Sasquatch: Is It Out There? (Erickson Project Article)

Rod

Mary Green interview excerpt not in favour of Rod's/rwidley's view:

"The female hominid was not curled up tightly, but rather laying mostly on her back."

Mary Green interview excerpt in favour of that view:

"The hominid was thick around the middle. I don't know if this was before she had her young one or not."

For what it's worth. :D

Well, whatever this is in this picture isn't on it's back, I don't think. My assumption is (assumption being a very key word) that the subject in the video changed positions. I don't know how much of the clip Mary saw, but my understand is that it's a fairly long shot. JMHO.

BTW - I find her description of it as a Ewok interesting because someone else described the creatures as Chewbacca. Those are two completely different creatures. Oops, just revealed I'm a Star Wars geek.

Edited by rwridley

"It didn’t fit the profile we had learned to expect over the years of research we relied on.

Now, we must all bear in mind what we are dealing with here- a Kentucky sasquatch, as opposed to others. So, of course it's going to act differently! ;)

Sorry Kentuckians (Chris), I could not resist because I'm from Indiana (suffering from Kentuckian Hoosier jokes as a kid), so I'm entitled! :lol:

Hopefully you enjoyed this bit of comic relief (acting out). Now, back to our regularly scheduled program while I seek out much needed therapy. :popcorn:

BTW - I find her description of it as a Ewok interesting because someone else described the creatures as Chewbaka. Those are two completely different creatures. Oops, just revealed I'm a Star Wars geek.

And, that is the depicted sketch on the Erickson Project's website's home page:

http://www.sasquatchthequest.com/

EDIT: Sketch looks like a Chewy???

Edited by Rod

That's the closest I've ever seen anyone get to one for a picture. I wouldn't want to walk up that close to any living wild animal.

I'm thinking high-end camera zoomed? Maybe?

It's very possible that the person filming this was much further away than some here are thinking. It looks like there are not that many leaves on the trees so they would not get in the way. Add that too wet leaves and a person could come in without much sound.

Also, I've noticed somebody else mention their dog sleeping much harder than they would think possible. I've seen my dog do this before too and it is always surprising to me. I think it might have something to do with him feeling very safe in my house so he goes into a deeper sleep. From the accounts we are getting from this area it seems these bigfoot feel very comfortable with their surroundings so it is easier for me to believe they would sleep very heavily and not be sleeping like a ninja.

Rod's got it right. If you extrapolate the top of the picture as being the back and the Sasquatch laying on it's left side, with right arm over right side of face as he described, then in the lower left foreground you can see the huge right thigh/butt/hamhock/right leg pulled up under the gut and right calf/lower leg moving down toward the lower left corner of the frame.

Finally, I see an outline that makes sense. Good job Rod! :rock:

Edited to add and btw, the picture looks nothing like a hairy human, it looks from what is provided in the frame capture transfer to electrons like a densely furred woodland creature.

IMO,looks like a dead bear to me.

IMO,looks like a dead bear to me.

If you look at this as a "photograph," then I would agree. But this is a picture of a frame of video. People who have seen the video have seen movement and much better detail than this picture of this frame grab. Not saying it's a Sasquatch. But I do think it's alive.

Guest tracker

Maybe. I'm sure there has to be a possibility that I didn't account for since it's just one frame to go by.

When I first saw it I thought it was dead because the guy is right on top of the thing. Most of the photo's/footage we have seen (other than trail cam photos) are from a long distance. When I read that it was sleeping,.... no way. We would have found hundreds by now if it were that easy to roll up on one like that. IMO

Yea I can see that. But then again most wouldn't notice any sleeping unless they almost stepped on one(beside the smell). And then out of fear most retreat before taking pictures. I can't say for sure with this picture ? One thing i do know is that I wish I could find one alone taking an afternoon nap. There's always others you don't see close by watching & deciding if your a risk or not??.

JMO, me. dry.gif

Guest tracker

Still once a person see's one they are a bit easier to spot afterwards even motionless IMO.

tracker,

Edited by tracker

If you look at this as a "photograph," then I would agree. But this is a picture of a frame of video. People who have seen the video have seen movement and much better detail than this picture of this frame grab. Not saying it's a Sasquatch. But I do think it's alive.

I understand, However something just seems out of place to me. The size, The slope of the hill, the Size of the foreground tree branches. Maybe its just me, Spent many of times in the woods and seen lots of strange formations which were just clumps of washout grassess clumb up in trees by washes trash/rugs etc. It still amazes me out in the middle of the forest were you think nobody was ever there and then theirs a coors can. I think if they do have soemthing on video that shows it move that would of been a better teaser than this still pic IMO.

I understand, However something just seems out of place to me. The size, The slope of the hill, the Size of the foreground tree branches. Maybe its just me, Spent many of times in the woods and seen lots of strange formations which were just clumps of washout grassess clumb up in trees by washes trash/rugs etc. It still amazes me out in the middle of the forest were you think nobody was ever there and then theirs a coors can. I think if they do have soemthing on video that shows it move that would of been a better teaser than this still pic IMO.

I don't think the Erickson Project would release a high quality teaser in the media, because now its on the internet, and that image will float around for perhaps another year until the film is released. People might get bored of it, or critique it to death, or even call it hoaxed, and then the best image from the footage loses its 'energy'. It is safer to release a medium-ish shot (so they don't lose all their steam with one teaser), and then save the 'GREAT' stuff for later.

Guest Biggie

bergamasco.jpg

I've just always called them mop dogs. Just attach a broom stick to their collar and you could mop the floor with them.

I would have poked it with a stick and stood by to snap a follow up shot, but it probably would of ended up like one of those Jack Links commercials. :o

Whatever you do just don't let it get near your campfire or it will really heat things up.

Jack-Links-Messin-with-Sasquatch-Camp-Fire.jpg