Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Yeah, I think it's the depending on things that can get tricky. 

But we're not so different. Hairless people, too, have been known to riot when they experience food shortages.  

I think food gifts won't cause problems if they're given in the way we're saying: on an irregular basis and in small quantities. The hairy people are very smart. They know what a gift is, and they appreciate the thought, even if the food (or object) isn't especially to their liking. 

It's hard to make a mistake here. I don't fault anybody for wanting to be cautious, however. It's important to go at your own pace and do what you're comfortable doing. 

I think I have told about how a rabbit was left for myself and my two girls (when they were teenagers). It was really bizarre. Nothing else would touch it and then one day it was gone. Hopefully I didn't offend anybody!! It was winter so it didn't decompose like it would in warmer weather. I was curious, so I left it.

Let me back up, at least that it what I THOUGHT was happening combined with different things that had happened. Another view would be that it was a sick rabbit and that is why nothing else would mess with it?

Possibly heading out to the family place one night this weekend so will keep all senses alert. (Well, as much as I can before I crash,lol. I always seem to sleep like a log at "home". :) )

Edited by Maggie

I think I have told about how a rabbit was left for myself and my two girls (when they were teenagers). It was really bizarre. Nothing else would touch it and then one day it was gone. Hopefully I didn't offend anybody!! It was winter so it didn't decompose like it would in warmer weather. I was curious, so I left it.

That's so cool! And I don't think you offended anybody. My understanding is that they're not petty in the same way we are. They care mostly about whether or not we're gunning for them. If we're not doing that, we get a big pass on a lot of things. 

Let me back up, at least that it what I THOUGHT was happening combined with different things that had happened. Another view would be that it was a sick rabbit and that is why nothing else would mess with it?

Context is everything. If there were other things going on at the same time that pointed to them having left the rabbit, then it was they who left it. You were in that situation; nobody else was. You're in the best position to know what was the greater likelihood. So, go, Maggie! If you sensed it was a gift, it was a gift!

Possibly heading out to the family place one night this weekend so will keep all senses alert. (Well, as much as I can before I crash,lol. I always seem to sleep like a log at "home". :) )

Have a blast. Looking forward to hearing what happens!

Guest sacripper

Squatchologist,

Going a tad off topic here, sorry in advance.

If you are clearing trees in a mature forest for a home, consider harvesting them for lumber to use in finishing the home. The timing works nicely, and you can save some bucks by using your own lumber for flooring and trim.

We did that and it's very nice to be able to say the wood came from the property. PM me if you want more info. Heck, I am in eastern iowa, so maybe we could hook up some time.

Also, the grading will expose lots of earth that will take tracks quite well, so keep your eyes peeled.

Well, I returned yesterday after spending the night at the family place on Sunday. I didn't hear anything that night but my dad told me that he experienced something outside the bathroom window at 2 am.  He said he could hear something big moving around and it "scritched" the window screen. Again, this window is at least eight foot up. It's the same one that I had one of my experiences at. My son also.

It seems like whatever this is, always comes up to the back of the house and I am assuming that is because the front is too exposed. There IS another house behind us but pretty far back.

LOL, Leaftalker, too true! :) As I have said before, the window is eight foot up, so whatever was doing it apparently wasn't small.

Another couple of things I have noticed being over at the family place. My dad, mom and I watched the eclipse through the living room

window. Dad wanted to take a pic of it, but he was hesitant to go outside onto the sidewalk and do it. Now that isn't like my dad at all.

And again this summer into fall I have yet to see my parents leave the downstairs windows open on the cooler nights. They always did

this to save money on ac and to air out the house.

However, went I went upstairs, Mom had opened the window in my room.

I have suspicions that something happened but I know they won't tell me. Even when Dad was telling me about something being out

by the bathroom window, Mom kept saying "No, no, no!!"    I guess that part isn't too unusual as my mom has always done this,lol.

Maybe she figures if she says "NO" enough, it doesn't exist....

Oh and since they now sleep downstairs, there is a VERY thick curtain over that window, even during the day. I suppose it could be because dark makes for better sleeping but in their old bedroom upstairs they never did that, plus that room is very bright while the downstairs bedroom isn't so much.

Edited by Maggie

I can't say for sure but I really believe something happened that at least my mom won't discuss. It doesn't surprise me considering the family history after almost 50 years on the property. I have been more fascinated than scared except for a very few times.

To be honest, I think there was ample time for things to go bad if they were going to? That said, if it is indeed a Sasquatch, I would still advise respect cause you just never know.

I have been more fascinated than scared except for a very few times.

To be honest, I think there was ample time for things to go bad if they were going to? 

You have a great attitude, Maggie. Wish we could bottle it and give it worldwide distribution.   :)

Guest Squatchologist

Nothing to special here, just more about camera thats in field. It may be camera just malfunctioning but its weird that it will take perfectly clear pics them sometimes it goes Wonky. Again nothing to ground breaking here, it could just be that my camera sucks and has a mind of its own. But since i started talking about my camera i will keep updating on it 

post-21929-0-56819000-1443712106_thumb.j

post-21929-0-52557500-1443712113_thumb.j

post-21929-0-22193800-1443712141_thumb.j

Thanks for the update, Squatchologist. It's a pretty area. Strange, though, what's happening to the camera.... Could have something to do with your buddies... That would be my guess, anyway. 

Did you put out the cups and the tennis ball?

Can't wait to hear what happens with that!

Guest Squatchologist

No LeafTalker i havent yet, and i am pretty disappointed in myself for forgetting to do that. I am taking off for vegas tonight so wont have an opportunity to do it until not this weekend but the next. There should still be some warmth left here in minnesota where we may see results from the tennis ball and cup. IT WILL BE OUT NEXT TIME I GO! 

Oh gosh, no worries. Sounds like you have a life! Good for you! 

(And I don't think it matters what time of year it is. Stuff goes on all year, no matter what the weather.)

Have fun in Vegas (even if you're going for work). 

Guest Maggie

Thanks Leaftalker. :)

Squatchologist, I think it's cool you are keeping up with the camera! Keep us updated when you put anything out?

We generally have most of the experiences here in the fall. Prime time right now.

However, one thing I like about winter is there is the possibility of seeing tracks. I am still wondering what was around the family

place on Thanksgiving.of last year.Those weren't Sasquatch tracks but huge canine prints. All around under the windows of the downstairs,

so a little freaky, plus both myself and my dad hearing howling in the yard, each on a different night.

It's almost a year later and I am no closer to knowing.

I don't know if Sas migrates or hibernates or stays put and is just better able to put up with winter that we are. I think there are aspects to

all that make sense.

I do wonder why the majority of sighings for my family have been in the fall.

• salubrious unlocked this topic