Dyatlov Pass incident latest….

norseman

21 minutes ago, Chim Chim said:

I’ve had that piece for about 20 years, it’s worth 4-5x what I paid for it.  As they say land is the best investment, they don’t make more of it.

You are spot on!

• 4 weeks later...

Snow drifts,wind, falling into a ravine, scavengers, hypothermia, picture of a native. 

All signs of an explainable tragedy that resulted in death. 

The stories are intriguing ,but should not overshadow the sad ending that these young people endured. 

16 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Snow drifts,wind, falling into a ravine, scavengers, hypothermia, picture of a native. 

All signs of an explainable tragedy that resulted in death. 

The stories are intriguing ,but should not overshadow the sad ending that these young people endured. 

And blunt force trauma like getting hit by a car….

Haven't read all the posts yet, so maybe someone already posted it, but ThinkerThunker has put up a 3-video post on the incident and he raises some good points. Here's the first of the three.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, norseman said:

And blunt force trauma like getting hit by a car….

Falling in a ravine explains the trauma injuries. 

It is my understanding that only the ones who were in the ravine had these type of injuries 

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Falling in a ravine explains the trauma injuries. 

It is my understanding that only the ones who were in the ravine had these type of injuries 

I highly suggest you research this case further. Google earth for starters. This is not super mountainous country.

Also the people in the shallow ravine took shelter there and had started a fire.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, norseman said:

I highly suggest you research this case further. Google earth for starters. This is not super mountainous country.

Also the people in the shallow ravine took shelter there and had started a fire.

Seen Google and I agree not super mountainous. 

Disagree with the other part about the ravine. 

I think the disconnect here is people look at the evidence such as it is and try to make sense of it and apply logic to figure out what happened.  But it’s my belief they suffered hypothermia that fatal night and sense and logic had nothing to do with their final mentally confused actions.

For a week or so they were in the forest and presumably building large fires to warm themselves, and no problems.  But the first night on a wind swept hillside away from a ready source of firewood big problems arise, I don’t think that’s a coincidence.  

On 1/4/2024 at 11:03 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Seen Google and I agree not super mountainous. 

Disagree with the other part about the ravine. 

You have just debunked your own theory. To have injuries that the coroner described as being hit by a car? These people would have to do a Superman off a cliff in the Himalayas…… but instead? There is no topography around to support that conclusion. Plus the fire…. You don’t get hit by a car and then start a fire? Why? Because your dead or dying.

I realize that you’re on a Bigfoot forum and will never ever give credibility to any theory that includes Bigfoot. But let’s not get silly. 

12 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

I think the disconnect here is people look at the evidence such as it is and try to make sense of it and apply logic to figure out what happened.  But it’s my belief they suffered hypothermia that fatal night and sense and logic had nothing to do with their final mentally confused actions.

For a week or so they were in the forest and presumably building large fires to warm themselves, and no problems.  But the first night on a wind swept hillside away from a ready source of firewood big problems arise, I don’t think that’s a coincidence.  

I think this theory is also pretty silly. You’re telling me you’re in a tent with a stove and you’re freezing to death and you can’t find anything to burn in the stove? Wood skis? Poles? Wood pack frames? 

I’ve had hypothermia in the wilderness. I don’t remember going crazy. I do remember shaking violently. I got naked and slide inside a sleeping bag and my body did the rest. There is NO possible way I could have picked up a knife and started cutting my way out of a thick canvas tent. A tent that is protecting me from the elements…..🤷‍♂️ I couldn’t even undress myself.

Plus you telling me that this same craziness over took all of them at the same time. No one said….. hey! Maybe we should get dressed first. Maybe we should use the tent flap. Maybe we should start a fire and stay inside the tent. 

Out of three guys I was the only one suffering from hypothermia. They got the tent up and unpacked my sleeping bag and got my wet clothes off. 

Something….made them all agree to cut their way out of that tent and flee with their underwear on in below zero temperatures.

And I am willing to entertain non Bigfoot options. Bear? Men? But hypothermia? No.

...Behavioural changes such as impaired judgement, impaired sense of time and place, unusual aggression and numbness can be observed in individuals with hypothermia, they can also deny their condition and refuse any help. A hypothermic person can be euphoric and hallucinating...

