Sasquatch: Is It Out There? (Erickson Project Article)

Rod

Can only see a still of DDA's animation, without any outlines... :(

Did you click on it?

If so, make sure you have "show animations in web pages" clicked in your internet options.

If you wanted to create skepticism about your project and wanted to further convince those who believe the whole project is "much to do about nothing", this is the photo that you would release. Biscardi's photo at the press conference was better.

Ha - We already have a controversy. :lol: I don't see the digits, but that doesn't mean anything. It's really hard to make anything out. I could be completely off.

It's entirely open to interpretation at this stage in the game. But, I can see it from both sides.

At any rate, it's the best dang blobsquatch I've ever seen!!! :popcorn:

Edited by Rod

Guest gershake
Did you click on it?

If so, make sure you have "show animations in web pages" clicked in your internet options.

Yes and yes... very odd, never had this problem before.

Guest parnassus

Many of us are still shaking our heads at Igor's Youtube outing with Bruce McDonald and Randy Brisson. How did that go again ... Igor is told to stay focused on a stump a short distance away if he wants to see a real Sasquatch ... then an alleged stone is tossed ... Igor wants to know where is the stone said to have been toseed and McDonald tells him not to worry about the stone and to keep watching the stump.

Of course the stump didn't look to be but 60 to 80 feet away and none of the three men walked over to it so to see if there was really a sasquatch behind it. Now lets have a show of hands who didn't see that coming ... anyone? :lol:

Two words : snipe hunt

OK, here's what does it for me, and it really is kind of telling in the area if this is real or not for me. You may see it differently. Notice the wording. "...DEPICTS sasquatch sleeping." Depicting something means you are showing a representation or interpretation of something, not the actual thing.

de·pict   [dih-pikt]

verb (used with object)

to represent by or as if by painting; portray; delineate.

to represent or characterize in words; describe.

imply a representation of an object or scene

This was in a newspaper, so I imagine they knew exactly what words to use.

Guest Forbig

It's entirely open to interpretation at this stage in the game. But, I can see it from both sides.

At any rate, it's the best dang blobsquatch I've ever seen!!! :popcorn:

I would have poked it with a stick and stood by to snap a follow up shot, but it probably would of ended up like one of those Jack Links commercials. :o

OK, here's what does it for me, and it really is kind of telling in the area if this is real or not for me. You may see it differently. Notice the wording. "...DEPICTS sasquatch sleeping." Depicting something means you are showing a representation or interpretation of something, not the actual thing.

de·pict   [dih-pikt]

verb (used with object)

to represent by or as if by painting; portray; delineate.

to represent or characterize in words; describe.

imply a representation of an object or scene

This was in a newspaper, so I imagine they knew exactly what words to use.

Thats and interesting theory. I know the reporter saw the film. I think I'll look her up and send her an email and ask if they meant "depict" or shows.

Guest HairyGreek

Thats and interesting theory. I know the reporter saw the film. I think I'll look her up and send her an email and ask if they meant "depict" or shows.

Common language when dealing with photographs. Nothing new. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/depict

A photograph (yes, I know it is technically a video still) is considered a depiction of an event just like a painting of an event or happening would. They will usually specify when it depicts a "fictional" event, not a literal one. This is just kind of poor word use as nothing is really happening. Just an FYI. Still, good thoughts.

Common language when dealing with photographs. Nothing new. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/depict

A photograph (yes, I know it is technically a video still) is considered a depiction of an event just like a painting of an event or happening would. They will usually specify when it depicts a "fictional" event, not a literal one. This is just kind of poor word use as nothing is really happening. Just an FYI. Still, good thoughts.

Yes, that makes sense. I sent her an email just to eliminate all confusion.