The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

On 3/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, 7.62 said:

With me it's just my bullshit meter that pegs when ever someone claims to have all these multiple encounters . Come on 

As rare as it is to even have ONE encounter and we have people that call in saying they have had all these encounters .

I guess it could be some people do hear a noise or catch a glimpse of a shadow and just assume it's a bigfoot . If you're always looking for bigfoot then

everything you see in the woods is bigfoot :D

Same here. 

We go out every week...into areas that have a history of reports and activity.  Just the two of us, in daylight and night.  The areas that we do seem to get activity at just go quiet after awhile.  We have one area that we are having some strange activity in...but I have strange feeling that it is going to quiet down once it gets warmer.

The vast majority of the time we aren't even getting that noise or shadow.  We get absolutely nothing.  Yet others can't swing a dead cat without hitting Sasquatch.

18 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Same here. 

We go out every week...into areas that have a history of reports and activity.  Just the two of us, in daylight and night.  The areas that we do seem to get activity at just go quiet after awhile.  We have one area that we are having some strange activity in...but I have strange feeling that it is going to quiet down once it gets warmer.

The vast majority of the time we aren't even getting that noise or shadow.  We get absolutely nothing.  Yet others can't swing a dead cat without hitting Sasquatch.

With us it will be our third year now and  are just getting ready to start . My friend told me he never had any thing happen during the winter months , the weirdness always started up in the spring around his cabin.

He bought a new toy for this year. A wildtronic parabolic  and it's pretty cool  but the  price on it shocked me. I thought they were a lot cheaper but there're not.

So now we have this to add with our search. We got the thermals , night vision a parabolic and a  bag of hope :lol:

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

With us it will be our third year now and  are just getting ready to start . My friend told me he never had any thing happen during the winter months , the weirdness always started up in the spring around his cabin.

He bought a new toy for this year. A wildtronic parabolic  and it's pretty cool  but the  price on it shocked me. I thought they were a lot cheaper but there're not.

So now we have this to add with our search. We got the thermals , night vision a parabolic and a  bag of hope :lol:

Please attach the FLIR to a rifle!

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

True, and even a carcass won't be proof for true denialists. You'll need at least two.

Not just denialists, but anybody who doesn't accept the existence of sasquatches simply wants proof, not just evidence. Like you, they are not convinced by the evidence. 

Works for me.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the explanation. After reading Norse's and BRB response, you are probably correct.  

More than one specimen  could be required. :thumbsup:

The overwhelming evidence you speak of could be a matter of interpretation.  I am certainly interested in the evidence that I am aware of . 

With  much certainty ,I am  not impressed by it.  Perhaps it is because the lack of testing and reexamining  of  what is  is available is not being done .

So, I can only conclude what I already knew.  Kill one ,not them all. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Getting back to the stick structure question though...

I am of the opinion that SOMETHING with hands, and without  mechanical assist is creating these things that would be outside of the range of human abilities to be created in the same manner.  There are no other candidates for the creators of these things. (If you have a theory, please post it. We had pages and pages of descriptions and photos of tree structures/manipulations over the better part of a year here on the Forum, and nothing ever was proposed. Just sayin')  

And here is the point:

If somebody plugged a Sasquatch tomorrow and drug it in through the front door of John Hopkins Medical School, we would not know any more than we do right now about how/why these structures were created.  Given that point...and I think it is beyond refute...what difference does the existence of a type specimen make on this narrow question?  Of course, I would say it would make no difference at all.  We know right now to a reasonable degree of certainty what is making these things. The ability to explain that further is completely independent of the existence of a body or not.

Tell me why I'm wrong.   And if I am right, take note of just how high the walls have been built around the denial of the evidence, and acknowledge that it is not the lack of a type specimen that is fueling this denial., on this point at least.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

59 minutes ago, WSA said:

And if I am right, take note of just how high the walls have been built around the denial of the evidence, and acknowledge that it is not the lack of a type specimen that is fueling this denial., on this point at least.  

It's the same way with any purported behavior. Wood knocks.. until someone actually sees a sasquatch whacking a tree with a stick, we don't know for sure what's making these noises! *Report published where witness hears knocks then subsequently sees hairy hand/arm swinging a stick against a tree* Well........   ...... there should be hair on that stick! Go put it in a baggie, send it off to a university and stop making excuses!

People have certain sets of assumptions when weighing evidence against their hypothesis, and when evidence crops up that doesn't fit, they'd rather throw out evidence than adjust their assumptions. That is by far the most ubiquitous form of unscientific thinking that runs rampant in sasquatchery, and I imagine I'll harp on that til the day I die (especially because this concept is much more far-reaching than just as it pertains to sasquatch).

