Dyatlov Pass incident latest….

norseman

Sure, Norseman., sure. I mean, why waste my time on a thread talking about a 1959 Russian incident that will end up nowhere like it always has whenever it gets rehashed? Total distraction. Have fun with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Sure, Norseman., sure. I mean, why waste my time on a thread talking about a 1959 Russian incident that will end up nowhere like it always has whenever it gets rehashed? Total distraction. Have fun with it.

Do you have to suck all the oxygen out of every thread you walk into? I know! Let’s just rename the BFF, the Hiflier Forum…. and ONLY YOU can pick the topics we can talk about!

Lets see…..

1) DNA

2) Writing my Congressman about Bigfoot

So….2….2 topics!!!🙀

I have no idea why people do not find this story more compelling? If 9 hikers went missing in the Olympic National Park in 1959 and they were all found dead and some of them were crushed to death by a “unknown force”? This story would be right up there with Bauman, Ostman, Ruby creek, Ape canyon and other North American Bigfoot folklore.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

^ I agree 100%, norseman.  Since day 1 of my experience with the BFF, starting about 18 years ago, there are always detractors in almost every thread.  It always bugged me that they would post incessantly in the PGf threads telling Us that there was nothing left to learn and we should all just move on.  Then we kept discovering more and more.  Most of these topics are only a distraction to those not interested in the truth.  Carry on, my friend!  :D 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, norseman said:

North American

Key words there. Because our mystery beast is HERE. In North America. Our back yard. Now. Current, As in the present. It's an enormous realization.

34 minutes ago, norseman said:

2) Writing my Congressman about Bigfoot

Try to not make me laugh.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

^ I agree 100%, norseman.  Since day 1 of my experience with the BFF, starting about 18 years ago, there are always detractors in almost every thread.  It always bugged me that they would post incessantly in the PGf threads telling Us that there was nothing left to learn and we should all just move on.  Then we kept discovering more and more.  Most of these topics are only a distraction to those not interested in the truth.  Carry on, my friend!  :D 

Well to be fair? I was probably one of them. But I hope I didn’t make a nuisance of myself! Don’t get me wrong I think the PGF is real. But just like this story it doesn’t prove anything. But I completely support your guys work and appreciate Bill Munns imput as well. This forum should be a place for people to talk about all things Bigfoot. Which in my mind includes, Yeti, Yowie, Orang pendak, Menk, etc…..👍

22 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Key words there. Because our mystery beast is HERE. In North America. Our back yard. Now. Current, As in the present. It's an enormous realization.

Try to not make me laugh.

I am not laughing.

Hiflier? We have always included other cryptic Hominids in our discussions here. 🤨

10 hours ago, norseman said:

.........We have always included other cryptic Hominids in our discussions here. 🤨

Including the mysterious, shapeshifting, and elusive Congressman?

• Haha 1

very good point about the 'what if' this event occurred in north america....it would be huge news and still today legendary

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 9:31 AM, norseman said:

Supposedly large tracks were found.

https://visitcryptoville.com/2014/06/02/russian-yeti-is-the-dyatlov-mystery-solved/

But it also talks about nuclear rocket tests,etc.

If you are referring to the print with ice axe, it is a prop from an earlier undated, unrelated camping trip.

How about a failed R-12 rocket launch from the Kapustin Yar test site? They also had test drops of aerial mines that were fused for air burst. If some one wants to burn some time, check the Urals as a location to dump 1st and 2nd stage rocket components. Radiation on one victim is odd.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:35 AM, norseman said:

https://allthatsinteresting.com/dyatlov-pass-photos#22

This series of expedition photos actually shows a Mansi Menk boundary warning on a tree.

The image at the bottom shows that hunters in this region marked their trails. The markings show number of hunters, which tribe that they are from.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:01 PM, MIB said:

I probably didn't say that right.    We have a mix of fact, interpretation, and misinformation .. maybe even some intentional to make it even more dramatic or fit a particular story line someone wants to promote.   We don't have a clear way to separate most of the information reliably into one of the categories given time, distance, and .. governments.   That means that even that which we assume to be fact, like the coroner report, is viewed against such a mottled backdrop of "stuff" that we don't have a reliable context for understanding it or evaluating it.   It's truly a mess.

Worth posting an MIB comment. Definitely a mess. The data that is available is from 2 regimes: Soviet era and Russian. There is the situation described as 'lost in translation'. The odd part about the Soviet era report is the 'by the book' Soviets who introduced a causative factor of natural forest forces ( maybe mythology ). 9 sets of prints walked away from the tent. They did not run. A flash light was attached to the tent to help them find their way back. The blunt force trauma is a mystery.

Latest theories being pushed are :

turbulent air infrasound inducing fear and terror 

slab avalanche

Katabatic wind

What I have gleaned from the tragedy is a new name to add to my cryptic creature list in the way of "Menk, the whistling and problems in translation.

A whistle travels further than talking / yelling.

The translation " Mountain of the Dead " means that area does not have any game animals for hunting---it is dead.

Ethnobiologists have studied the indigenous peoples in this area for many years prior to the incident. The  Mansi have mythology with the Menk  being a forest spirit.

They say that the Menk are "just like humans, only spirits of the parallel forest world".

The incident will be 65 years old soon. It will never be solved. The entertainment industry runs wild with these types of stories. Every year, someone solves the mystery in a teleplay that is mouse click bait. For the next teleplay, I submit the title to be "Nasty Almasty". Not really an Almasty, but it rhymes.

