The Ketchum Report

Guest OntarioSquatch

Winner winner Bigfoot dinner. She's tried to turn it into something it isn't too make herself look like the discoverer of a new species.

It could be that she personally doubts she will get enough credit even when the paper does comes out so she decided to spread the word prematurely.

While I don't see anything wrong with it, it does come across as unprofessional to people who don't know about the paper or doubt Bigfoots existence. Even Dr. Meldrum said it's unprofessional. I think that is something worth considering.

Oh, you mean Bortzev (sp?) I thought you meant Dr Meldrum was being unprofessional...sorry.

What was "unprofessional" about them? He accurately described what appears to be the situation, and told everyone to wait for the paper to come out before going nuts over it.

Sounds like a very professional position to me.

Im referring to a different comment made by Dr M and Im not inclined to go back and check it. The comment you are referring is perfectly professional.

Winner winner Bigfoot dinner. She's tried to turn it into something it isn't too make herself look like the discoverer of a new species.

Well, no, she DID discover a new species (the DNA findings are legit), just not the species she is claiming to have discovered.

Wait, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S "SUPPOSEDLY" SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN TOMORROW?

Pretty please? :)

One of two embargos (genetic associated ) will be lifted, ( one also on 29th as I recall, there could be several more) There is hope they are associated with the Ketchum report.

But, IMHO, every one seems to be forgetting the NDAs... lol.... So maybe the press will or will not be affected by Knowledge controlled by NDAs... Expired NDAs would open the media floodgates..... NDAs that are not expired would prevent a full release... So that person might be then considered a " leaker with out credibility", not a respected press releaser.

TUFF CALL....

Here is Dr. J's response to this question about the press release.

BTW -- the spokesperson would divulge neither a timeline for publication, nor which journal received the submission. She did however inform us that they were in regular communication (psychic?) with sasquatch, and that they (the sasquatch) were enthusiastic about the study and the press release, and are completely supportive of Melba's project.

This second hand information seems to be what all the loose talk about Dr. K's publicist is based on. For people that are such sticklers for always demanding proof, it seems that you might require a little more of it here.

Does anybody have a linky to where she said this, because I'd like some proof?

Edited by Sasfooty

Well, no, she DID discover a new species (the DNA findings are legit), just not the species she is claiming to have discovered.

No Mulder. Again there is nothing but a claim here. You know nothing about the results yet you "claim" they are legit. You are not in any position to be making claims as facts about this.

Edited by rockiessquatching

Wonder if she had to get a special pass from the journal to make that press release? You all know how strict they have been in the past about leakage. I just don't want her to get into trouble.

Nalajr

Can a veterinarian be a geneticist too?

Tim B.

Yes, you can hold what ever degree, specialty or certification you are willing to spend time and money.

No Mulder. Again there is nothing but a claim here. You know nothing about the results yet you "claim" they are legit. You are not in any position to be making claims as facts about this.

2334270-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Been over this.

Edited by Mulder