Many will keep clamoring for people to stop making excuses and get their CSI hats on, the rest of us will keep leaving them further in the dust in understanding the nuanced reality of living alongside sasquatch.

Edited by ioyza
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, WSA said:

Getting back to the stick structure question though...

I am of the opinion that SOMETHING with hands, and without  mechanical assist is creating these things that would be outside of the range of human abilities to be created in the same manner.  There are no other candidates for the creators of these things. (If you have a theory, please post it. We had pages and pages of descriptions and photos of tree structures/manipulations over the better part of a year here on the Forum, and nothing ever was proposed. Just sayin')  

And here is the point:

If somebody plugged a Sasquatch tomorrow and drug it in through the front door of John Hopkins Medical School, we would not know any more than we do right now about how/why these structures were created.  Given that point...and I think it is beyond refute...what difference does the existence of a type specimen make on this narrow question?  Of course, I would say it would make no difference at all.  We know right now to a reasonable degree of certainty what is making these things. The ability to explain that further is completely independent of the existence of a body or not.

Tell me why I'm wrong.   And if I am right, take note of just how high the walls have been built around the denial of the evidence, and acknowledge that it is not the lack of a type specimen that is fueling this denial., on this point at least.  

Yah... like a 12 year old me. I made TONS of stick structures as a kid. The fir boughs I cut to make the roof slowly turn brown and fade away leaving the roof poles behind. But I digress..... in certain forests like lodge pole? You would drive yourself crazy with all of the “structures” in there. It’s like looking for faces among clouds. I really do not pay much attention to dead fall. Green living trees that have been twisted recently? Then I take notice. Have not found any associated evidence like hair, tracks or scat..... but I look. Moose and Elk here play heck on smaller evergreens too.

Ohhh the forts we built as kids!  We would purposely build them as far out as possible, taking the quads and dirt bikes to them via weaving between trees off the main trails.    I remember once being freaked out when we were caught by a landowner working on a fort we had kept for a good 2 years.   He didn’t kick us out but told us to make sure we only use deadfall.  That fort was 2 stories tall and even had lights inside run off batteries.  

No, you guys are missing it completely. This is not about a little "pile of sticks" or a kid's lean-to. It is not like tree-knocks, or even purported BF yells. If it was like any of those things I  would have no point to make.

This>> 

"...SOMETHING with hands, and without  mechanical assist is creating these things that would be outside of the range of human abilities to be created in the same manner."

Interesting how we've skipped from, "You can't prove BF made these things" to  "These structures don't really exist at all..."   They have been documented, and they do exist.  Let's just agree on that?  

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, WSA said:

No, you guys are missing it completely. This is not about a little "pile of sticks" or a kid's lean-to. It is not like tree-knocks, or even purported BF yells. If it was like any of those things I  would have no point to make.

This>> 

"...SOMETHING with hands, and without  mechanical assist is creating these things that would be outside of the range of human abilities to be created in the same manner."

Interesting how we've skipped from, "You can't prove BF made these things" to  "These structures don't really exist at all..."   They have been documented, and they do exist.  Let's just agree on that?  

I never said they don’t exist. I said how can you be certain an 800 lbs primate made it?

How many stick structures have you found WSA? And were they impossible for a human to create?

I’m curious who said they don’t exist?     

We built some pretty sweet forts as kids.   Logs can be used that are outside human range.   Simple Come-a-longs that fit in a backpack will do a lot of work.   You may slightly underestimate the ingenuity of some ppl/kids. 

Serious question WSA, did you grow up in a rural or urban area?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I never said they don’t exist. I said how can you be certain an 800 lbs primate made it?

How many stick structures have you found WSA? And were they impossible for a human to create?

The only ones I have ever seen that were beyond a few men building without block and tackle and possibly a small crane were from YouTube guy Colorado bigfoot. I stopped watching him 2 years ago because everything he finds is bigfoot 

Made this. !!!!It was silly and annoying 

2 hours ago, norseman said:
  • The fir boughs
  • I cut to make
  • the roof slowly turn brown and fade away leaving the
  • roof poles behind.

Separated to highlight elements that would clearly delineate your childhood forts from most sasquatch structures if you cared to pay attention to the trends people have documented.

Here are all the structures I've found (minus a few probably): https://imgur.com/a/0xNmCuy

I realize not many of these fall into the category of defying human capabilities, but how many actually match your description of fort building? Do you honestly not see some trends in those 40-odd structures? Also note this doesn't include other sign that I wouldn't quite qualify as a "structure" per se, e.g. https://imgur.com/JcjGHej (https://imgur.com/epylGsG), or deer kills nearby, etc etc.