How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Yup. So all we need is a settlement treaty with these "people". Easy, peasy, right?

Agreed. So how do we get the appropriate authorities to get to work?

The Department of the Interior manages public lands and minerals, national parks, and wildlife refuges and upholds Federal trust responsibilities to Indian tribes and Native Alaskans. Additionally, Interior is responsible for endangered species conservation and other environmental conservation efforts

Since BF would probably qualify as an 'endangered species' and then the Interior Department is in charge of its well being. I'll bet they know all about BF and keep quiet due to the potential to devistate logging. The Spotted Owl  protection law greatly impacted timber harvest. Engangered species can shut down logging that produces huge sources of revenue for the federal government.

2 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Quote by Google, "The Department of the Interior manages public lands and minerals, national parks, and wildlife refuges and upholds Federal trust responsibilities to Indian tribes and Native Alaskans. Additionally, Interior is responsible for endangered species conservation and other environmental conservation efforts"

And, as we all know, the Department of Interior is under the Executive branch.  As we all learned, that basically makes them the military.    Sasquatch should be under that super protection!

Sorry had to say it. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, georgerm said:

The Department of the Interior manages public lands and minerals, national parks, and wildlife refuges and upholds Federal trust responsibilities to Indian tribes and Native Alaskans. Additionally, Interior is responsible for endangered species conservation and other environmental conservation efforts

Since BF would probably qualify as an 'endangered species' and then the Interior Department is in charge of its well being. I'll bet they know all about BF and keep quiet due to the potential to devistate logging. The Spotted Owl  protection law greatly impacted timber harvest. Engangered species can shut down logging that produces huge sources of revenue for the federal government.

Most of it has already been shut down. Most of our timber now comes from Canada. What is domestically produced? Mostly comes from private timber lands like Weyerhaeuser.

IMG_1204.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The woo-woo reports have affected my opinion significantly.  Over the past 17 years..?  on this great Forum, I have read many fascinating reports, opinions and questions.  Almost all of the people here seem to be very intelligent.  It has been an eye-opener and a trip!

I see no way for Bigfoot to be extant without having skills/abilities/alien altered DNA, whatever, that is currently without Scientific explanation.  I.e., I believe that they are paranormal and of the paranormal variety that actually exists.

IMO here are the possibilities.

1). Flesh and blood.   Extremely small population, say in the hundreds.   95% or more reports are false or misidentification.

2).   Flesh and blood with some natural ability that allows it to avoid detection.    IR. Infrasound,  ability to see major light spectrum, amazing smell etc.   basically a true ninja of the woods.    Probably 50%   of reports are false or misidentification.

3). Some completely alien / woo woo filled creature/intelligent being that can plane shift, go invisible etc.   95% of reports could be both true and/or Bigfoot trolling us humans for entertainment.  

What day of the week it is determines what I believe.   The only thing I KNOW is that I know nothing.   I’m most likely more wrong on every thought than I am right.  🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

Edited by Twist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

Since BF would probably qualify as an 'endangered species' and then the Interior Department is in charge of its well being. I'll bet they know all about BF and keep quiet due to the potential to devistate logging.

Which, in turn, is predicated on whether or not the Creature even exists.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

IMO here are the possibilities.

1). Flesh and blood.   Extremely small population, say in the hundreds.   95% or more reports are false or misidentification.

2).   Flesh and blood with some natural ability that allows it to avoid detection.    IR. Infrasound,  ability to see major light spectrum, amazing smell etc.   basically a true ninja of the woods.    Probably 50%   of reports are false or misidentification.

3). Some completely alien / woo woo filled creature/intelligent being that can plane shift, go invisible etc.   95% of reports could be both true and/or Bigfoot trolling us humans for entertainment.  

What day of the week it is determines what I believe.   The only thing I KNOW is that I know nothing.   I’m most likely more wrong on every thought than I am right.  🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

Just about as perfect a post as anyone could write. Seriously, wish it had been me. Thank you, Twist, and well done.

Admin

I guess I'm not in the majority.

I think bigfoot is flesh and blood hominid that is going extinct. I fear it may already be too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, gigantor said:

I think bigfoot is flesh and blood hominid that is going extinct. I fear it may already be too late.