...Twenty to fifty percent of hypothermia deaths are associated with paradoxical undressing. This typically occurs during moderate and severe hypothermia, as the person becomes disoriented, confused, and combative. They may begin discarding their clothing, which, in turn, increases the rate of heat loss...

...An apparent self-protective behaviour, known as "terminal burrowing", or "hide-and-die syndrome", occurs in the final stages of hypothermia. Those affected will enter small, enclosed spaces, such as underneath beds or behind wardrobes. It is often associated with paradoxical undressing...

Confused, combative, running out into the night with little clothing on and hunkering down in a ravine at the end.  No telling how things went down, but it had to be one chaotic and emotionally charged scene. How did the tent get cut from the inside, did one of them pull their knife on the others when they wigged out and then turned around and cut the slit and ran into the night?  If that happened you can imagine the sense of panic that would cause in any of them who still had their wits about.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

To have injuries that the coroner described as being hit by a car? These people would have to do a Superman off a cliff in the Himalayas

I imagine running like a crazed man down a slope as fast as you can and into frozen tree trunks/rocks would cause significant blunt trauma.  They may have even been beating on each other with whatever objects they could lay hands on in their confused state.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Plus the fire…. You don’t get hit by a car and then start a fire

One or two of them at the end may have still been sensible enough to realize they needed heat, but too little to late.

Something….made them all agree to cut their way out of that tent and flee with their underwear on in below zero temperatures.

• In its essence, blind panic is a heightened state of anxiety that can be triggered by various factors, such as a sudden and unexpected event, a perceived threat, or a feeling of being trapped in a dangerous situation. This intense fear can cause individuals to act impulsively or irrationally, often leading to a loss of control over their actions.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

You have just debunked your own theory. To have injuries that the coroner described as being hit by a car? These people would have to do a Superman off a cliff in the Himalayas…… but instead? There is no topography around to support that conclusion. Plus the fire…. You don’t get hit by a car and then start a fire? Why? Because your dead or dying.

I realize that you’re on a Bigfoot forum and will never ever give credibility to any theory that includes Bigfoot. But let’s not get silly. 

Perhaps, you to heed your own advice. Do more research. 

There is lots of conflicting conjecture about this subject. 

The silly comment was not relevant to a speculative conversation. 

I will gladly give credibility to any bigfoot theory that is logical and or believable. 

However, there is none that doesn't include a real specimen.  Anything else is fantasy and wishful. 

Back on topic  katabatic winds, hypothermia, avalanche,no make believe creatures or cars. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

4 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Perhaps, you to heed your own advice. Do more research. 

There is lots of conflicting conjecture about this subject. 

The silly comment was not relevant to a speculative conversation. 

I will gladly give credibility to any bigfoot theory that is logical and or believable. 

However, there is none that doesn't include a real specimen.  Anything else is fantasy and wishful. 

Back on topic  katabatic winds, hypothermia, avalanche,no make believe creatures or cars. 

The coroner’s report and the comparison to getting hit by a car? Is the only physical facts we have in the case. So your theory of falling is null and void. If I am wrong? Then show me a ravine deep enough to make a cadaver look like it’s been hit by a car.👍 

Latest thinker thinker video analyzes the Dyatlov photo to the PGF.

6 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

Confused, combative, running out into the night with little clothing on and hunkering down in a ravine at the end.  No telling how things went down, but it had to be one chaotic and emotionally charged scene. How did the tent get cut from the inside, did one of them pull their knife on the others when they wigged out and then turned around and cut the slit and ran into the night?  If that happened you can imagine the sense of panic that would cause in any of them who still had their wits about.

I imagine running like a crazed man down a slope as fast as you can and into frozen tree trunks/rocks would cause significant blunt trauma.  They may have even been beating on each other with whatever objects they could lay hands on in their confused state.

One or two of them at the end may have still been sensible enough to realize they needed heat, but too little to late.

I’ve had a horse roll over me in the wilderness and lived. You think someone running into a tree in the dark is gonna look like a car crash!?? No.

They cut a hole in the tent to escape because there was an immediate threat blocking the tent entrance. And yes leaving in their underwear was a calculated risk between dying this second or maybe dying later. They fled and lost. They might as well took their bludgeoning at the tent. Whatever it was that bludgeoned them.

Here is a Google earth photo of the area.

IMG_1502.png

I’ve had a horse roll over me in the wilderness and lived.

Poor horse. Did it survive?