Sasquatch: Is It Out There? (Erickson Project Article)

Rod

Guest slimwitless

Yes, that makes sense. I sent her an email just to eliminate all confusion.

Here's what she wrote me this morning...

Sorry the photograph is copy righted and cannot be shared. But it's rather blurry image of a "sleeping" sasquatch.

Here's what she wrote me this morning...

Sorry the photograph is copy righted and cannot be shared. But it's rather blurry image of a "sleeping" sasquatch.

Well, we'll see if they contact me. I posted the image on my blog.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Well, we'll see if they contact me. I posted the image on my blog.

Once it hit that news article, it's fair use. Chris B.

Guest BuzzardEater

Not mentioned, yet, is that the Maple Ridge News is a little wee newspaper from a bedroom community. Why would you break a story like this in a tiny backwater? If you say,"because Vancouver doesn't have any decent papers", I'll concede the point, but there must be a better media vehicle somewhere!

Guest FuriousGeorge

If that is a sasquatch, then everything I know about these animals is wrong. The entire premise of their existence and survival is off. That looks like a pretty crunchy day in the woods. The stealthiest ninja photographer would sound like he is making jiffy pop while approaching that animal in that environment. If it still snoozes through the approach, I was way off with what I thought they were like. I thought their survival was based on the fact they could detect such things. Looks like that photographer probably could have plucked a hair sample while he was there.

Guest Forbig

If that is a sasquatch, then everything I know about these animals is wrong. The entire premise of their existence and survival is off. That looks like a pretty crunchy day in the woods. The stealthiest ninja photographer would sound like he is making jiffy pop while approaching that animal in that environment. If it still snoozes through the approach, I was way off with what I thought they were like. I thought their survival was based on the fact they could detect such things. Looks like that photographer probably could have plucked a hair sample while he was there.

That's the closest I've ever seen anyone get to one for a picture. I wouldn't want to walk up that close to any living wild animal.

Guest tracker

True enough I see all the ground litter as well, maybe it rained? Their survival strongly depends on others in it's group and no one was watching it's back on this day. A solo Sasq off on it's own is the best opportunity to collect better evidence for personal or other reasons.

JMO. tracker dry.gif

BFF Patron

I'll give it a try...

SleepingSasquatchRed.jpg

Rod's got it right. If you extrapolate the top of the picture as being the back and the Sasquatch laying on it's left side, with right arm over right side of face as he described, then in the lower left foreground you can see the huge right thigh/butt/hamhock/right leg pulled up under the gut and right calf/lower leg moving down toward the lower left corner of the frame.

Finally, I see an outline that makes sense. Good job Rod! :rock:

Edited to add and btw, the picture looks nothing like a hairy human, it looks from what is provided in the frame capture transfer to electrons like a densely furred woodland creature.

Guest gershake

Mary Green interview excerpt not in favour of Rod's/rwidley's view:

"The female hominid was not curled up tightly, but rather laying mostly on her back."

Mary Green interview excerpt in favour of that view:

"The hominid was thick around the middle. I don't know if this was before she had her young one or not."

For what it's worth. :D

Mary Green interview excerpt not in favour of Rod's/rwidley's view:

"The female hominid was not curled up tightly, but rather laying mostly on her back."

She said she saw some (not all) of the Kentucky clips.

She also noted:

"The young female began to move more and more and stir like she was waking up..."

I do not believe the frame grab depicts anything that is laying on its back. If Mary Green is speaking of and saw the video where this particular frame grab was taken from, the subject may have moved onto its side while waking up.

Just some thoughts.

Guest FuriousGeorge

True enough I see all the ground litter as well, maybe it rained? Their survival strongly depends on others in it's group and no one was watching it's back on this day. A solo Sasq off on it's own is the best opportunity to collect better evidence for personal or other reasons.

JMO. tracker dry.gif

Maybe. I'm sure there has to be a possibility that I didn't account for since it's just one frame to go by.

When I first saw it I thought it was dead because the guy is right on top of the thing. Most of the photo's/footage we have seen (other than trail cam photos) are from a long distance. When I read that it was sleeping,.... no way. We would have found hundreds by now if it were that easy to roll up on one like that. IMO

Guest bsruther

A few weeks ago, masterbarber posted this link in the EP thread.

http://dapht.blogspot.com/p/kentucky-bigfoot-habituation.html

It's a report from one of the first researchers to have visited the Ky pancake site.

A quote from the report.

"But here we’d had what appeared to us to be a young bigfoot, nonchalantly strolling in the open, leaving its prints for all to see, acting very strangely indeed so far as any of us could say. It didn’t fit the profile we had learned to expect over the years of research we relied on. But if that young bigfoot had grown up knowing the people in that house on the hill left food out for it, perhaps its behavior would be very different? This could account for Robert’s ease in filming it."

Maybe this type of interaction will shape future behavior if Bigfoot are proven to be real. Probably not a good thing, IMO.

But then, I guess it could all be a bunch of hooey too.