The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

I feel you man, I really do. You have a hunger to have it put to rest once and for all, and that is a noble and worthy goal if you ask me.  Many giants in the history of the field have also had that drive, we know.  However, there are a lot of other interested people who have reached a level of satisfaction with the evidence so far. I wouldn't say they've declared victory, exactly, but more like they have reached the "good enough" level of proof.  As I like to tell skeptics, "Don't  discount the evidence you have for the evidence you wish you had".  If I take the hundreds of congruent accounts and match them to the footprints, which match up with native lore, which match up with the sound recordings, which jibe with the photos and film, and coincide with my own experiences?  To my way of thinking I've pretty much confirmed this thing as true.  Anybody can do any of that for themselves too (and bring their own personal experiences to it, if they have any).   A body and formal scientific acknowledgment would be nice, but hey...I don't need that to be satisfied with my own conclusion.  I don't need it, or even count on it happening in my lifetime, but I get that some do. Not a thing wrong with that at all.  

2 hours ago, norseman said:

The definition of an idiot is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Norseman

You mean " the definition of an idiot is doing the same thing over and over again and coming up with the same result. The problem with tracking the azimuth of a trackway is that it changes in time while following it. Most of the times you will be on you hands and knees placing your fingers in tracks finding their trackway.  That's when it gets tricky since you have to know what to look for and not be hoaxed. But then again what the heck do I know. Right ! Sure you could always look for kill sights  like any other predator , Right ! But my guess is that you would be wrong. So says the great beast Hunter. ( meaning You ) We all have rifts that need to be let out .  The good thing for me is that I really do not have any rifts that need to be let gone. I am pretty much in a Twist way of thinking .

Pretty much just want to go out camping and enjoy the wilderness.  This Steve dude has it pretty good with all that country behind him . There is so much out there to explore then to worry about these creatures. If you want to hunt and enjoy the outdoors then you just going to have to learn how to work around them. I am just learning to live with the fact that they are out there . I do not bother them and they do not bother me.  I have had so many incidents in the woods to understand that I have never been alone. That is the reason why I support this forum and will keep supporting this forum until I die. Cause I truly know they exist and have no need to prove it.    

49 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Norseman

You mean " the definition of an idiot is doing the same thing over and over again and coming up with the same result. The problem with tracking the azimuth of a trackway is that it changes in time while following it. Most of the times you will be on you hands and knees placing your fingers in tracks finding their trackway.  That's when it gets tricky since you have to know what to look for and not be hoaxed. But then again what the heck do I know. Right ! Sure you could always look for kill sights  like any other predator , Right ! But my guess is that you would be wrong. So says the great beast Hunter. ( meaning You ) We all have rifts that need to be let out .  The good thing for me is that I really do not have any rifts that need to be let gone. I am pretty much in a Twist way of thinking .

Pretty much just want to go out camping and enjoy the wilderness.  This Steve dude has it pretty good with all that country behind him . There is so much out there to explore then to worry about these creatures. If you want to hunt and enjoy the outdoors then you just going to have to learn how to work around them. I am just learning to live with the fact that they are out there . I do not bother them and they do not bother me.  I have had so many incidents in the woods to understand that I have never been alone. That is the reason why I support this forum and will keep supporting this forum until I die. Cause I truly know they exist and have no need to prove it.    

No. I meant what I said. You can say it how you would like. 

Tracks will meander or deviate. But often times with enough distance you can figure out where it’s going. If you find further sign down range.

And I support your right to camp and enjoy yourself. I’ve never said otherwise.

Edited by norseman

6 hours ago, norseman said:

Like what?

Countless examples of trace evidence, bones, dna evidence, thousands of witness reports, historical aboriginal tradition, and photographic evidence. It is all either hidden, destroyed, or discounted, either intentionally, institutionally, ideologically, or ignorantly.

