The Ketchum Report

Meh...all of this is just gossip to me,lol.

I have always felt like Melba Ketchum was the Bigfooters' presidential candidate that nobody really wanted, and so people try a smear campaign in any way they can.

I am not really worried that the paper won't publish, and when it does there will probably be more of the same, but hopefully the data can withstand all the mud slinging.

Did we not see this coming. I look for all manners of ad hominem to fly. Lets keep our eyes on the ball, not on the smoke and mirrors that are sure to billow. Those comments (if accurate) and if from Dr. M are not very professional, regardless of the intent/truth. If only one thing comes out of this we will surely get to see whos who and what kind of character they really claim to be, and what are in fact the agendas at play...if any.

Are we having fun yet???? Maybe tomorrow will bne the day???? or not..

In a couple weeks, not tomorrow.

Perhaps he doesn't care for the taste of crow.....

Or saskeptic and parn are looking for a good recipe for it. I heard it's good in sauce :biggrin:

Guest crabshack

Meldrum doesn't think much of it, therefore should we?

Meldrum seems way to choosy in his study with regards to just what a bigfoot is, his mind seems it was made up ape a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure this is directed at melbas spokeswoman and not Melba herself. But it begs the question why would you hire someone like this to do the job unless you yourself thought the same way.

Whether she was joking or not with the response to meldrum is yet to be seen, but I would think if you wanted to share something like this find regardless of whether you can communicate with sas or not, you shouldn't be mentioning anything of the sort if you want to be taken seriously.......for the time being anyway.

Prove the creature first then let all the crazy stuff come out later

In their world it is perfectly legitimate to make those claims. But like you it is almost exactly the same thing he said about this lady last year. Evidently she chastised him for not believing her story , which was really a bit much to take considering the claims. I've never read anything where Dr. Ketchum thinks they are mind melding with people.

Meldrum seems way to choosy in his study with regards to just what a bigfoot is, his mind seems it was made up ape a long time ago.

I have always liked Dr M...however there has always been something that just hasn't sat right with me about him. I believe it was watching him on a video with some folks in the town he was doing research and people were asking him questions in a town hall/backyard setting.This was quite a while ago and I cant recall the place I saw this. He seemed especially disinterested and was acting very condescending towards the folks who were the reason he was there in the first place. When he realized he was on camera his demeanor changed significantly, and then there is your comment which I have always felt.

That doesn't mean its correct but that's been my discernment. It is no surprise that so called scientists can in fact become too married to their allegiances with their own theories or someone elses agendas to become very closed off to the science. Lest we forget the climate change, oh how should I put it nicely..massaging of the science.

• Upvote 1

We all have bias without proof. We probably should remove the log from our own eyes rather than picking splinters out of everyone else's.......

Edited by CTfoot

I'm confused. All I've been seeing for pages, UNTIL NOW, was that the science was solid, and as long as she did the "process" properly, that it passes peer-review, that nothing else will matter, because you can't argue with the DNA.

What's all the freakin' out about NOW?

Who says that it is not solid,all we can do is wait and see. It is frustrating when you do hear about prominent people making a mokery out of this.But if this is what happens when some form of proof happens then what will happen when the real deal of a body is shown. What will happen then when it finally shows up on the door step of science. Are they going to relax after mockery is made of those who have expieranced these creatures.I have respect for great minds that are more then willing to understand not the ones who make mockery out what has been expieranced.Let the facts prove themselves is what i say and if not "oh well" we start from the biggening.I really do not care where it falls since i have epieranced what I wanted in life.Makes no differance.

Plussed, Sasfooty. Now bracing for world to stop turning......

Why, thank you Inc. (She says as she picks herself up from the floor.) :yahoo:

I seriously doubt Saskeptic or Parn are worried about having to eat crow. This tragic comedy has just begun, but I think the closing act will be smashingly hilarious.

Here's the link. The contention that Ketchum doesn't understand that every human sequence isn't in Genbank is the tell.

Regardless, it's clear this will be the meme if the story goes mainstream.

Ah, ok...I thought you were attributing something to ME with that post...sorry about the mixup...

Who says that it is not solid,all we can do is wait and see. It is frustrating when you do hear about prominent people making a mokery out of this.But if this is what happens when some form of proof happens then what will happen when the real deal of a body is shown. What will happen then when it finally shows up on the door step of science. Are they going to relax after mockery is made of those who have expieranced these creatures.I have respect for great minds that are more then willing to understand not the ones who make mockery out what has been expieranced.Let the facts prove themselves is what i say and if not "oh well" we start from the biggening.I really do not care where it falls since i have epieranced what I wanted in life.Makes no differance.

That is probably the best way to look at it, if it turns out to be proof thats great, if not, you've lost nothing.

Edited by CTfoot