The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

3 hours ago, MIB said:

Rubes, huh?    Guess I resemble that.   I've done one BFRO trip and I'll most likely do more.    Whether it is worthwhile or not depends on what you are after.   I got *my* money's worth, got exactly what *I* went for and then some.   Getting what I spent the money to get is my definition of worthwhile.

MIB

I would disagree that you are a country bumpkin. You paid for a service and you are satisfied. That is what matters. 

Even I would  consider  going on an BFRO expedition.   Just for the experience and curiosity. Certainly no unreasonable expectations.

I  would not attend one in my state,but  the PNW  definitely.

36 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I would disagree that you are a country bumpkin. You paid for a service and you are satisfied. That is what matters. 

Even I would  consider  going on an BFRO expedition.   Just for the experience and curiosity. Certainly no unreasonable expectations.

I  would not attend one in my state,but  the PNW  definitely.

I would not go on a BFRO expedition. But to quote John Wayne..... “A man oughta do what he thinks is right.”

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, starchunk said:

gotta keep the rubes coming back somehow

"Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead!"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, MIB said:

Rubes, huh?    Guess I resemble that.   I've done one BFRO trip and I'll most likely do more.    Whether it is worthwhile or not depends on what you are after.   I got *my* money's worth, got exactly what *I* went for and then some.   Getting what I spent the money to get is my definition of worthwhile.

MIB

If you paid 300 bucks to go out camping plus had to supply your own food and gear and cover your own transportation when you could have done the same thing on your own...?

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, starchunk said:

If you paid 300 bucks to go out camping plus had to supply your own food and gear and cover your own transportation when you could have done the same thing on your own...?

Of course I could have done THAT on my own.   That focus is on the superficial part.   Camping was merely the means, the "vehicle" if you will, not the end.   I was paying for the end.  I got what I wanted.

MIB

Edited by MIB

About thirty five years ago a friend got the University of Alaska to stand up an entire department called Alaska Wilderness Studies. It became an instant hit, even among experienced Alaskan outdoorsmen. Indeed, the various course instructors were experienced Alaskan outdoorsmen. At the time tuition was @ $35 per credit for three credit classes, so the classes were @ $102 plus books, materials, and fees. Much of the time was classroom, but there was always field time. 

I only did one of those classes, and I did a similar class in the Photography Dept. (my favorite college class if all time) called Approaching Closely to Wildlife, IIRC. It wasn't that such classes were a waste of time. They weren't. In fact, they were excellent, just like all the Army field classes and exercises I went on. I just didn't have the time and money to expend on them compared to activities I preferred to do. 

Ditto a week on a cruise ship. I did a couple, mostly because we got screaming good deals on them. I enjoyed both, am not really interested in doing any more, but I would if the destination and ports of call were right and the cost was good, even now with all the troubles the cruise industry has had over the past several years.

I consider a sasquatch expedition in that way. I'll probably never do one, but would if all the stars aligned. 

BFF Patron

My main issue with BFRO expeditions is that I do not subscribe to most of their beliefs (and that is what they are) about bigfoot.    Given the size of the group and the tree knocking thing,   I cannot imagine a BF anywhere near one of their encampments.   The fact that you are required to be unarmed is problematic but with the numbers of people in the group it is doubtful that cougars or bears would be a problem in the area and expedition members shooting each other might be more of a risk.    The expeditions are easy to find if you look from an airplane.  A bunch of cars parked out in a remote area is not normal.   Last one I bothered to find was in an area where I would not think likely but part of their selection criteria is they need to be remote enough that the authorities do not get involved with what is going on.    I have no doubt that the individuals attending would be interesting and have a lot in common, so the social aspect is certainly worth considering.  Perhaps it would be a good way to find someone to do field work with.  

I don’t ever see myself shelling out money to be taken camping.  Just my personal preference.   I go out in the woods to get away from ppl not join them!  :lol:   More power to them though if ppl are willing to pay.   

If people want to throw gobs of money my way. I’ve got a jet boat, rifles, wall tents, 4x4s, Mules..... whatever. 

Will not promise you seeing a Bigfoot. :mp3:

BFF Patron

$300 might be well worth it if an expedition furnished the food and cooked it.     That would make it way easier to attend.     The African Safaris do that sort of thing.    They furnish transportation, a guide,  shelter, and food.   Anyone know if the expensive hunting guides furnish that stuff?    I wonder if anyone could ever get a bigfoot tribe to cooperate like the mountain gorillas seem to do.      There has to be something in it for bigfoot that they want. 

45 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I wonder if anyone could ever get a bigfoot tribe to cooperate like the mountain gorillas seem to do.      There has to be something in it for bigfoot that they want. 

You think mountain gorillas cooperate?   I think they probably tolerate at best.   I guess I don’t know (but hope) if this is sarcasm.  

2 hours ago, Twist said:

You think mountain gorillas cooperate?

@Twist

Think you should ask it  " How do mountain gorillas cooperate  ? I say this since we do have clear photo's of these creatures .  Not just that, they are so darn easy to find.

5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

$300 might be well worth it if an expedition furnished the food and cooked it.     That would make it way easier to attend.     The African Safaris do that sort of thing.    They furnish transportation, a guide,  shelter, and food.   Anyone know if the expensive hunting guides furnish that stuff?    I wonder if anyone could ever get a bigfoot tribe to cooperate like the mountain gorillas seem to do.      There has to be something in it for bigfoot that they want. 

Human fricassee......garnished with skunk cabbage and a dollop of frozen wild huckleberries.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

$300 might be well worth it if an expedition furnished the food and cooked it.     That would make it way easier to attend.     The African Safaris do that sort of thing.    They furnish transportation, a guide,  shelter, and food.   Anyone know if the expensive hunting guides furnish that stuff?...........

Generally, Alaskan big game hunts last @ 10 days, and transportation, guide, food, and even lodging is included (from motel rooms and/or remote lodges en route to the tents in camp). The clients furnish just their sleeping bags and pads. The food can be great, or down to freeze dried Mountain House stuff, depending on circumstances. 

But Alaskan big game hunts start @ $7K, too, and can go up to @ $30K. That rounds out to @ $700 to $3K per day. That makes a $100 per day sasquatch howling tour a bargain, especially since guided Alaskan big game hunts come with absolutely zero guarantees of even seeing the sought quarry.

13 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

@Twist

Think you should ask it  " How do mountain gorillas cooperate  ? I say this since we do have clear photo's of these creatures .  Not just that, they are so darn easy to find.

We have clear photos because they are not naturally blurry like BF!  :lol:

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Generally, Alaskan big game hunts last @ 10 days, and transportation, guide, food, and even lodging is included (from motel rooms and/or remote lodges en route to the tents in camp). The clients furnish just their sleeping bags and pads. The food can be great, or down to freeze dried Mountain House stuff, depending on circumstances. 

But Alaskan big game hunts start @ $7K, too, and can go up to @ $30K. That rounds out to @ $700 to $3K per day. That makes a $100 per day sasquatch howling tour a bargain, especially since guided Alaskan big game hunts come with absolutely zero guarantees of even seeing the sought quarry.

I’d venture a guess that big game hunts, while guaranteeing nothing, have a much better track record of success compared to BFRO expeditions!