Enoch

Guest Primate

• 4 months later...

So I know there hasn't been much discussion about this book for a long time, but I recently read Enoch and I like it but one part in particular just didn't add up in my opinion. When Mike pokes Enoch with a stick, he says that basically in a split second, Enoch turned and pulled the stick towards him... pulling Mike with it. I thought this was really cool, but the problem is, I just can't imagine any possible way for Mike to have been pulled WITH the stick. If the stick was tied around his wrists it could work, but when you quickly pull something that someone is holding, with any kind of great speed, the object being held will slip between the persons fingers. The explanation was, "he pulled it so fast that I didn't have time to let go". That doesn't make any sense. I once crashed into a deer while riding my motorcycle. I was going VERY fast. But I didn't somehow stick to the motorcycle like glue when I hit the deer. The motorcycle slowed significantly from impact, and I continued at the same speed... through the air. When the opposite happens, and something that you are holding on to accelerates extremely fast, you don't stick to it. You let go. If you hold a model rocket and hit the launch button, you don't go flying up in the air with it because you didn't have time to let go. Did anyone else get stuck on this scenario in the book? I don't know why, but I just couldn't get over this.

Guest rolando

It could be that as he was poking with the stick, he put a bit of his own weight behind it. In that case it would be easy to just pull the stick which would result in a kind of loss of balance.

BFF Patron

It could be that as he was poking with the stick, he put a bit of his own weight behind it. In that case it would be easy to just pull the stick which would result in a kind of loss of balance.

Don't know about that....

but Mike sure was poking the members of this forum with a stick! :D

• Upvote 1

Bff members- My personal take is that Mike really was habituating with BF but when he didn't get what he wanted he cried foul and muddied up the work

to get back at the author, could be wrong but thats my impression.

So has Autumn spoken about this book at all recently or attempted to answer any questions that people have had? I have just heard quite a few different opinions, so it's hard to tell who really knows what. It would just be really nice to hear her opinion on some of the rumors. Also, isn't Autumn supposed to still be in contact with Mike? If so, shouldn't there be more to write about?

You know what I call science with this book : Going out there and trying exactly what SB did to see if it is true .. If it works good ,if it does not well then you have your answers. For I really do not care ,and I have my own answers. I know when I am being hoaxed and i know when i am dealing with the real thing. This is all I care about and this is all I need to question.

Guest Thepattywagon

Bff members- My personal take is that Mike really was habituating with BF but when he didn't get what he wanted he cried foul and muddied up the work

to get back at the author, could be wrong but thats my impression.

The problem I have is that the entire story is based on telephone conversations. AW never had a face to face with him, never went to his research area, never showed one substantive piece of hard evidence to support the tale, yet wrote a book that was supposedly non fiction.

I'm not saying you're wrong in your take on it, ptangier, just that a lot of folks who wanted to believe the story were given many reasons not to.

He exists, he was on these very forums admitting he lied to Autumn. :o

Oh yeah, he exists. I spoke with him way before he spoke with Autumn and he told me most of the same story she published called Enoch. He went under another infamous name, on another forum and BFF version 1. He is a notorious hoaxer. His real first name is Mike, he is or was working with heavy construction equipment in Florida and the story is a total fabrication. Do I have proof of it? No, but I knew most of what would be in the book well before it was published, because I was told the same stories. The contents of the book make me comfortable that I was correct.

So, nothing further from Cowgirl since April? I'm an admin on another forum, and a mod on a couple more. I can find out the IP address of any member who posts on those forums. It should be fairly easy to find out if someone is puppeting accounts to make multiple personalities. Just sayin.