The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

Right handed, Left eye dominant too. I sight with my right eye for  pistol, rifle and shotgun. It’s weird and the thing is it feels unnatural to sight with my dominant eye ever since I picked up my Daisy for the first time as a kid. I am a decent shot, no Expert class marksman, but I do alright. At age 61, too late to change now !

I am right handed for most things. I shoot left handed and am right eye dominant. I sight  with my left eye on rifles, and bows and sight with my right eye and shoot right handed for pistols. My dad is in the same situation only opposite.

When I was in the military, I had welts on my inner elbow from M-16 casings landing in the crook of my arm.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:50 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I am in the same boat.  We have found hair on two occasions that I have absolutely no idea what to do with...

It sits in a Ziploc bag on a shelf.  

Paper not plastic, I've heard oils in the plastic contaminate any potential DNA in the hair, etc.

BFF Patron

Starchunk is right.   Put DNA in paper bags or put it in glass.  If testing is delayed put it in the freezer.   Glass vials with lids are best.   A paper bag invites your breath to contaminate the sample.    You can get real sample vials from Amazon.  

On 3/11/2020 at 12:16 PM, WSA said:

Getting back to the stick structure question though...

I am of the opinion that SOMETHING with hands, and without  mechanical assist is creating these things that would be outside of the range of human abilities to be created in the same manner.  There are no other candidates for the creators of these things. (If you have a theory, please post it. We had pages and pages of descriptions and photos of tree structures/manipulations over the better part of a year here on the Forum, and nothing ever was proposed. Just sayin')  

And here is the point:

If somebody plugged a Sasquatch tomorrow and drug it in through the front door of John Hopkins Medical School, we would not know any more than we do right now about how/why these structures were created.  Given that point...and I think it is beyond refute...what difference does the existence of a type specimen make on this narrow question?  Of course, I would say it would make no difference at all.  We know right now to a reasonable degree of certainty what is making these things. The ability to explain that further is completely independent of the existence of a body or not.

Tell me why I'm wrong.   And if I am right, take note of just how high the walls have been built around the denial of the evidence, and acknowledge that it is not the lack of a type specimen that is fueling this denial., on this point at least.  

The upside down tree stuff, ok, weird... but 95% of the rest of it, gravity, wind, snow load, human manipulation, other explanable phenomenon. Waaaaaay too much credit given to stick piles.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:48 PM, WSA said:

No, you guys are missing it completely. This is not about a little "pile of sticks" or a kid's lean-to. It is not like tree-knocks, or even purported BF yells. If it was like any of those things I  would have no point to make.

This>> 

"...SOMETHING with hands, and without  mechanical assist is creating these things that would be outside of the range of human abilities to be created in the same manner."

Interesting how we've skipped from, "You can't prove BF made these things" to  "These structures don't really exist at all..."   They have been documented, and they do exist.  Let's just agree on that?  

No.... they do exist and 95% plus are explainable, even the bigger ones. Hunters can make shelters, and team up to dos so. Wood knocks have no undeniable truth and neither do stick piles. Its a bunch of wishful thinking.

On 3/11/2020 at 4:53 PM, 7.62 said:

The only ones I have ever seen that were beyond a few men building without block and tackle and possibly a small crane were from YouTube guy Colorado bigfoot. I stopped watching him 2 years ago because everything he finds is bigfoot 

Made this. !!!!It was silly and annoying 

He went off the deep end with little people and hidden bigfoot cities and beyond. Either a clickbaiter or completely out of his mind.

Edited by starchunk
  • Upvote 1

On 3/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, WSA said:

Twist...country. All my first jobs were farm jobs, keeping livestock, harvesting crops, forking hay (right, no baler). Running around in the woods was my preferred pastime, riding dirt bikes especially. I'm pretty much an urban critter these days, except for visits home or backpacking expeditions. Oh, we built many a "fort" as did most kids before cable teevee, video games and cell phones.  Some were epic...at least they were in my 12 y.o. minds-eye.  Most were glorified brush piles.  

There is this category of what I'll call Assemblages of heavy logs, most often in tepee formations, generally symmetrical, no cut ends, all coming from stumps some distance away, and logs too heavy/too remote to have been assembled by human hands and with no evidence of mechanical assistance.  Something made these. They just didn't fall together and no wind blew them into that pile, so exactly. That is the kind of thing I'm referring to.  

