The Ketchum Report

Lock this thread??? I have been lurking and reading this thread since it's beginning!! What would I do if I couldn't check this thread every day? How would I keep up with all the near misses, possibilites, incorrect pub. dates, speculations, guesses, leaks, lies, clues, etc.... We have the best internet detectives I have ever seen on this thread!! :)

j/k...

But really... I do enjoy the discussions that have taken place on this thread. There are some smart cookies here that I have learned alot from reading. Especially about DNA, NDAs, peer review process and much more.

so..some really think the report is coming out?...It's been really quite for a while now...I really don;t think it will ever be published.. hope i'm wrong..

I think it will eventually come out based on what Ketchum herself has stated more than once on her FB accounts. She has an awful lot of confidence that it will pass peer review. I can't imagine that she would say the things she has said if she had a shred of a doubt that it will pass peer review. But then again, she also was confident that it would be published by now.... so I can see why some are skeptical.

Guest Shaun

I have serious doubts now. I think we will see the Finding Bigfoot crew catch a Sasquatch playing poker before this report comes out. I believe the tests were done, and that things were learned. But, for whatever reason it won't be published.

All I know is: after seeing this circus, I will put much credibility and confidence in BBB reports for future dealings.

My guess is that it is finished, but tied up in litigation with multiple plaintiff's.

IMO that seems to be one of the most logical reasons, but just like 95% of the post on this thread, it's based on speculation.

Imo is that the most logical reasons are; She did not have anything, and the only peer review was to hipe up her local business.

All I know is: after seeing this circus, I will put much credibility and confidence in BBB reports for future dealings.

Depends on what you are measuring. Those reports were about business practices in the front office, not the quality (or lack of) in her lab work.

Guest BFSleuth

If you go and read the individual BBB reports on Ketchum's company you will note:

Almost all the reports are clustered in early 2010 and have to do with retail level customers (with $35 transactions) complaining about slow service. After that the next report is in early 2012 with a similar complaint.

I have no idea what volume of business they do, but it seems they had some issues with communication and backlog of production. It was also around the time they started subcontracting some of the work and it seems most of the complaints had to do with that transition in 2010.

As Mulder noted these BBB complaints have nothing to do with issues of accuracy of work. It also seems that the spate of complaints are done and dealt with and the business issues that caused the reports have also been resolved.

Hmmmm...BBB complaints about slow service.

THERE'S your answer about why the paper isn't out yet. It's very well documented in the BBB that she just simply takes longer than others.

@BFR - Josh Gates' reasoning?

Can I find where he arrives at that conclusion?

Thx.

It's a relief. So there's no other brother Darrell? Still think the report is getting close because of the increase in background activity.

What background activity, specifically?