Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Awesome! I agree, this would be a good time to start the PR. In light of what will be going down in that area soon, I would leave some really nice things, and maybe a bunch of them. 

And maybe explain out loud what your plans are, and that you hope you guys can all live together peacefully. It's sort of like leaving the gifts: Even if you're not sure whether they can understand you, it still can't hurt to speak aloud. Nobody (but them) will be there to hear you do it, so you won't have lost anything -- but if they can understand you (and I think they can), you may gain a lot. 

I'm excited to hear what happens when you leave them a gift!

Leaftalker, I didn't think of that immediately, but it does look like a nose! Even though I know blurry pics can be misleading it is still very cool.

Yeah, I would say the same as you are going to be building a house there and if you think they could be around. It doesn't have to be a bad experience for any of you. And if they aren't there? Still, better to take precautions than not.

Blurry, but it almost looks like a close up of a face staring at the camera, straight on. head tilted to it's right, (our left) eyes at the top, the two darker areas. The one on our right, has strands of hair hanging in it. A wide nose bridge running down the middle, and ending in two slit type nostrils. You can't really see them that well, unless it's blown up. Then below the nose, is a slightly smiling mouth, just it's left side, curving up.

This looks like a blonde colored one, like the one I saw on Easter afternoon, peeking behind a tree.

Just my opinion. and I have been a pattern finder all my life. Seeing faces in paneling, and carpet patterns ect.

Guest Squatchologist

Was out there this weekend archery hunting. No new weird pictures, and nothing unexplained roaming around in the woods. I imagine if you want to see or hear weird things,i'd have to go sit in tree around 2 am, but with an 8 month old at home, i will keep waiting until 5:30 to get out there lol

Mesabe, that's exactly what that picture looks like to me, too. 

Squatchologist, did you leave a gift out there? And if so, what happened to it? 

And 5:30 a.m. is just as good a time as any to see (or hear) weird things. I had a nice long visit with a hairy person from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. a few weeks ago. It's a nice time of day to be out there....

Guest Squatchologist

LeafTalker, i did not get an opportunity to get a gift together in time. With it being opener i had a lot of things on my mind not to forget lol I will be back out this weekend and will definitely bring something, suggestions?

FYI: Trail Cam is still out and will remain out. Last Batch of pictures, nothing suspicious 

A nice, brightly-colored plastic cup? An unopened jar of peanut butter?

I wouldn't place those things within range of the trail cam, though. They kinda know about those, and it will make your gift seem like a trap, which is exactly what you don't want them to think. You want to build goodwill in advance of building your house, so it's important to be as clear as possible about your intentions. You're there as a friend, not as an enemy.  

So I would place the gift somewhere they can take it without being photographed. That's pretty much the only way they'll be emboldened to take it; and that way, when it goes missing, you can be pretty sure they took it. (Other beings won't be interested in plastic or non-smelling, sealed jars of peanut butter.)

And with any of those gifts, it would be good to say out loud, "This is a gift for you." Otherwise, no matter where the gift is placed, they may not take it. Some individuals have a keen sense of what's theirs and what's not, and a sense of honor about that; and if you have that kind of individual around you, you need some way of signalling the gift is actually intended for them, so they'll actually take it!

Again, even if you don't think they know what cameras are, and even if you don't think they understand English, you might want to play it safe and assume they do -- because that will maximize your chances of getting the result you desire. They're so shy that even doing all this might not work -- so it's a good idea to eliminate as many of the possible barriers to success as you can.

Interesting posts! :) I KNOW they are here, though I also realize people have different takes on the subject. :)

Bad smell late last night though it didn't seem close, more like drifting up from the bottoms. And true to form,

dogs were acting odd. 

I know that might sound strange at how I gauge if they are in the area but these dogs have way better

senses of hearing and smell than I do! :)

Dogs are awesome that way. I agree, they know a lot more about what's going on around us than we do. 

And I love that smell. So cool, that you got to smell it.   :)

Guest Squatchologist

Thanks leaftalker, i will try the bright plastic cup, maybe 2 of them in an area away from my camera. The jar of peanut butter is good idea, but with hunting and baiting etc. im not sure i want to leave that out there during season, just to error on the right side of the law. Wonder if maybe 2 plastic cups and a tennis ball, and just see what happens

I know a lot of people leave things out in order to have an experience and more power to you! The reason I have not is I have heard of too many times that has gone bad when someone got sick or moved away or whatever and couldn't keep up the "gifting". Doesn't seem they like that much....

Maggie, I think it helps if you put the gifts beyond the boundary of the property; keep the gifts small in quantity (if they're food); and leave the gifts on an irregular basis. 

Then they know that whatever it is is 'just' a gift, and they won't come to depend on it. 

Squatchologist, I love the addition of the tennis ball! I did that once, too, and I think it was a hit. Completely disappeared, never to be seen again.

That would make a good combo, the ball with two cups. 

Great idea!!!!!

I think you are right about irregular basis and maybe not something food related or at least, as you say, small in quantity. I think the problem is when they do come to depend on it? Maybe they wouldn't get so worked up about non food items.

• salubrious unlocked this topic