Dyatlov Pass incident latest….

norseman

I've never bought the killer sasquatch angle on this, probably because there's absolutely no evidence to indicate it.    

I wouldn't rule out something unusual happened that could have been the catalyst, but their injuries would be consistent with them either running/tumbling downhill or being stuck in an avalanche and bouncing off of trees/rocks.  And so far as the soft tissues missing on some of the bodies, predators would account for that.  And yes, they appeared to have been acting panicky at the end since they cut their way out of the tent.  But they were jammed in there in sub zero temps, low oxygen combined with hypothermia could easily account for them acting irrationally.    

Coincidentally, I just watched ‘Yeti Massacre’ on HBO.  That was a horrible event to be sure.  Not sure that the (2nd) official explanation of an avalanche makes sense.

Are any classified animals known to rip a tongue out and not eat the body?  Why would they cut slits in their tents and not just unzip the door if they were oxygen deprived?  Or, better yet, why not descend?  

They also left the forrest and made camp in an open field for some reason.  And one hiker apparently bit completely through his finders, trying not to scream?  Whatever happened to them was very terrifying and it seemed to unfold over several days…

7B6AF716-0372-4799-B77B-2149766DAA14.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Quite frankly the avalanche doesn’t make any sense at all. They should have been buried in that tent.

Low oxygen? The mountain at its peak was 4000 feet. Should be plenty of oxygen.

Hypothermia? Some of them probably did die of exposure….. after they cut themselves out of a perfectly good tent and fled in their underwear and some of them died from blunt force trauma. What were they running from?

And the locals having problems with people missing, and reindeer dead and their tongues ripped out? Seems a bit odd…..and same time frame.

Birds will attack the eyeballs and soft fleshy areas. But that doesn’t explain exploded hearts and organs and broken ribs. Or dude biting through his knuckle. Evidently he was that scared? I mean ALL 9 people all fled and left their gear behind. 

And what is the photo of? 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Each other.

The coroner said many of the injuries could not have been inflicted by a unarmed human. Dunno.

Speaking of which, apparently none of the nine people carried a gun?  That seems odd especially since they were probably aware of the warnings associated with the area.  Or, perhaps Russian civilians were not allowed to bear arms?

3 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Speaking of which, apparently none of the nine people carried a gun?  That seems odd especially since they were probably aware of the warnings associated with the area.  Or, perhaps Russian civilians were not allowed to bear arms?

I am sure the Communist regime probably frowned on gun ownership then. As they had recently been fighting Czarist forces in the 20s.

So the Mansi people call their Bigfoot the Menk. And it seems to really like reindeer tongues. Also in this video the narrator claims one of the nine hikers put in their diary that the “snowman exists”.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

So the Mansi people call their Bigfoot the Menk. And it seems to really like reindeer tongues. Also in this video the narrator claims one of the nine hikers put in their diary that the “snowman exists”.

Chilling!  Still, you gotta love a good reindeer sled race.  I dunno but, that area looks squatchy enough to me. 🥹

And, with the other known perils and the need for their people to be extremely adept at surviving in an obviously harsh environment, it seems unlikely that they would want to fabricate and proliferate a myth amongst themselves such as their Menk.

31 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

Chilling!  Still, you gotta love a good reindeer sled race.  I dunno but, that area looks squatchy enough to me. 🥹

And, with the other known perils and the need for their people to be extremely adept at surviving in an obviously harsh environment, it seems unlikely that they would want to fabricate and proliferate a myth amongst themselves such as their Menk.

No matter what happened? Its the superbowl of 411 stories. And a Menk is just as plausible as any theory.

The Mansi even say it whistles…. I found that interestingly. Thats what Bigfoot does. And we even have totems depicting it whistling.

yep!  The Dyatlov Pass area seems to be a Land of Plenty for the Yeti.  Imagine being so adept at survival in an area as harsh as the Ural Mountains that an animal could survive sometimes eating only the tastiest parts of other animals.  Even Homo Sapiens Sapiens can’t do that.