I have a small personal list of reasons for why I'm knocking on feds' doors. The reasons themselves aren't small, but the list is. And your quote above is one of those reasons. If the Sasquatch is extant then I want to make sure, to the best of my ability, that it stays extant. And a part of its staying extant is knowing that it's officially and scientifically (same thing really) real.

So, if real, then its potential for staying extant would be largely the responsibility of ALL of the DOI's agencies, since managing the survival of a living Sasquatch population would affect all of those intertwined agencies simultaneously in one form or another. Of course this all depends on whether or not the feds calling it a recreational activity isn't just a deflection.  Because I may KNOW for a fact that Unicorns are real, but  just not tell anyone. Publicly, though, I would simply say that people hunt Unicorns because they believe Unicorns exist....and leave it at that. It would allow me to keep indirectly strangling Unicorns until they die out by constantly chipping away at their habitat.

But we all know that Unicorns are "woo-woo" right?

I would like to follow up my post by requesting that you carefully read what the judge in British Columbia said in his ruling against Todd Standing's Sasquatch case. When you do you will see how Todd Standing went horribly wrong in how he presented his argument to the court. In other words, he really messed up and after reading what the judge said you will easily see how Todd's case was so easily slapped aside. It's interesting that in the very first sentence we get to see how the court side-stepped itself from any responsibility for pursuing the existence issue itself, or issue a ruling that would compel the government to pursue the Sasquatch existence issue. Also the name Sasquatch in the ruling was never capitalized. It is also evident that Todd presented his case as some kind of personal matter which was a gross negligence on his part: https://macleans.ca/news/canada/what-british-columbias-supreme-court-said-about-sasquatch/

"While the court is clearly without jurisdiction to embark upon an independent investigation of scientific matters, the court is also without jurisdiction to order the government of British Columbia to expend funds to conduct particular scientific investigations of the flora and fauna of the Province.

In the case at bar, there is no overt exercise of provincial control over the plaintiff; inaction — in the sense of the Province not recognizing the existence of the sasquatch — is by no means an exertion of control over the plaintiff on the facts of this case. The plaintiff has not been prohibited by the Province from sharing his beliefs regarding the existence of the sasquatch, or from any other action. No facts have been pleaded that amount to “treatment” as described in Rodgriguez (sic), let alone “punishment” that would outrage standards of decency. Rather, bare assertions of a violation are made without reference to any prohibition or act of control.

The conclusion that state action has not created a distinction as against the plaintiff is sufficient to be the end of the matter. However, I further do not find “political or other beliefs” as pleaded to constitute analogous grounds of distinction on consideration of the facts of this particular case. … A belief in the existence of the sasquatch is not an immutable personal characteristic. First, there is no political belief at issue here; Mr. Standing’s belief in the sasquatch’s existence is not a political matter. Second, such belief is not akin to “constructively immutable” grounds like religion. Where religion can be an element core to a person’s state of being in all aspects of life, the same cannot be said of a belief in the existence of the sasquatch."

I'll be starting a new thread to go into this a little deeper.

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gigantor said:

I wonder about that too, gigantor.  Have they already gone extinct?  That might explain why 1967 was the only year that irrefutable (imo) images were ever captured.  If modern game cameras used film with no electromagnetic, digital hocus pocus then who knows..  :blush:

When you say 'flesh and blood' do you mean having no characteristics that are currently unexplained by Science?  Or, do you leave open the possibility that they are still here and can do things that we didn't know any animal could do?

Edited by xspider1

If they’re going extinct it’s definitely not from over hunting. :rolleyes:

They might be in some areas closer to man, but I see no reason to assume they are in the wilds of BC or AK.  Still plenty of room for them to run around undisturbed. 

If the last ones already went extinct then there would be none left to bury the bones of the last ones that died. Assuming they exist and assuming they bury or otherwise manage their dead members.

18 hours ago, georgerm said:

Would “endangered species” include human species apart from homo sapien? It’s scientifically accepted that the various human races are all “human” and homo sapien, and some races are “endangered”. 

14 hours ago, gigantor said:

I’m in the minority with you, but add that I think hybridization with homo sapien might be possible, which would delay extinction.