As somebody who has done his share of logging, firewood cutting, log skidding, trail building, etc.  I know what you can do with a portable come-along or grip hoist, but the signs of that, or of heavy equipment, is not easily disguised. You also get into the whole "omnipresent hoaxer" theory when you go there, that applies to foot print evidence as well: "Possible" does not remotely equate to probable, and the motivation behind the hoax is indiscernible to the point of being an absurdity to ponder.   

just like Bigfoot doing it isnt probable

BFF Patron

As I have previously mentioned when my research area was active, I never found anything like a teepee structure, not one.  I did in in other areas but because of road proximity and small size, I would be more inclined to pin it on a hunter or scout troop  Mind you my research area was in an area where I found footprints every two or three months, so it was definitely active.  The teepee thing is either regional or exists because of humans or BF into construction.       Now and then a BF might have some sort of creative urge,  who knows!    Or there is another possibility related to two experiences that happened to me.      I examine carefully every deer carcus I find in the woods.    Trying to determine signs of blunt force kill.    If I have been observed doing that,  is that the reason I had a deer carcus placed by the driver side of my truck?     I also examine and document every footprint find.      If observed doing that,  the observer knows I am very interested in them.      Is that the reason the day I was zapped with infrasound,  I found a fresh footprint on the trail ahead of me I was traveling on when I got zapped?    Sort of an apology for hurting me?      I wonder.     So if researchers in an active area, make a big deal about photographing crossed pole down wood that is natural wind fall,   do the local BF then create them because they know we are interested in them?     I have a gut feeling that BF have an inferiority complex about us and our gadgets.   Are teepee structures we are not capable of making,   a display of their strength?   They certainly are not shelters.     Certainly possible.    

On 3/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, norseman said:

I’m not being a jerk. But everyone of the pictures you have posted I could have made as a kid with ease. The only delineation being how fancy of a fort do you want? And many of your pictures looked like they are in peoples back yards? And most of your pictures show lean tos to small for a Bigfoot or three. The water one looks like a fish trap someone built to catch fish. I don’t see any evidence of Bigfoot. I do see evidence of humans. Maybe a couple are just nature. Sorry.

They certainly exist. Just highly unlikely made by large man apes. I agree with nature being a tremendous factor. 

Also, of course humans. I made them also as a kid . 

I am ambidextrous. I think it is because my mom was left handed and taught me backwards. Perhaps, I should have been right handed.

I mastered both. 

On 3/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

They certainly exist. Just highly unlikely made by large man apes. I agree with nature being a tremendous factor. 

Also, of course humans. I made them also as a kid . 

I am ambidextrous. I think it is because my mom was left handed and taught me backwards. Perhaps, I should have been right handed.

I mastered both. 

Same can be said of wood knocks, they ARE a thing. The cause is the sticking point. Far as I'm aware noone has produced a photo of a large monkey man whacking a tree with a big stick. That started with Moneymaker, who is in my opinion, a dubious source of information given his for profit motivations.

• Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, starchunk said:

Same can be said of wood knocks, they ARE a thing. The cause is the sticking point. Far as I'm aware noone has produced a photo of a large monkey man whacking a tree with a big stick. That started with Moneymaker, who is in my opinion, a dubious source of information given his for profit motivations.

Monkey man? JREF much?!

• Downvote 1

BFF Patron
45 minutes ago, starchunk said:

Although I have experienced  wood knocks within yards of me made by a large biped I heard tromping towards me,      I accept that some are made by BF even though that has not been seen that I am aware of.     I think it very convenient that an organization into guided expeditions holds them in so high esteem.    Might liven things up a bit when an expedition has a bust on BF activity.    I have no idea how they  discern between knocks made by expedition humans and those made by BF.  Maybe they don't want to.    They seem to make a lot of money on repeat customers and probably wouldn't if all their expedition were a bust on activity. 

33 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Although I have experienced  wood knocks within yards of me made by a large biped I heard tromping towards me,      I accept that some are made by BF even though that has not been seen that I am aware of.     I think it very convenient that an organization into guided expeditions holds them in so high esteem.    Might liven things up a bit when an expedition has a bust on BF activity.    I have no idea how they  discern between knocks made by expedition humans and those made by BF.  Maybe they don't want to.    They seem to make a lot of money on repeat customers and probably wouldn't if all their expedition were a bust on activity. 

gotta keep the rubes coming back somehow

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

BFF Patron

That will tick some forum members off who have done the expeditions! 

Rubes, huh?    Guess I resemble that.   I've done one BFRO trip and I'll most likely do more.    Whether it is worthwhile or not depends on what you are after.   I got *my* money's worth, got exactly what *I* went for and then some.   Getting what I spent the money to get is my definition of worthwhile.

MIB