police dash cam recreation with Bobo seemed more haphazard than exact. If the car was not very close to the exact location of the police car original, or the "sasquatch" was not very close to its original location, then any comparison would be problematic. Even given that, they at least showed that the alleged sasquatch did not cross the road with nonhuman speed.

Concluding the video was of a real sasquatch because it did not move like Bobo in the comparison video is a dubious conclusion, for several reasons.

How about concluding it was a real sasquatch when it had already been proven a prank by the local Sheriff, prior to filming?

http://www.thedahlon...4%20bigfoot.txt

They may change their minds, however, when they learn that Sheriff Stacy Jarrard claims to have proven the sighting to be a hoax. Jarrard said he went out the next day to question homeowners in the area. At the first house he stopped at, he says, there were two young men, students at North Georgia College & State University, who were “acting really nervous. You could see their hearts were beating really fast,” he says.

The two did not admit to the prank right away, but later in the week they copped to one of them donning a gorilla suit and running across the road in front of vehicles on the night in question. Jarrard says he even has a photograph of the two boys with the gorilla suit.

How about concluding it was a real sasquatch when it had already been proven a prank by the local Sheriff, prior to filming?

The two did not admit to the prank right away, but later in the week they copped to one of them donning a gorilla suit and running across the road in front of vehicles on the night in question. Jarrard says he even has a photograph of the two boys with the gorilla suit.

[/i]

This is a problem......I hope it was mentioned in the show.

I also hope that none of the researchers participating in the show knew about it.

Admin

Not sure about that of course. I just know the information was available here, well in advance, and easily located elsewhere with very minimal effort.

Guest Rob008

This happened on Destinatin Truth with the Sloth. They found this weird hairless animal in Panama and it latter turned out to be a sloth that had been the water a long time.

Guest wudewasa

They may change their minds, however, when they learn that Sheriff Stacy Jarrard claims to have proven the sighting to be a hoax. Jarrard said he went out the next day to question homeowners in the area. At the first house he stopped at, he says, there were two young men, students at North Georgia College & State University, who were “acting really nervous. You could see their hearts were beating really fast,†he says.

Photographs of the suit won't convince me- bring forth the DNA! :lol: Did these nefarious rascals from GA keep the suit in a freezer perchance?!

Well researched, masterbarber!

Looks like someone hasn't learned from the last time he was punked by two guys, a suit and a few seconds of blurry film footage....

They may change their minds, however, when they learn that Sheriff Stacy Jarrard claims to have proven the sighting to be a hoax. Jarrard said he went out the next day to question homeowners in the area. At the first house he stopped at, he says, there were two young men, students at North Georgia College & State University, who were “acting really nervous. You could see their hearts were beating really fast,†he says.

Good reveal MB.

This seems to happen all too often with certain said organization and individual. The fact that the footage came from an officer is exploited for what its worth, but the truth behind it is ignored or even buried. How many times has this happened? I saw the buildup by same said organization here on the McKenzie and did everything possible to show it was just a blurry human at the height of the river running season. Some people however wanted it to be a bigfoot no matter what. That's how they operate.

It was a TV show, and the production crew want to get shots of the cast doing things that they would usually do. Driving with thermals pointed into the woods is something they would try, but not usually in a lengthy caravan, as seen on the show. But with a cast car and a couple of production vehicles, travelling anywhere became a caravan. And after you throw in 2 vehicles carrying volunteers to run thermals, it really grows. But the point was to show what we do, and explain why we do it. Sure, it is usually with one car, or at the most 2, but the viewers can understand the concept and maybe try it themselves, possibly resulting in a great piece of footage. Unfortunately, there is a vague line where actual "real" bigfooting stops and making an interesting, entertaining and watchable TV show starts. It wasn't meant to be a documentary, it is supposed to be an informative and engaging television program, meant for the masses. And in addition, I can attest that the footprints that were found were in fact not planted or faked in any way, and were quite distinct in the dirt there, with all toes very clear and visible, and at 14 3/4 inches long, while not as large as some sasquatch footprints, were still very big, wide and flat-footed, and would translate into something like a size 18 shoe. It's too bad that more time wasn't spent on that portion of the show, with more detailed shots and measurements shared with the audience, but again, it is a TV show with a set length, spending most of the show discussing the prints would have been fascinating to people like us, but most of the viewers would most likely change the channel pretty quick if it was a purely technical show.

SqWAtcher, it sounds as if you were there?

That sheriff has superpowers...he can see peoples hearts beating fast? Wow.

So where are the picture of the students with the suit?

Oregonman, even tho I've seen the pattern before, I agree that it would be good to see validation of the Sheriff claim before completely passing judgment.

Guest Strick

I'm glad the show is apparently already up on YouTube. I must get around to watching it before it's taken down. I doubt the show will go out in the UK for a long while, if at all, so feel free to upload as many of the future episodes as you like.

Don't get yourselves arrested though.

Personally, I enjoyed this first episode, much more than any of the recent TV BF presentations. I look forward to seeing the remaining episodes. I can identify with much of what they did in the field (not at all unlike, what we do...minus the expensive FLIR equipment...lol), and enjoyed seeing and hearing the results. Very happy for Cliff, in finding these quality prints.

The Georgia officer, doesn't really owe the BF community any further explanation, regarding the dash cam footage... but would like, also, to see further proof, that the road crossing footage, was a hoax. Sign that college guy up, for the track team. I noticed a difference, in how smoothly, the dark figure moved across the road, in comparison to Bobo's run. Still on the fence, but thought it looked pretty good. I had saw the news clip, that MB linked here...before watching the show. Everything that passes through here, is Not always a hoax.

SSR Team

So where are the picture of the students with the suit?

This Guy's got it, apparently, although it hasn't been released publically it seems..

http://www.lumpkincounty.gov/dept/sheriff

Is this the Sheriff who was driving at the time does anyone know ??

& was he on the Show or if wasn't the one that was driving, was the Sheriff that was driving on teh Show ??