The Ketchum Report

Has anyone here signed up for the protection group?

Is that page still active?

Thx all.

This is definitely an interesting development. Maybe the June 8th date was right after all?

or.......Or......OR........don't even want to mention it.

Edited by Cotter

Guest slimwitless

I haven't even read it yet but Google alerts pointed me to an interview with Paulides that supposedly includes discussion of sasquatch DNA.

Enjoy

Best-case scenario: The embargo is lifting tomorrow and they will switch all public information operations to a new website that will offer more control, and fewer glitches, than the FB system.

Edited by Christopher Noel

Guest Shaun

Sally made this post on the preservation group:

FYI - Melba decided to take her public page down for the time being. I'm sure this will fuel a lot of speculation but we are not making any public statements about it at this time.

Just a few days ago MK replied to a message on her page that everything is going well, that they have no date yet when they will publish their results and she hopes that it will be soon...

Guest mitchw

Here's a bit of speculation. If Ketchum took down the page, then she could have chosen to indicate a reason. So far, we don't know why the page came down. It is reasonable for her to have predicted a febrile response to the page coming down without any explanation from her or Sally. When I first saw her FB page being created I thought one way Ketchum could indicate that the paper was coming, while not violating any pre-publication disclosure rules, would be to go silent just before publication. (An intel techinique of sensing something big coming is to look at volume of communication traffic over time, and to make note of significant changes.) :ninja:

Guest Shaun

It's back up now, with the following message;

All is well and going as planned for those of you that are wondering.

Edit, that's from her private page. Sorry.

Edited by Shaun

Guest Shaun

Quite possibly. Maybe best not to get our hopes up though? Could be nothing.

Hi Mitch. I think I'm looking at her private page rather than her public one. I've edited my post accordingly. Sorry.

I've been going back and forth, like all of us, but currently I'm leaning 55%/45% toward the best-case scenario, and here's why. Melba must know that taking this action will incite a feeding frenzy among her many detractors and will feel like a body blow to her many supporters. To the latter, she has promised all along to announce the publication first on her this public FB page, and that we should stay tuned. Making that page suddenly disappear without warning seems to break this trust. I doubt that she would want to let either of these strong (and understandable) reactions persist for longer than a day.

ShaunW73: Was Sally's statement posted on the private group? If so, not sure you should be sharing it.

Edited by Christopher Noel

20 min's ago she acknowledged that the paper will be out sometime this year.

Not sure how to do the FB quote business, but it's there on her page.

Guest gershake

"All is well and going as planned for those of you that are wondering."

http://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/451496048195850

"Just too busy to keep up with everything and too many emails to answer."

http://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/451496048195850?comment_id=5826872&offset=0&total_comments=24

"Adrian is just fine. We are working on things, no worries."

http://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/451496048195850?comment_id=5826889&offset=0&total_comments=24

(referring to Erickson)

"Yes, this year"

http://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/451496048195850?comment_id=5826931&offset=0&total_comments=24

(in response to someone asking whether we were going to get to know the results of the DNA testing within 2012)

"Yes, they exist, have to satisfy the skeptics though."

http://www.facebook.com/melba.ketchum/posts/451496048195850?comment_id=5826947&offset=0&total_comments=24

(in response to someone asking "was I right?"... lol)

Guest Shaun

Christopher, It's hardly giving anything away is it? Besides which, anyone can join the group. I'll check with Sally though, I'm sure she won't mind.

Edited by Shaun

Guest mitchw

Christopher, I don't see how MK could make a positive statement on FB without violating The Journal's rules. She could have said she was only taking down the page because she's fed up with the abuse or was asked to take down the page. But I agree with you, just going dark may lead to her detractors having a right hootinanny.