5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Countless examples of trace evidence, bones, dna evidence, thousands of witness reports, historical aboriginal tradition, and photographic evidence. It is all either hidden, destroyed, or discounted, either intentionally, institutionally, ideologically, or ignorantly.

If we had it before? We can get it again.

17 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I"m surprised to hear you say this, I'd of thought you were of the mind like Norse that a living and breathing creature should not be infallible and leave more trace evidence that we can seemingly find.

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

If we had it before? We can get it again.

Yup. If this happens again tomorrow and gets captured on a cell phone, things could change very quickly:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=933

3 minutes ago, Twist said:

I"m surprised to hear you say this, I'd of thought you were of the mind like Norse that a living and breathing creature should not be infallible and leave more trace evidence that we can seemingly find.

Bigfoot tracks are found all the time, and most such finds are never recorded. I myself found a trackway at the age of 16, and it is not recorded in any database. The first day Dr. Meldrum met Paul Freeman he was taken to a trackway that Freeman found that very morning. Meldrum couldn't believe it.......until he examined the prints. Freeman had no plans whatsoever to report those prints to anybody.

The evidence is overwhelming. No proof for the denialists, but I've come to believe there are numerous reasons for that, and I am at peace with it.

• Upvote 1

The hang up is he wants it declared by science or we are just chasing ghosts and shadows . We have people posting in this thread that say they are 100% sure they have seen one in the flesh.

Not some shadow behind a tree but they looked right at it.

I'm not going to believe everyone who claims to have seen one is crazy or lying . I can say I've never seen one but I've seen some strange animal I can't explain.

As to tracks I believe it is evidence of something out there unless every track in the last 60 or so years has been hoaxed across North America .

That seems very unlikely to me. It proves something is walking making them. I see a deer track or a bear track even though I might not see them that day I know they passed through my back yard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Yup. If this happens again tomorrow and gets captured on a cell phone, things could change very quickly:

Bigfoot tracks are found all the time, and most such finds are never recorded. I myself found a trackway at the age of 16, and it is not recorded in any database. The first day Dr. Meldrum met Paul Freeman he was taken to a trackway that Freeman found that very morning. Meldrum couldn't believe it.......until he examined the prints. Freeman had no plans whatsoever to report those prints to anybody.

The evidence is overwhelming. No proof for the denialists, but I've come to believe there are numerous reasons for that, and I am at peace with it.

It’s not just denialists that want proof.

You are of the minority in that manner  IMHO. Based on my observations and many conversations with  proponents.

I of course do not understand how people that actually believe in or think they know they exist don't want them scientifically 

cataloged and protected. 

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Please share some of the numerous reasons why we denialists are not convinced by this overwhelming evidence. I am very interested in your take on this and then I will tell you why I am far from convinced from this evidence you speak of if you are interested. 

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Twist said:

Freeman footage doesn’t really do to much for me in terms video evidence.  I understand it has the casts to go with it.  I don’t dismiss it completely but it’s no where near the level of the PGF IMO.

I dismiss it completely.

Fake trackway

Fat guy in a suit. Not a  7 foot muscleman.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

It’s not just denialists that want proof.

True, and even a carcass won't be proof for true denialists. You'll need at least two.

49 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

.......Please share some of the numerous reasons why we denialists are not convinced by this overwhelming evidence. I am very interested in your take on this and then I will tell you why I am far from convinced from this evidence you speak of if you are interested. 

Thanks in advance.

Not just denialists, but anybody who doesn't accept the existence of sasquatches simply wants proof, not just evidence. Like you, they are not convinced by the evidence. 

Works for me.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

I don’t even bother anymore with samples because I have no where to send them too. Someone suggested 23 and me but to my knowledge they take saliva samples. I’ve found hair and scat samples.... Probably bear. So without anyone taking samples cheaply? What’s left?

I am in the same boat.  We have found hair on two occasions that I have absolutely no idea what to do with...

It sits in a Ziploc bag on a shelf.  

• Thanks 1