The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

3 minutes ago, ioyza said:

Separated to highlight elements that would clearly delineate your childhood forts from most sasquatch structures if you cared to pay attention to the trends people have documented.

Here are all the structures I've found (minus a few probably): https://imgur.com/a/0xNmCuy

I realize not many of these fall into the category of defying human capabilities, but how many actually match your description of fort building? Do you honestly not see some trends in those 40-odd structures? Also note this doesn't include other sign that I wouldn't quite qualify as a "structure" per se, e.g. https://imgur.com/JcjGHej (https://imgur.com/epylGsG), or deer kills nearby, etc etc.

I’m not being a jerk. But everyone of the pictures you have posted I could have made as a kid with ease. The only delineation being how fancy of a fort do you want? And many of your pictures looked like they are in peoples back yards? And most of your pictures show lean tos to small for a Bigfoot or three. The water one looks like a fish trap someone built to catch fish. I don’t see any evidence of Bigfoot. I do see evidence of humans. Maybe a couple are just nature. Sorry.

Twist...country. All my first jobs were farm jobs, keeping livestock, harvesting crops, forking hay (right, no baler). Running around in the woods was my preferred pastime, riding dirt bikes especially. I'm pretty much an urban critter these days, except for visits home or backpacking expeditions. Oh, we built many a "fort" as did most kids before cable teevee, video games and cell phones.  Some were epic...at least they were in my 12 y.o. minds-eye.  Most were glorified brush piles.  

There is this category of what I'll call Assemblages of heavy logs, most often in tepee formations, generally symmetrical, no cut ends, all coming from stumps some distance away, and logs too heavy/too remote to have been assembled by human hands and with no evidence of mechanical assistance.  Something made these. They just didn't fall together and no wind blew them into that pile, so exactly. That is the kind of thing I'm referring to.  

As somebody who has done his share of logging, firewood cutting, log skidding, trail building, etc.  I know what you can do with a portable come-along or grip hoist, but the signs of that, or of heavy equipment, is not easily disguised. You also get into the whole "omnipresent hoaxer" theory when you go there, that applies to foot print evidence as well: "Possible" does not remotely equate to probable, and the motivation behind the hoax is indiscernible to the point of being an absurdity to ponder.   

Edited by WSA

2 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I dont carry a rifle only  handgun . 44 mag model 29

Wish they made those for southpaws.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I never really checked but are there any revolvers built for lefty ?

Getting back to structures the most interesting ones I have ever seen were from Desert Sasquatch on youtube.

Either all were made by a person just trying to mess around with who ever might come across them but some were so out of the way why build them there.

Or it was some Blair witch stuff going on in his research area . Either way some were pretty freaky to come across in my opinion .

Edited by 7.62

1 hour ago, WSA said:

Twist...country. All my first jobs were farm jobs, keeping livestock, harvesting crops, forking hay (right, no baler). Running around in the woods was my preferred pastime, riding dirt bikes especially. I'm pretty much an urban critter these days, except for visits home or backpacking expeditions. Oh, we built many a "fort" as did most kids before cable teevee, video games and cell phones.  Some were epic...at least they were in my 12 y.o. minds-eye.  Most were glorified brush piles.  

There is this category of what I'll call Assemblages of heavy logs, most often in tepee formations, generally symmetrical, no cut ends, all coming from stumps some distance away, and logs too heavy/too remote to have been assembled by human hands and with no evidence of mechanical assistance.  Something made these. They just didn't fall together and no wind blew them into that pile, so exactly. That is the kind of thing I'm referring to.  

As somebody who has done his share of logging, firewood cutting, log skidding, trail building, etc.  I know what you can do with a portable come-along or grip hoist, but the signs of that, or of heavy equipment, is not easily disguised. You also get into the whole "omnipresent hoaxer" theory when you go there, that applies to foot print evidence as well: "Possible" does not remotely equate to probable, and the motivation behind the hoax is indiscernible to the point of being an absurdity to ponder.   

Appreciate the response WSA,  glad to hear you got to grew up in the country.  I certainly am glad I had a life that was similar.  Wouldn’t trade it for anything.   

That being said I’d agree with Norse that few structures (If any) I’ve seen in photos exceed what could be done with some ingenuity.   Perhaps I’ve not studied this particular subject as throughly as your self but I’ve not kept my head in the sand regarding it either.   Would you be willing to share some of the more extreme examples?  I’m always open to being corrected or educated.  

Edited by Twist

6 minutes ago, Twist said:

Appreciate the response WSA,  glad to hear you got to grew up in the country.  I certainly am glad I had a life that was similar.  Wouldn’t trade it for anything.   

That being said I’d agree with Norse that few structures (If any) I’ve seen in photos exceed what could be done with some ingenuity.   Perhaps I’ve not studied this particular subject as throughly as your self but I’ve not kept my head in the sand regarding it either.   Would you be willing to share some of the more extreme examples?  I’m always open to being corrected or educated.  

Do you think a group of guys just decide to build something just to mess with people. Haul pulleys , ropes into the woods  etc..  I guess it's possible 

If they do they have a lot of time on their hands :biggrin: they need to get a job !

You seem to operate under the assumption that humans only do logical and sensible things.   You’ve obviously had a different upbringing than me.   Must have different news outlets as well.   :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Im a leftie but shoot a pistol right handed. I cant the pistol to my left eye.

3 minutes ago, Twist said:

I'm a righty who shoots lefty.  I'm left eye dominant, kinda sucks.  

I am right eye dominant. I shoot rifle right handed, but a pistol left handed. Really messes with a person. LOL

...but I've always kind of wanted a big ol wheelgun. 

3 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I am right eye dominant. I shoot rifle right handed, but a pistol left handed. Really messes with a person. LOL

...but I've always kind of wanted a big ol wheelgun. 

Nothing stopping you. Cant the pistol to your right eye.

I can shoot a rifle right or left if taking one shot at a time. Rattling off a clip, not so much right handed and left eye dominant.  lol    Pistol, left is better than right but neither is my strong point, way more experience with rifles.  

4 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Any single action.

Edit: Especially Colt.

Edited by Incorrigible1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Nothing stopping you. Cant the pistol to your right eye.

With a semiauto, yeah, and I do. A pretty good shot in fact. Love my Colt 1911.  But a revolver opens the "wrong" way to load. Even the single actions.

Damned righties.  :P

Maybe someday I will have enough cash to get a custom.

With a single action I don’t see a problem at all. In fact I hold the pistol in my left hand and load with my right hand. My right hand being the dexterous one. I don’t own a double action revolver. But I would imagine it’s not much different.