Enoch

Guest Primate

Thanks for the welcome Mike!

I could have been to the wrong fruit stand, but I don't know of any other fitting the description. There aren't many fruit stands in that area/county -there is only that one off that particular interstate exit, none of the other are near a Winn Dixie.

While some of the fruits they sell are seasonal these 'fruit stands' usually sell as much (or likely more) tourist junk as fruit and are generally co-located with gas stations just off the interstate. I don't pass by that intersection regularly, but if I do and the stand is open I'll definitely stop in. All the stands a few exits north or south of this exit are open now.

ETA:

@wudewasa: That has the wrong author, also it isn't about Enoch/Henry.

Edited by NukaCola

I would not go fruit stand hopping until Cowgirl posts a pic of the book in question. Either post it here, answer PM's, make a photo copy and fax it to someone, anything will do.

A couple of things....

First off, our membership, for the most part, is VERY astute and can smell an overripened fruit from a couple of miles away.

The silence regarding this apparent *second* book is notably deafening should no one else have noticed.

For the most part I think this one has been smoked out for what it was.

Secondly, I think AW is an absolutely wonderful person. As I said earlier in this thread I do not think she has an deceiptful bone in her body. She's a single mom, well respected within the community, and while I've told her that I felt she *goofed* by not going to the area to see firsthand the claims of Mike/swamp bandit and accumulate some corroborative evidence prior to penning *Enoch* I would be re-miss if I did not note that she has always maintained that while she indeed did not do so, that she has vast experience in interviewing witnesses due to her tenure in the BF field.

That is certainly true. AW has always had my complete respect as a person of integrity.

Unfortunately Mike/swamp bandit himself has admitted that he hoaxed her here on our forum, and it was earlier confirmed that the guy posting here was indeed the subject she used in her book as opposed to the person/persons out pretending to be him a while back on multiple other forums.

Just because Mike/swamp bandit has admitted to hoaxing her, after the book was written, should in no way diminish her credibility IMHO.

Yes, I still feel that she should have gone to the area and researched more intensively and met Mike/swamp bandit in person prior to penning the book. I've told her as much in personal conversations.

The book *Enoch* has value IMHO. Value to those who feel they know of situations of *habituation* and find things in the book that correlate with their experiences. There can also be some comfort taken in that the author, AW, is an really stand-up person with an awful lot of experience.

Do I think she got *hoaxed*? Yep, I do.

Do I think that dimisnishes her credibility? Nope, not at all.

Those who believe in the *habituation* of BF often get an bad rap and I hate that as I personally view the theory as entirely plausible.

But the person who was featured in the story of *Enoch* has admitted that he pulled off an epic hoax.

Buy the book and enjoy it as an work of fiction. If it correlates with personal experiences, or those of people you know and trust, then it is worth it.

I hate that an admitted hoaxer like Mike/swamp bandit would benefit from that purchase. But that sentiment is mitigated for me if AW benefits as well.

I have an awful lot of respect and admiration for her.

The silence regarding this apparent *second* book is notably deafening should no one else have noticed.

I don't know about everybody else, but I'm just waiting patiently & politely for that last "T" to get crossed.

Shhhhhh...... SY and Jodie. You are going to prematurely bust several days of awfully hard work by me and ruin my surprise.

My *i's* are dotted but I still have one *t* to cross.

BFF Patron

Sorry folks the first printing of the new book is sold out, second printing will be coming along only when pre-ordered ......

j/k :rolleyes:

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

Unfortunately Mike/swamp bandit himself has admitted that he hoaxed her here on our forum,

But the person who was featured in the story of *Enoch* has admitted that he pulled off an epic hoax.

Could someone point me to where he wrote this pretty please ?

Thanks

Guest Jodie

Get you a drink or a stout cup of coffee, settle down, dig up the old thread and give it a good read......then tell us what you think about it.

There was a previous thread where he said it was a hoax.