Sasquatch: Is It Out There? (Erickson Project Article)

Rod

Guest Thepattywagon

Man, your guess is as good as anyone else. I think the head is to the right. The left looks to much like a hip and bent leg. I can't see anything else but this is typical once you see something the first time you look. It is hard to see anything else different after that.

Man, that was deep...

I see the head on the right side as well.

Guest slimwitless

Pointy ear? Where, and can someone please tell me which end is the head and which is the ass end.

Since you asked. I think she's lying with her hand on her head (head to the right). The legs are folded and maybe even crossed below the knee. I think it's a squatchy variation of the Balasana yoga pose.

post-1810-097696300 1314851270_thumb.jpg

I don't see how anything could sleep on the forest floor like that on old dry leaves without getting eat up by ants, much less keeping insects out of their ears.

Guest Thepattywagon

Since you asked. I think she's lying with her hand on her head (head to the right). The legs are folded and maybe even crossed below the knee. I think it's a squatchy variation of the Balasana yoga pose.

If that is indeed an ear, then the animal would basically be face planted into the leaves, no? Seems a bit odd for it to be sleeping completely face down.

I don't see how anything could sleep on the forest floor like that on old dry leaves without getting eat up by ants, much less keeping insects out of their ears.

It's quite simple. They've adapted.

And yet I gripe when a spider gets in my room. I'm sure glad I don't live outdoors, let alone in a jungle somewhere. Too many critters that bite and sting.

What would be the head looks to be on the right to me also but that pic is not clear enough to discern a ear or anything else but fur. If it is the head of something then maybe it's face is covered by the arm to block the sun light from it's eyes since there is no face to see there.

Guest parnassus

Patterson supposedly reported his filming within hours; even at that the verification process was deficient.

This is now years...???

Ah yes officer I'd like to report my car was stolen and three thugs took my wallet.

...4 years ago.

...hello?

Edited by parnassus

Guest slimwitless

What would be the head looks to be on the right to me also but that pic is not clear enough to discern a ear or anything else but fur. If it is the head of something then maybe it's face is covered by the arm to block the sun light from it's eyes since there is no face to see there.

No argument on the lack of detail. I only suggested that squiggly line was an ear because it's where an ear might be if the thing was curled up in the way I perceive/imagine it. With a bit more detail I might openly suggest it's a bolo tie on a dead prospector's buffalo robe.

Edited by slimwitless

Patterson supposedly reported his filming within hours; even at that the verification process was deficient.

This is now years...???

Ah yes officer I'd like to report my car was stolen and three thugs took my wallet.

...4 years ago.

...hello?

If this is authentic footage, Erickson can't win. He releases it without supporting evidence it's a hoax or misidentification. He refuses to release it until he has supporting evidence, he must have something to hide. If this guy is perpetrating a hoax, it's the worst most inefficient scheme I've ever heard of. Sit on footage, buy up land, pay people to collect evidence for years, make no money on anything in the interim, it doesn’t make sense.

Guest slimwitless

It looks small, dishevelled, sick, maybe even dead. Most primates are VERY well groomed by their tribal mates.

I think it's called "bed head".

If this is authentic footage, Erickson can't win. He releases it without supporting evidence it's a hoax or misidentification. He refuses to release it until he has supporting evidence, he must have something to hide. If this guy is perpetrating a hoax, it's the worst most inefficient scheme I've ever heard of. Sit on footage, buy up land, pay people to collect evidence for years, make no money on anything in the interim, it doesn’t make sense.

This cannot be understated. For a man to go through all of that just to perpetrate a hoax, he would be certifiable. He should either be commended or Baker-acted. It really does not make sense, to the point that it would be virtually unfathomable. Certainly no easier to believe than the idea that the animal could actually exist.

I'm not believing this until I see footage where it rolls over, yawns, gets up, and walks away. I still think it looks like a pottery barn flokati rug balled up on the forest floor.