The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

BFF Patron
16 hours ago, Twist said:

You think mountain gorillas cooperate?   I think they probably tolerate at best.   I guess I don’t know (but hope) if this is sarcasm.  

There are adventure tourism guided trips to see the mountain gorillas.    Their habitat is in a small region and if you approach quietly and follow some rules,  you can observe them from a distance.     Approach too close and they bluff charge to move you away.    So they basically do tolerate humans to some extent.   Fossey was able to get very close because they accepted her as not a threat.  

On 3/16/2020 at 3:30 AM, starchunk said:

If you paid 300 bucks to go out camping plus had to supply your own food and gear and cover your own transportation when you could have done the same thing on your own...?

I agree.

29 minutes ago, Twist said:

.......I’d venture a guess that big game hunts, while guaranteeing nothing, have a much better track record of success compared to BFRO expeditions!  

Depends, especially on the species hunted. Lots of brown bear, Dall sheep, and mountain goat hunts are "unsuccessful" for a variety of reasons. But sasquatch expedition goals are documented up front not to include harvesting the quarry. So "success" isn't measured alike at all.

That’s interesting,  I’d love a chance to get that close.  I’d call this a fine line between cooperate and tolerate!  

With nary a good clear pic to present to the public I call BFRO expeditions unsuccessful to date.   I get there are different goals but given the length of the search, aside from the PGF we as a whole are unsuccessful.  As always, just my opinion.   I’m sure others have different measures for success or claims to secret evidence but it’s all null and void to me at this point.   

Edited by Twist

26 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

There are adventure tourism guided trips to see the mountain gorillas.........

Even as a big game hunter, I have no interest in an African hunting safari, but I would very much enjoy a guided tour among wild gorillas, either mountain or lowland. Again, it's not likely to ever happen, simply because I think overseas travel has been risky for several years, and now is actually banned due to risk.........and African disease risks have been legendary forever, anyway.

I almost went on a shark cage dive on the north shore of Oahu once, but didn't have time to fit our family's schedule. It was going to be @ $300 for less than an hour in the water. I don't know what shark species would be encountered, but I would hope for a 12' or larger tiger shark. If I'm not mistaken, white shark cage dives outside of San Francisco Bay near the Farallons cost at or over $1000. 

BFF Patron

Twist it is pretty hard to get a clear picture when think you have to look after dark.     The brain trust at the BFRO think that BF are primarily nocturnal.    The best that they can hope for is a brief glimpse on a FLIR camera.     I cannot figure out how a group that accepts the P/G film as authentic, turns around and preaches that BF are nocturnal,  when Patty was photographed in the middle of the day.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

If I'm not mistaken, white shark cage dives outside of San Francisco Bay near the Farallons cost at or over $1000. 

I would SO do that.

...IF I had money.

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I cannot figure out how a group that accepts the P/G film as authentic, turns around and preaches that BF are nocturnal,  when Patty was photographed in the middle of the day.  

Perhaps PRIMARILY nocturnal. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I don't think they are primarily nocturnal unless they are in an area with a lot of human activity.    I found in my research area on weekends when there were a lot of people in the area,   nothing ever happened.   During the week was when I had contact or they messed with me.    Most of the time during the week I never saw anyone else.   I have never done night research.  

Having seen all the episodes of Jaws,   you could never get me in a shark cage with Great Whites in the area.    

• Upvote 1

I’d so do a shark cage!   I want the Meg if the cage can handle it! Lol

My one encounter I believe to be a BF was middle of the day.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I would SO do that.

...IF I had money.......

Compared to the average cruise price, it's a bargain. And it's many times more cool. 

@Twist

Can we either say electronic distortion when one of us do try to take pictures of them.

I personally believe them to be standard flesh and blood creatures.  I’m skeptical about things like infrasound or electronic distortion.  

• Like 1

BFF Patron

If whales, elephants, lions and tigers use infrasound why not Sasquatch?    Its not like its use is unknown in the animal kingdom.   

• Upvote 1

Because its more rare than common in animals and I know of only a few accounts of infrasound being reported.  I'm not going to be flabbergasted if they are discovered and it does use infrasound.   For now its a trait that is possible but very rare.  I've read they will braid a horses mane,  its not a trait I'll attribute to them just yet. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Twist said:

Because its more rare than common in animals and I know of only a few accounts of infrasound being reported.  I'm not going to be flabbergasted if they are discovered and it does use infrasound.   For now its a trait that is possible but very rare.  I've read they will braid a horses mane,  its not a trait I'll attribute to them just yet. 

There's nothing especially implausible about infrasound, I dont feel it belongs in the same category as the cloaking, mindspeaky nonsense of the woo crowd. Whales, bats, etc are real world examples of mammals that can use sound in some way above and beyond the norm.