Mansi trail markings nE5YEoT.jpeg

Edited by Catmandoo
spelling

42 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

If you are referring to the print with ice axe, it is a prop from an earlier undated, unrelated camping trip.

How about a failed R-12 rocket launch from the Kapustin Yar test site? They also had test drops of aerial mines that were fused for air burst. If some one wants to burn some time, check the Urals as a location to dump 1st and 2nd stage rocket components. Radiation on one victim is odd.

The image at the bottom shows that hunters in this region marked their trails. The markings show number of hunters, which tribe that they are from.

Worth posting an MIB comment. Definitely a mess. The data that is available is from 2 regimes: Soviet era and Russian. There is the situation described as 'lost in translation'. The odd part about the Soviet era report is the 'by the book' Soviets who introduced a causative factor of natural forest forces ( maybe mythology ). 9 sets of prints walked away from the tent. They did not run. A flash light was attached to the tent to help them find their way back. The blunt force trauma is a mystery.

Latest theories being pushed are :

turbulent air infrasound inducing fear and terror 

slab avalanche

Katabatic wind

What I have gleaned from the tragedy is a new name to add to my cryptic creature list in the way of "Menk, the whistling and problems in translation.

A whistle travels further than talking / yelling.

The translation " Mountain of the Dead " means that area does not have any game animals for hunting---it is dead.

Ethnobiologists have studied the indigenous peoples in this area for many years prior to the incident. The  Mansi have mythology with the Menk  being a forest spirit.

They say that the Menk are "just like humans, only spirits of the parallel forest world".

The incident will be 65 years old soon. It will never be solved. The entertainment industry runs wild with these types of stories. Every year, someone solves the mystery in a teleplay that is mouse click bait. For the next teleplay, I submit the title to be "Nasty Almasty". Not really an Almasty, but it rhymes.

Mansi trail markings nE5YEoT.jpeg

Are you referring to the Shipton photo? Of a supposed Yeti track in Nepal?

They are from the Mansi tribe. And it’s a Menk warning sign.

They cut their way out of the tent not fully dressed and fled into the freezing cold? Some only in socks? Walking not running is a moot point. Obviously they left in haste.

The Menk kills Reindeer with blunt force trauma and evidently their tongue is his favorite treat. Which sounds very similar to a reported Yeti attack on Yaks. As well as Bigfoot twisting the heads on Elk. Either way? The Menk seems to be more to the Mansi than just a “forest spirit”.

And the mountain’s name is indeed from Mansi people vanishing up there.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Are you referring to the Shipton photo? Of a supposed Yeti track in Nepal?

Yes.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

They cut their way out of the tent not fully dressed and fled into the freezing cold? Some only in socks? Walking not running is a moot point. Obviously they left in haste

Dazed and confused. To scare the wits out of 9 people simultaneously requires overwhelming fear / confusion. Explosion? Assuming all 9 could react similarly to infrasound is a stretch. Radiation from weapons testing is unknown at this time.

We may never know.

There have been other incidents in Russia with camping groups dying.

9 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

........The entertainment industry runs wild with these types of stories..........

This statement deserves its own huge thread. Before YouTube, the entertainment industry was controlled by few. Now it's wide open, and the garbage really stinks now. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Has anybody ever read the book or seen the film Dersu Uzala, both really good.  If I’m ever traipsing through the Russian wilderness I want somebody like him with me.

9 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Yes.

Dazed and confused. To scare the wits out of 9 people simultaneously requires overwhelming fear / confusion. Explosion? Assuming all 9 could react similarly to infrasound is a stretch. Radiation from weapons testing is unknown at this time.

We may never know.

Agreed. They were in terror at the tent. We can only speculate what that is.

But part of the party was then bludgeoned to death. The skeptical inquirer floats the idea that they were crushed by a 13 foot fall into a ravine in snow. I discount this. As a skier I have crashed down 100 ft slopes going a significant speed. I was even stuck upside down once in a tree well. Sure I may have bruised my ribs. But a group of people all at once gets crushed and dies and their bodies are found in a survival snow cave when fir boughs cuts as insulation? Seems like the injuries came later. Often people caught in an avalanche are not injured at all. But they will suffocate if not found. That’s why everyone wears avalanche beacons now. I am doubtful that snow is responsible.

I can’t help but think there was something stalking them. I guess humans could have did it. And then conveniently blame it on the local legend. 

8 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

If I’m ever traipsing through the Russian wilderness

Be sure to have Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, Geiger counter, iodine pills and an AK-47.  Being a little bit radioactive might keep the bugs away.

The incident is more convoluted than an Agatha Christie mystery. The Russian versions of Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple have not surfaced yet. It is a definite maybe. The investigation was reopened in 2019.

The original investigators did not recognize the cause of the blunt force trauma. Being grabbed and wrapped around a tree is hurtful.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

I was even stuck upside down once in a tree well.

Skiers and snow boarders die from hanging upside down in a tree well. Blood congregates in the upper torso. When they are found after the snow melts, the condition of the upper body indicates the cause of death.

In 2018, the body of 'Alexander' was exhumed. Just a DNA check, no word about radiation. Any radiation from 1959 would have decayed away unless it was the nasty stuff.

The anniversary is upon us. wait and see.