Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Guest Maggie

I don't remember if I said anything about this before or not, but years ago when my oldest daughter was camping with some friends at John. A Latsch (sp?) Park and early in the morning she heard wood knocking. If anyone doesn't know, that park is along Hwy 61.

Guest Maggie

I talked with a sister of mine last night and out of curiousity, I asked her about a vocalization that she and another sister of mine heard while on a walk out by the family place. I believe I have mentioned this before but I hadn't really asked her where it occured or how she felt....

She said that she and the other sister were for a walk on one of the roads not far from the family place. They had just reached an area of a "rock cut" on the road when off to the left of them, on top of the bluff, they heard what sounded like an angry boar.

She mentioned this shocked them and was quite disturbing and put an end to their walk in that direction, they went home.

Now we do not have wild boars here.

I have heard that this is one of the noises that Sas makes, the vocalizations are reported and if memory serves me correctly, people have even seen them making these noises. I ended the conversation by telling her that if they had actually seen what was making that noise they REALLY would have been frightened,lol.

Another sister, (who I haven't pinned down in a talk yet, mostly because I just forget when I do have the chance as she doesn't live in the area and I rarely hear from her even when I email or text...very busy woman.) briefly mentioned hearing things that she couldn't explain. So will have to address that in the future.

When I sit down and think about it, that though they weren't certain what they were experiencing, I was far and away NOT the only family member to have things happen to them. My children have definitely had their encounters and my dad hedges back and forth but I haven't talked with my siblings (or cousins that spent so much time there) much.

Edited by Maggie

Salubrious, that's really cool! :) Anything else happening? I love to hear about your Alma stories as it is just across from here. Wonder if they can swim across the river? :)  (Now I AM wondering about that,lol)

It makes sense this time of year as it is getting later on in the summer, the first part of August seems to be when it starts up so maybe they are here early....

If you go down the dam at Alma and take a look, if you are a good swimmer it really wouldn't be that hard to get across the river. There are a bunch of places you could cross though if you wanted to stay in the area and out of sight- a little more north by Nelson is a good example.

My friend that owns the cabin at Alma met a hunter who had camped out in the Chippewa River bottoms, slightly north of hiway 35 in Wisconsin. Apparently something was messing with him that night and he simply says he will never go into that area of the bottoms again.

I've mentioned to my friend to try a gifting several weeks ago. We'll see...

Guest Maggie

Nice!!! :)  I have a particular interest in Alma as I can see the power plant from my house,lol.

The bottoms on this side are eerie too that is for certain! I don't blame the guy. I have been down into them during

the DAY and I can't imagine wanting to spend the night there.  Was the hunter by himself?

Guest Maggie

I spent Friday night at the family place, the only thing that happened, and I guess this could be taken any way a person wants, was a pretty rancid smell. About the same as I have smelled before and just briefly.

Nice!!! :)  I have a particular interest in Alma as I can see the power plant from my house,lol.

The bottoms on this side are eerie too that is for certain! I don't blame the guy. I have been down into them during

the DAY and I can't imagine wanting to spend the night there.  Was the hunter by himself?

He was.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maggie

Salubrious, any more news from Alma? Nothing concrete going on here except, strangely, two mornings in a row, my Cane Corso refused to go outside in the early morning (I usually take them out anywhere between 5 and 6 am). It was strange because he never once reacted this way in the time I have had him.

Guest Maggie

Then it happened again this morning. This dog is rarely upset/scared of anything. I decided to take a cue from him and wait until there were more people up and about on this end of town,lol.

The last thing I heard about was in early July my friend heard a really loud snap close to the cabin at night. As I mentioned, a loud snap but no sound of a branch falling. I've been there on several occasions where it seemed that things were raining down on the roof- on a still night with no weather... As soon as you turn on a light it stops and does not restart until the light has been off a few minutes.

I've not been down there recently though.

Guest Squatchologist

Something interesting I found this weekend on my new lot while making a food plot for deer hunting, this is same stretch of woods mesabe has had their things happen in, and also lots of land around it that are untouched, and I have not started tree removal etc for our house yet.

Not sure what to contribute this to, not nature I know that. The branch that is pulled down Into the structure is about 7-8 feet up. It has been there for awhile as the one you can see on left that has a fork in it was jammed into ground and in there pretty good. Hopefully whatever created this likes to eat clover and winter rye lol Of course my skeptical brother said neighborhood kids, not sure why they would do it and like stated before 7-8 feet off ground is the branch that's attached to tree

Sorry for being so lengthy

And let me also state, these branches did not just fall of the trees and land in these spots, nope didnt happen. They were put there 

post-21929-0-96268200-1439845527_thumb.j

Guest Maggie

And again this morning with the Cane Corso refusing to step out the door? The other dogs hung around the front and didn't go to the back of the yard. I have had that happen in the past though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for about two weeks, the dog has been fine. No issues with going outside in the morning. However, this morning he was nuts, hesitant to go outside and then scooting back into the house asap. I know I keep bringing it up but it's really odd. I haven't noticed anything else.

On another note, hope to be out at the family place this weekend and interested as it is in the prime time for incidents out there.

Hi Maggie, have you ever tried a pair of binocs, and scan the tree-line/edges of the property when your dog acts like that?

Also, is this strictly a morning development? Or does it happen at night sometimes, when you may be able to detect eyeshine in the distance? 

Squatchologist, that is an interesting tree structure. It looks like a square frame with an asterisk in the middle. I have seen several myself, one shaped like a peace sign, big X's, teepees, etc. Yours doesn't look like what a kid would do, IMO. And It doesn't look like mother nature did it either, just from the photo anyway.

Maggie, I just thought of something. When your dog acts that way in the morning, maybe try putting some melon, or apples etc. somewhere conspicuous (sp?), but out of range for a raccoon or squirrel. Then see what happens with them over a couple days.

I would try that once or twice, but I don't think it is a good idea to habitually offer them food, unless you want activity to increase, and get out of hand.

• salubrious unlocked this topic